Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see nothing wrong with this, and FF or Tales of would have been a far bigger mess.

The game wouldn't even got made if Atlus didn't decide to make it since it was the FE team going around seeing which company would make such a game with them.

There are a number of optimistic SMT games as well, mostly in spinoffs. Or if you want to look to a spinoff with SMT in its actual title, Devil Children. Granted genocide and child murder are still possible in those games.

Not a good match, should have did tales of series or even Final fantasy. This isn't a good mix in my opinion

I see nothing wrong with this, and FF or Tales of would have been a far bigger mess.

I love Final Fantasy. But I can't imagine Lighting on Odin in Shin Megami Tensei.

If Atlus took another approach with it, Tales of or Final Fantasy might have worked. Though the way Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem turned out, it wouldn't be a good mix either if FE was replaced with Tales of FF.

Edited by Maxwell

The game wouldn't even got made if Atlus didn't decide to make it since it was the FE team going around seeing which company would make such a game with them.

So IS approached different companies for this kind of game, but Altus is the one that's hands on with the development? That's a bit strange.

• 4 weeks later...

While I am quite surprised at what we are getting(the little that we know and GameXplain giving interesting things to think about), my hype is high, hopes are high, and I pray for a great game (story, gameplay, characters, and all)! :Joshua:

Not a good match, should have did tales of series or even Final fantasy. This isn't a good mix in my opinion

Now I want to see Lloyd fight Marth. I think Tales would work out pretty well. As for FF, I think it would work better with SMT than with FE.

Not sure if this has been said already, but when the archer boosts off of the cavalier's head, could that be this game's version of a dual attack?

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

• 1 month later...
  • Characters from FE: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light will make appearances.
  • Cain and Abel will make an appearance in the game.

Literally the only reasons I am excited for this game.

Edited by Jagen

Darn. Well, at least there'll be other characters... right?

All it says right now, is that the characters will be from Shadow dragon and Awakening. However, other characters MAY appear as enemies and friends(which most likely means as skills/summonings)

Edited by Jagen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm worried this game is going to flop. I think the main audience are going to be the fans of FE games, and then the fans of JRPG's and SMT games (ie Persona). But being on the Wii U console, I'm not sure how much this game will reach those fans. FE managed to surge in popularity by being on the 3DS, a console with a diverse library and lot of 3rd party support, tapping into a much broader audience than what Nintendo usually does. And while Xenoblade exists, the base for SMT/Persona/JRPG's are usually in the realm of PlayStation consoles.

I'm worried this game is going to flop. I think the main audience are going to be the fans of FE games, and then the fans of JRPG's and SMT games (ie Persona). But being on the Wii U console, I'm not sure how much this game will reach those fans. FE managed to surge in popularity by being on the 3DS, a console with a diverse library and lot of 3rd party support, tapping into a much broader audience than what Nintendo usually does. And while Xenoblade exists, the base for SMT/Persona/JRPG's are usually in the realm of PlayStation consoles.

We can only wait and see at this point.

Not trying to nitpick here, but Persona hasn't been under the SMT brand for some time, and is (rightfully so, due to gameplay and thematic differences) treated as something else entirely. The SMT fanbase =/= Persona fanbase.

And honestly, after the re-bradning most of interest from die-hard FE fans died. Hard. *shows himself the door*

This really seems like it's trying its hardest to do well, what with "Akaneia only" and looking very similiar to Persona in nearly every way. I don't think it will fail, but it's not going to be that successful. I'm starting to wonder why Nintendo is localizing it.

Edited by The DanMan

Not trying to nitpick here, but Persona hasn't been under the SMT brand for some time, and is (rightfully so, due to gameplay and thematic differences) treated as something else entirely. The SMT fanbase =/= Persona fanbase.

And honestly, after the re-bradning most of interest from die-hard FE fans died. Hard. *shows himself the door*

This really seems like it's trying its hardest to do well, what with "Akaneia only" and looking very similiar to Persona in nearly every way. I don't think it will fail, but it's not going to be that successful. I'm starting to wonder why Nintendo is localizing it.

Because A. The Wii U lacks alot of RPG's, and B, Nintendo has gotten a ton of crap for almost not localizing Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, I don't think they want that RPG minority to make a fuss again like the Mother 3 and Project Rainfall stuff did. It's bad PR, also I think Atlus has a good scope, so they may see at least a decent market

Contrary to the title of this forum, this game is hardly under the SMT brand either, with the actual title it has now. If we're going to be pedantic about that.

Edited by Radiant head

Contrary to the title of this forum, this game is hardly under the SMT brand either, with the actual title it has now. If we're going to be pedantic about that.

Exactly. It presumably has kept that name for ease of use.

I guarantee you the MC of this game will be just as bland as Robin or the Persona MC's.

At least the Persona MC feels like a blank user interface between the player and the game's universe, whereas Robin is basically a mary sue who happens to be customizable in his design and class options.

Edited by Radiant head