What are you doing to pass the time until Awakening's release?

Tarquin

I've been trying to replay Persona 4 Golden, but my heart isn't in it. These days, I find there's nothing I want to do besides browse Awakening related websites. My co-workers think I may have a problem. I engage in no hyperbole when I say that this is literally the most excited I've ever been for a game's release.

ANTICIPATION LEVELS AT: 98%. IMPLOSION IMMINENT.

What have you all been doing whilst waiting for Awakening? (Besides work and school, as those are a given, and don't really count.) Would you sacrifice something dear to you in order to have the game in your hands right now, or are you sane and fine with being patient?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...might have a slight Awakening probelm.

I spend most of my time looking at SF or the Awakening GFaqs page these days, doing Knights of Iris stuff for the wiki, searching the #fireemblem tag on Twitter for new shots from review copies, checking videogamesplus' twitter for updates on the bundle for others, planning out Avatars for my playthoughs (I have 7 planned out ATM, 3 Male, 4 Female), and planning a Lucina cosplay when I have the money to make it. Oh and I look through Knights of Iris daily XD

It makes it worse I live in Australia, so I don't have a demo, and I don't get the game here until April, although I'm expecting my bundle to arrive late February/Early March, so that'll pass the time until the Australian release

EDIT: Oh and I've also been playing a Randomised Sacred Stones run. Which basically means I took everyone's classes, growths and promotions into a randomiser and inserted it into the game

Chapter 8 was freaking annoying, the boss rolled a Cyclops, and I didn't bring Seth, so I eventually used my Cavalier!Vanessa with super high defense to tank his hits to break his weapons, with Wyvern Rider!Eirika supporting and Troubadour!Lute healing. And Dracozombies start appearing at Chapter 13...Luckily Manakete!L'arachel turns up the same chapter

Edited by Wheels

Is this the right place for this?

Aside from that, internet browsing, watching a few movies (such as Metropolis '01, The Last Unicorn, Pulp Fiction, and Grease, just to name a few) here and there, and listening to some of FE13's soundtrack. Other than that, not much aside from what's generally a given. Oh! And playing Dissidia and Crisis Core.

Edited by Little Al

lol Glad to see I'm not the only one with high anticipation about this game. XD

I've been playing Star Ocean: Til the End of Time to whittle the time away, but honestly it's not being very fun. Doesn't help that the plot is one long over-dramatized apocalypse (of sorts) and that the game has no happy endings.

Well, there's Fayt x ? that isn't a sad ending but that's just ONE ending per game file. otl

I've been busy with class these days, so it'll keep me occupied enough up until Awakening's release. Seeing as I don't have my PS3 or my Wii at college with me, I've been having to rely on my other 3DS games and my PSP games to pass the time.

I guess I can go back and finally beat Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Tales of the Abyss 3D, and Gods Eater Burst...when I'm not doing schoolwork. =/

It makes it worse I live in Australia, so I don't have a demo, and I don't get the game here until April, although I'm expecting my bundle to arrive late February/Early March, so that'll pass the time until the Australian release.

I'm happy you're able to play it earlier, but still, I feel for you, my poor EU/AU brethren. I can scarcely imagine having to wait any longer than I already must.

Is this the right place for this?

Hmm, I thought it was fine since Awakening is technically a subject - but if I've mis-posted, I apologize; mods ought to feel free to close or move this topic~

Edited by Tarquin

Study... play Shadow Dragon for, like, the 8th time... study... play Shin Monshou no Nazo (on the DS, not the computer) for, like, the 6th time... study... study... study... play the GBA Fire Emblem games... (all three of them hopefully)... not get the FE9 and FE10 ROMs 'cause they're too big (like, 2 GB together or something...)... study... study... study... die from waiting for Awakening too long... study... take a bunch of tests at the end of this school year, THEN get the game... finally. (Then play it everyday for the next three months.)

Im visiting theese forums daily, youtube vids. Shadowofchaos has a let's play that i keep up with, rewatch some of them when i got nothing else. Also got back into dark souls today, and mystery of the emblem. Also got orc must die 2 to keep me entertained. Oh and im even looking forward to american release, because of english gameplay videos that will spring up on youtube.

Unfortunately, it's busy season, so I'll be working 11 hours, plus the approximate 1.5 total hours of commute. If I'm lucky, I'll get 2 hours a night to play it once it's released until the weekend.

yeah keeping my eye on fire emblem related tweets. I visit SF an obscene amount of times in a day plus I've watched so many demo videos on Youtube ( as I don't have a 3DS yet), I could probably do the prologue and 1st chapter blindfold

I have exams to study for so that's been keeping me distracted... somehow.

But I don't think the days prior to FE13 will be my problem. My problem is that where I live, school starts up again on the 4th.... so I'm going to be sitting in my classes with an uncontrollable twitch until school is out. (/gross sobbing.)

Playing through the whole series starting at 4. I'm about halfway through Sacred Stones, and yet I still spend several hours lurking here for more info and figuring out the Lucina-Waifu rivals I need to deal with once the game comes out.

Waiting for my Wizard's Edition of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch to arrive.

Other than that, I'll probably do the same stuff I do every day: chat on Skype, play video games, and do required/necessary stuff.