Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

...Of all the first possible Wii U titles to feature FE, it had to be this? I've never even heard of that other game series (though I have heard of Persona games).

I was hoping FE's first crossover would be with Zelda. They'd blend perfectly, what with all the medieval stuff in both. And Zelda is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, so it would introduce many gamers to FE.

I'd have to see some footage of this game first to decide whether I want it or not. Though, seeing as it involves FE, I probably will anyway. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be a lot more excited for this if it was more of a SMT: Persona crossover than just the regular SMT games.

Persona is directly linked to the whole school setting and such though, SMT might be modern too, but there's a much bigger emphasis on the mythological side. Anyway, I just hope that it's an HD Fire Emblem game with SMT elements, rather than a standard RPG with playable FE lords.

Edited by NeonZ

It is so great to be a Wii U owner right now. Smash Bros. U, Mario Kart U, Zelda U, Wind Waker HD, XenoBlade(?)2, Bayonetta 2, and now Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem! Omg, my wallet will be busy in the next year for sure. The seriousness of the SMT games will definitely make me wonder how they will incorporate FE into it.

Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, and Nocturne are some of the best in the series. None of that Persona mess, though I do like the first two (Persona, Eternal Punishment, Innocent Sin) and Persona 3 did successfully bring it out of the niche status over here in the west.

Edited by Taichi01

lol, this sure was unexpected.

Well, I don't know much of SMT, and either way my chances of getting a Wii U are not high even in the near future. Oh well, perhaps with the passage of time I can see how this game is and when if I finally get a Wii U, get this game or not.

HOLY SHIIIIIIT.

Okay, my knowledge of MegaTen is pretty shaky, but I've already got ideas of possibilities!

-Alternate costumes. SMT characters in FE-inspired outfits and vice-versa? Come on, I wanna see Marth in P3's school uniform and Chrom wearing a variation of P4's Izanagi's design.

-Considering the music, I want epic FE music remixes in the SMT style.

-I want to see the FE crew's reaction to Mara. I want some humor!

>-Continuing on the third thought, the crew's reaction to modern-day stuff. Confusion over toilets would be hilarious.

-In b4 a Jack Frost cosplays an FE character.

-I'll like to see some references to other stuff, like Catherine, the Persona series, DemiKids- heck, it would be cool to have a Velvet Room!

Edited by SPSEliwoodGabriel

Wait, what? Did this Nintendo Direct say TWW was being remade? Oh god no...

That's correct. In addition to SMTxFE announcement, they announced

-Yoshi's Epic Yarn

-Wind Waker HD

-A new Zelda game is in the works

-Mario Kart 8 and a new 3D Mario game, both of which should be playable at E3

-

might be forgetting something else but the point is, this morning's Nintendo Direct came out of nowhere with a buttload of things to get excited over.

That's correct. In addition to SMTxFE announcement, they announced

-Yoshi's Epic Yarn

-Wind Waker HD

-A new Zelda game is in the works

-Mario Kart 8 and a new 3D Mario game, both of which should be playable at E3

-

might be forgetting something else but the point is, this morning's Nintendo Direct came out of nowhere with a buttload of things to get excited over.

So a Yoshi ripoff of that one Kirby game, a remake of a shitty Zelda game, and a new Mario Kart and 3D Mario. Yeah, I only care for the last two here as well as the FE crossover.

1358962172[/url]' post='2258270']

So a Yoshi ripoff of that one Kirby game, a remake of a shitty Zelda game, and a new Mario Kart and 3D Mario. Yeah, I only care for the last two here as well as the FE crossover.

Wind Waker wasn't that bad of a game.

Edited by Gold Vanguard

I've only played P3P and barely finished it so I'm kinda interested how they are going to integrate the gameplays of both series into one game.

Also, more money thrown away for Fire Emblem games lol Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Wii U now.

To me, Wind Waker was the worst game ever. But that's not the topic of this thread, so enough about that. I'm going to keep my eye on this FE crossover and the new Zelda in the works.

Whaaaat??? That's blasphemyohmy.gif Wind Waker was awesome!(minus the sailing parts)

I agree about Yoshi's Epic Yarn but it has been a looooong time since Yoshi had his own game.

Edited by Taichi01

Whaaaat??? That's blasphemyohmy.gif Wind Waker was awesome!(minus the sailing parts)

I agree about Yoshi's Epic Yarn but it has been a looooong time since Yoshi had his own game.

Once again, I did not think TWW was good at all. Is that a crime? As for Yoshi, that's true, but I would rather have something more original, like Yoshi's Island 2 or something.

Anyway, back on topic. Whenever this crossover comes out, I'm glad I'll have Awakening to play with in the meantime.

Once again, I did not think TWW was good at all. Is that a crime? As for Yoshi, that's true, but I would rather have something more original, like Yoshi's Island 2 or something.

Anyway, back on topic. Whenever this crossover comes out, I'm glad I'll have Awakening to play with in the meantime.

Nah it's not a crime...everyone has different tastes tongue.gif

I'm curious as to what other characters they will pull from the SMT universe. Dang, I need to go back and play the older MegaTen games. *blows dust from SFC SMT cart*

I will say I was in shock when I first heard this. But I'll be willing to bet whatever Nintendo and Atlus will do will work, I mean Nintendo and Koei made a pretty damn good crossover [Pokemon Conquest] and those 2 series played nothing alike, all we can do is wait and see

Edited by Jedi Of Connacht

Once again, I did not think TWW was good at all. Is that a crime?
Try saying this about Ocarina of Time and just watch how many nostalgia biased addicts jump you. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

This looks interesting, but it has me concerned a bit as they don't seem to mesh well? The time where both take place is a big reason for my worry, unless the SMT crew is bought to a place/world that's more familiar to what the Fire Emblem characters are used to as they might have their personalities then the semi-blank, non-speaking characters we see in SSBB.