English Class Reel

Hirondelle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really a Dark Knight until they're riding Batmobiles. The name is even weirder considering Dark Mages lose Dark Magic when promoting to it too.

I'd also prefer Ranger over Bow Knight, considering one might as well perfer swords over bows.

Not too picky on the others. Dark Flyer sounds like the mount could be anything other than a pegasus though.

I like Dark Flier.

It's a dark version of the Pegasus Knight. They couldn't call it Dark Pegasus, because it's the rider that's promoting - not the pegasus. They likewise couldn't call it Dark Knight, because... that's already another class. So they took the main attribute of the Pegasus Knight class and worked from there - they are dark, and they fly (on mounts.) Easy enough.

Do prefer Ranger to Bow Knight, though, but whatever.

Edited by Iridium

War Monk and War Cleric are neat.

I'm surprised and slightly disappointed that Wyvern Rider/Lord are back again. If NOA is okay with shuffling class names, then they've got no excuse to not rename Nosferatu if it's ever light magic again...

I also thought they'd think of a better alternate name for Dark Pegasus, but I guess it is a rather difficult task ^^;;;

I thought they always had higher res than typical for a physical unit (though behind peg-knights)

Other than the +6 res promotion bonus in FEDS I never really never really noticed anything like that.(I certainly don't remember it ever being mentioned)

Perhaps they will actually mention the fact that Dracoknights > Wyvern knights in dialogue? Seeing as the Tellius games/FEDS games supposedly take place a fair bit before all the other ones, it's not unreasonable to think that they could slip an explanation of the name changes into dialogue.

I like that they retained Trickster and Grandmaster, and I really like War Monk/War Cleric. I'm also glad to see that Dracoknight and Dragonmaster are being changed back to Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord. But Dark Flier and Griffon Rider? That might take some getting used to.

Now all we need are the English names for Overlord, Star Lord, Demon Fighter, Bride, and Merchant. But who knows how long it'll take to get those names? I assume we'll know Star Lord when the game releases, seeing as it's practically free Day 1 DLC.

Edited by Karaszure

I'm actually really surprised that they didn't change Dark Knight into Mage Knight, but I prefer Dark Knight more. Though I don't think it'll be easy for me to not think of Batman when I see that.

Also, anybody got the feeling Gregor and Nowi switched personalities? I swear Gregor's caveman speech and Nowi's "semi-mature" voice makes me feel like they might've had errors with translating, or they just thought it'd be better idea for some stupid reason.

I actually like the term Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord, the letters look cooler, especially W, V and Y, those are exotic letters. D-R-A-G-O-N, nothing special about that bunch. Maybe D, but it doesn't come close to V

I'm weird like that.

I actually like the term Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord, the letters look cooler, especially W, V and Y, those are exotic letters. D-R-A-G-O-N, nothing special about that bunch. Maybe D, but it doesn't come close to V

I'm weird like that.

I don't mind Wyvern Rider but Wyvern Lord also makes me think of the regular Lords. If it was me, I would have it be Wyvern Master and also Pegasus Master instead of Falcon Knight. But, that's just me.

I like the voices all around, but a couple notable ones are:

Nowi. Now, I (cwutididthar) know it sounds a bit older than she looks, but lets be honest: would a voice that sounds like her original have been any better?

Cherche. I can't place exact details, but I just like how the tone sounds. It just feels... right to me.

Donnel's voice is actually pretty cool. I really like that they gave him that tone, it makes him seem a little older.

Sumia. I didn't mind her original voice, but this one fits her so much more.

That's really about it.

I'm glad Grandmaster and Trickster stayed, I'm a little surprised Wyvern Rider/Lord returned. War Monk/Cleric and Dark Flier made me go "why?" but it sounds good. I'm liking Griffon Rider. And it also seems that the promoted class for the Lord is Great Lord.

Other than the +6 res promotion bonus in FEDS I never really never really noticed anything like that.(I certainly don't remember it ever being mentioned)

One of the games I played definitely mentioned it somewhere. Don't remember where, though. Maybe Seth/Marcus/Arran said it, or it was in the class reel or something. Or maybe it was in a house. I don't know. But I read it somewhere in the games, out of FE7, 8, 11, and 12 (and FE11 doesn't have any dialogue so probably not there.)

Nowi's grunts are the best grunts.

I don't mind any of the name changes so what's in your guy's cornflakes that bugs you so much?

Hahaha, I think it's the word Flier that bugs me, not that the name was changed from Dark Pegasus. Even in day-to-day use, "flier" has always bugged me. People say "flier" for what I understand to be a pamphlet, and in Singapore they built the Singapore Flier, which sounds grand, but is really just a giant Ferris Wheel! It's just such a vague word without true definition.

Grandmaster stayed the same! BOOYAH!

Not too thrilled about Dark Flier, like most people here, but I admit it's probably the lesser of all possible evils. Dark Pegasus really does sound like you're talking about the mount instead of the person riding it. What else could they name it? 'Dark Pegasus Knight' is too much of a mouthful. 'Dark Rider'? Sounds cool, but doesn't really convey the fact that they're flying. 'Dark... Aviatrix'? 'Dark Ace'? 'Dark Pilot'? Urghh.

(Yes, I did get those last 3 from searching for 'flier' in the thesaurus.)

Overall, happy enough with the names.

Yeah, it seems Dark Pegasus is the "loaded question" among Awakening's classes.

No matter what you name it, you'll still get magic'd in the face because it'll think you called it fat.

Feel free to kill me for the terrible joke...just make it painless.