Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

well, of course there's going to be an ike amiibo figure for _smash_. it looks like they're basing all the figures on the poses on the _smash bros._ site, so ike's will be suitably awesome. http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/ike/main.png (hope that wasn't switching topics too much.)

Edited by geozeldadude

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, of course there's going to be an ike amiibo figure for _smash_. it looks like they're basing all the figures on the poses on the _smash bros._ site, so ike's will be suitably awesome. http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/ike/main.png (hope that wasn't switching topics too much.)

There is a smash bros topic in the... smash bros section.

Well yeah lol. I said PLUSHIE, not FIGURE. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so hype, but seriously what? How is this even going to work?

We don't know, some think something akin to devil survivor, others think more traditional RPG.

I think it'll be its own beast in how it works intergrating themes of both games

What confused me the most was that they showed a bunch of different characters from various FE games. Are they going to include characters from all games in the series? Or just Awakening seeing as that's what they focused on? If they include a bunch of games' characters, how will they go about doing that?

What confused me the most was that they showed a bunch of different characters from various FE games. Are they going to include characters from all games in the series? Or just Awakening seeing as that's what they focused on? If they include a bunch of games' characters, how will they go about doing that?

My best guess is the otherworld gate. For the Smt protagonists all to meet though will take something divine considering they are all seperated by hundreds if not thousands of years

Every time someone updates this forum I get disappointed because I keep on expecting an actual news release on the game (or an announcement that the game has been cancelled, clearly) and all that happens is someone asks "SO WHAT IS THIS GAME THAT NOONE KNOWS ABOUT ALL ABOUT?".

The answer is surprisingly that noone knows about it.

Refa, I feel your pain. I heard, though, that Atlus is notorious for keeping people waiting. >.> But still, why can't IS at least say something?

Also, I doubt SMT x FE will only have Awakening characters when the teaser showed main protagonists from just about every game in the series. That would just be plain dumb.

Still odd they didn't show Alm, Cecilia, Sigurd, Seliph or Leif

Well, Alm and Celicas offical art looks like this and this

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in due to no modern looking art assets to put there.

Compared to recent games I could see Sigurd and Lief's art being seen as outdated in comparison, so they avoided putting them in the trailer.

Edited by L95

The trailer included the protagonists from every main installment of SMT, so I'd say it's really likely for Alm/Celica etc. to appear. I agree that the reason was probably their lack of proper artwork to implement into such a modern trailer.

Part of me hopes that the final game will be something akin to Majin Tensei 1/2, since they were SMT spinoffs that functioned much like FE. Then again, the Majin Tensei games are old and not necessarily the most popular SMT titles, so we'll have to wait and see.

Is anybody worried that there will be some weird creature like Mara in it? I mean there has been some weird stuff in Fire Emblem but Mara is a whole different level...

Mara is an often recurring demon in the series, so it's certainly possible.

Almost every SMT demon, like Mara, is based on some mythology, so it's not like they just invented a demon for the sake of being weird or gross.

Edited by Topazd255

Is anybody worried that there will be some weird creature like Mara in it? I mean there has been some weird stuff in Fire Emblem but Mara is a whole different level...

Au contraire, people are hoping and begging for Mara to make it into SMT x FE; you should be too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why must it be on a wii u? Why not make another good fire emblem on the 3DS? Such a waste. And worst thing, nintendo probably even makes everyone du such things, to force people to buy that bad console.

Why must it be on a wii u? Why not make another good fire emblem on the 3DS? Such a waste. And worst thing, nintendo probably even makes everyone du such things, to force people to buy that bad console.

Well, yeah. Sort of. They're not going to just ignore the Wii U. They're going to try to make good games for it to get people to want to buy their system. Part of the reason the Wii U sold poorly was because of its launch lineup.

Exactly as Rollertoaster said.

And I wouldn't say the Wii U is necessarily bad, just that it sold poorly.

And this is a way to pick up its sales and make it better.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a bad console. Only bad lineups. As soon as things like Zelda Wii U and SSB4 are out, I'd imagine sales will improve and the lineup will be better. Thus, more people will have the system and will be able to play the game.

Bold: I don't get what you're trying to say.

• 1 month later...

The thing is, IS wanted to make another Fire Emblem game, and they wanted it to be on the Wii U. They didn't think a standalone Fire Emblem game would make a profit on the Wii U, so they partnered with Atlus to make this instead.