Paring MU with Aversa or Tiamo - problems?

GamingPandas

I just had a long discussion with my friend about the pairings in Awakening and we actually had quite a heated debate. One of our biggest points of difference is pairing Aversa or Tiamo with MU.

Aversa:

My friend basically asked me why would the MU (or yourself or me) want to marry someone like Aversa who and I quote "is a well-endowed, sensual, beautiful woman, seducing men and leading them to ruin is her forte."

Our primary point of difference is why will YOU marry a woman who is arguably (although we do not know for sure) "unclean". By "unclean" he meant more or less of a "slut"... although the word "slut" is somewhat offensive but I guess the idea came from the quote "seducing men".

What does "seducing men" mean? I mean there are varying degrees of seduction right? You can seduce WITHOUT offering your own body right? (You guys know what I'm implying.) Surely, it is also arguable that Aversa seduced men WITHOUT offering up her body or virginity right?

Also, isn't this set in a medieval fantasy setting? Just like in ancient China, chastity is viewed quite importantly is it not?

So my argument is that its unfair to treat Aversa as a "slut" because the quote "seducing men" can be subject to varying degrees of interpretation.

Does anyone of you think what I'm saying can be correct?

Tiamo:

I'll cut right to the point of difference here and that is whether Tiamo really can be said to love anyone she S ranks with given her hidden crush on Chrom.

I said Chrom will marry someone after chapter 11 ends. I also said if you cannot S rank Tiamo by the time chapter 11 ends, its a bit awkward because by then Tiamo would have realised she will NEVER be able to get together with Chrom... so OBVIOUSLY she will look elsewhere. Is this a cheap argument? But doesn't is sound quite logical?

However, if the MU or anyone else CAN S rank Tiamo before chapter 11 ends, then the argument above is TOTALLY INVALIDATED.

My friend disagreed for a number of reasons.

Anyone any thoughts?

Edited by GamingPandas

However, if the MU or anyone else CAN S rank Tiamo before chapter 11 ends, then the argument above is TOTALLY INVALIDATED.

TiamoConfession2.png

This happened to me on Chapter 8.

And the convo seemed heartfelt enough.

She's the Catria of this game. That's what the game developers decided.

Generic Village girl-chan is more lucky than her.

Edited by shadowofchaos

TiamoConfession2.png

This happened to me on Chapter 8.

And the convo seemed heartfelt enough.

She's the Catria of this game. That's what the game developers decided.

Generic Village girl-chan is more lucky than her.

Wow, so she joins on Chapter 7.

And you S ranked her on Chapter 8?

1-2 chapters is enough for S rank?

wrt the first one: because this is ultimately a world that IS created. It may have some basis in real life elements, but this is not the same as our world and ultimately, IS makes the rules. If there's no taboo placed on female promiscuity in IS's world, then there just isn't. Not everything (or anything) have to be the same as our world.

I mean fuck there's magic and horsebirds and GIANT KILLER RABBITS and you're thinking about some silly social norm that may not even apply worldwide here, let alone some fictional world.

Alternatively, if you're so damn fussed about it, she could've just lured the guys into bed and then killed them without actually sleeping with them at all.

On Aversa: I do think that MU would have some degree of desire for Aversa, considering the time period thing

The fact that she has a tragic backstory, and both have a connection with Validar (and not a good one, either).

So yeah, with both of their characters being the way they are, I could see MU having an attraction towards her. Her appearance would help, although depending on the person the desire for that may be different.

As for Tiamo, I think that it isn't TOO awkward that she can S-support after Chapter 11. I think of it as this:

Tiamo, once she finds out Krom picks a wife other than her, is heartbroken. She doesn't really have a chance at love anymore, she thinks. But she soldiers on, for the good of the war, even if she doesn't know when she could find love in another person, if at all.

Enter Avatar (or whoever you decide to pair her with), and it starts changing, little by little. It starts as a conversation she tries to keep normal, despite her now-completely unrequited love for Krom possibly affecting her. She suddenly starts to warm up to Avatar (or whoever) as she learns more about them, and she starts being friends with someone that she could marry at one point. Eventually, she thinks to herself at some point "Hey, this man I've been talking to seems friendly enough, and is really nice. Even if the thought of my love for Krom being unrequited pains me quite a lot, I should start being more than just... friends with this person. Even if it isn't what I've wanted, I should still try to make myself happy, and... do something with this guy. Who knows, maybe I'll learn to really love him?"

Then, the S support happens. She's overjoyed that she has a person that she likes, who also likes her back, and has even proposed to her. While her feelings for Chrom may never disappear, she decides to kind of "Move On", so to speak.

I would honestly think that she thinks that she would probably not have a chance of love so quickly after being so heartbroken at Chrom not wanting her. Once Avatar, or the other guys that can pair with her come around, she decides that she has a possible chance at love, even if it's not her first crush, after meeting with them for a bit, and fighting together on the battlefield.

This is just my own head-canon, though, so don't make too much of it. That's just what I think.

Edited by Diortem

Tiamo:

I'll cut right to the point of difference here and that is whether Tiamo really can be said fix your tagsto love anyone she S ranks with given her hidden crush on Chrom.

Well, yeah, it's just a crush. You might have a crush on someone, but if you then meet someone you like more, you'll forget about them pretty quickly.

Alternatively, if you're so damn fussed about it, she could've just lured the guys into bed and then killed them without actually sleeping with them at all.

But that's much worse! At least by my standards, since TC's friend obviously seems to have no problem with Aversa having killed lots of people, but has a problem with the idea that (le gasp) she might have had sex before marriage!

On Aversa: I do think that MU would have some degree of desire for Aversa, considering the time period thing

The fact that she has a tragic backstory, and both have a connection with Validar (and not a good one, either).

So yeah, with both of their characters being the way they are, I could see MU having an attraction towards her. Her appearance would help, although depending on the person the desire for that may be different.

Plus, MU isn't exactly picky. He's happy to marry anyone in the game. It's ridiculous to suggest that Aversa should be the one person who he turns his nose up because, what, she's not a virgin? So marrying a 10 year old girl, marrying people from the future, marrying the insane Tharja, marrying rabbit-people, that all passes TC's smell-test, but marrying a non-virgin is completely out of the question?

Edited by Anouleth

But that's much worse! At least by my standards, since TC's friend obviously seems to have no problem with Aversa having killed lots of people, but has a problem with the idea that (le gasp) she might have had sex before marriage!

Well yes, it is. But then again, so has pretty much everyone in the game killed lots of people, so~

Well yes, it is. But then again, so has pretty much everyone in the game killed lots of people, so~

Maybe it's similar to how Cedric Drake (otherwise known as Number 25) from Valkyria Chronicles 3 states one of his reasons for fighting: If killing someone in a backalley makes you a murderer, killing tons of people on the battlefield makes you a hero.

I know it sounds insane, but we're talking about a serial killer whose proclaimed purpose is to go against the law here. Maybe the same stigma is applying itself to Aversa. Just because she's made a fair number of her kills offscreen (using her feminine wiles to lure her targets into traps could be but ONE of her methods), some fans are turning their nose and cheering on the body count contest located wherever the Shepherds go.

In other words, dat double standard.

On Aversa: People marry her 'cause she's like the only character with big boobs and gives you a puff-puff.

On Tiamo: Apparently people like redheads. She is quite hot though.

I can't say I care about the morality of Aversa's character, and how does Tiamo "really" love someone again? She's a sprite with some dialogue, man. Can't really argue about this stuff.