Top character picks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, IMO, it'll probably just be the ones in the trailer. The heroes/heroines of SMT series and the lords of Fire Emblem (+ Sothes/Lilina/Caeda). Other than those, there aren't many fitting Fire Emblem characters anyway unless they choose randomly.

I'm also surprised people are recommending Persona characters. It is indeed a spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei series, however the stories are completely irrelevant just like Devil Survivor and Digital Devil Saga and am almost certain they won't be appearing. There was also no indication to them on the trailer.

Edited by Pervio

Realistically, I want Strange Journey's protagonist to get in. His game is technically part of the main line SMT. After that the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner who took over Kyouji Kuzunoha's body would be another likely candidate. If somehow they get Kei Azuma from SMT:NINE to be in the game that would be interesting since all the protagonists in the game whose titles had "Shin Megami Tensei" in Japan would be represented.

I feel that Kei Azuma won't be represented though.

Still, kind of want Serph and Heat to get in, but yeah...

I'm a sucker for having every protagonist being featured. I mean on the FE side, I hope Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, and Leif gets in.

Edited by alarnis92

Really, IMO, it'll probably just be the ones in the trailer. The heroes/heroines of SMT series and the lords of Fire Emblem (+ Sothes/Lilina/Caeda). Other than those, there aren't many fitting Fire Emblem characters anyway unless they choose randomly.

I'm also surprised people are recommending Persona characters. It is indeed a spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei series, however the stories are completely irrelevant just like Devil Survivor and Digital Devil Saga and am almost certain they won't be appearing. There was also no indication to them on the trailer.

Stop cancelling my Christmas man I can dream

The realization that Persona's not involved reduces my interest to basically nothing.

Get over it. You can use the protagonists from ..if which spawned the Persona series. We just saw an announcement trailer which is like: 'Here's the premise of our game. Bye!'

Unless we get new info where we find out that Atlus isn't using the characters from the spinoffs then yeah.

Yeah, but I've never had any interest in SMT, while I haven't tried (but was kind of interested in) Persona. I'll keep an eye on it, but I probably won't pick it up.

Same with me, I never tried or was interested SMT. I'll wait and see how the game looks, but I'm probably not to going to pick it up either.

If I had to pick characters I wanted to see in this game, then I pick:

Chrom, Lucina, Lyn and Greil.

Edited by Ace Tactician

Honestly, the signs that Persona and Devil Survivor not being included makes me relieved. Don't get me wrong I love those games, but they have enough limelight as it is. I mean anime, anime movie, updated ports. Well at least P3, P4, and both DeSu games. P1 and P2 I'm not adverse to seeing at all because of their connection to SMT:if.... For me, I love that the Main titles are getting attention with SMTIV and with this game. It's been a good while we ever saw Kazuya (SMTI) and Aleph(SMTII) in anything since their games are in the SNES era. For SMT:if..., Tamaki got exposure in P1 and P2 so there's that but the male protagonist was only in SMT:if..., which is also SNES era so... Seeing all the old faces is extremely exciting.

Aw, SMT is great, guys. Give it another chance.

On topic: Demi-fiend is already confirmed, so... Belial, Nebiros, and Alice, please~

The Main SMT series can be hard to get into for some people. It's not as easy to get into as say P3, P4, and both DeSu games especially when it comes to difficulty. The setting of the Main series and the other spinoffs like P1, P2, Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner might not appeal to everyone, but my gosh if the atmosphere and themes in those games kick P3, P4, and DeSu games in the rear.

Alice should reenact her scene with Kazuya from SMTI. Get him to get her something then thank him by asking him to "Die for me." laugh.gif

Edited by alarnis92

L'Arachel. There needs to be a healer of some sort, and her character quirk would be fantastic for a project like this.And on the SMT side of things, the Strange Journey Protagonist. The Demonica is really awesome looking and would actually kinda sorta fit with the Armor worn by FE characters compared to the SMT characters shown off.

SMT Picks: The thing that looks like a dick

Fire Emblem: Some of the older characters, mostly from Jugdral. The trailer made it seem like only those given exposure overseas would be in the game, but Jugdral still needs love. I would love to see Doga, but the chances of that are so slim I'm not even going to worry about it.

I wouldn't want Lyn in this game, simply because she's a character of negligible importance, but we'll see.

I don't think importance is what's gonna stop characters from getting in. I think how interesting they are is what will especially if atlus is doing the story.

This topic tends to derail rather easily... My take on giving the Main SMT-line a chance... be careful, it's tends to weed out the weak with it's difficulty

That aside, the person who said Demi-Fiend(I call him Hitoshura) and Black Knight... should be well received, I would also like Ike and Demi-Fiend(paired up or versus, doesn't matter)

Now for what i'd like to see:

Jack Frost with a Marth hair-do

"Masked Marth" wearing a Demonica Helmet instead

Judgral Chars period

I think someone said Louis Cypher already

And of course since it's SMT... you can't forget Steven... you really can't

...Why can I picture Micaiah sucking up to the Angels, either Michael or Metatron

EDIT: And Beelzebub

Edited by Soledai

...Why can I picture Micaiah sucking up to the Angels, either Michael or Metatron

I doubt the angels would come anywhere near the girl who kept the Tellius analog of Lucifer inside her.

Nor would they like Ike very much, seeing as how he fought against what was basically YHVH.

I think that would be an interesting dynamic to explore, YHVH's reaction to the Tellius crew.

I doubt the angels would come anywhere near the girl who kept the Tellius analog of Lucifer inside her.

Nor would they like Ike very much, seeing as how he fought against what was basically YHVH.

I think that would be an interesting dynamic to explore, YHVH's reaction to the Tellius crew.

Haha, did I forget about Yune?

Also, I don't believe they will avoid Micaiah... since as you said, she kept the "Lucifer" of Tellius with her... They would most likely observe her...

...Actually, considering how aggressive the angels are, the instant they find out, she'll most likely be in danger and if anything even remotely similar to RD happens... It'll be one nasty war between Tellius and the angels

Hmm,the trailer showed us main characters from the fire emblems 6-13 noticably at least 2 characters per game(Roy and Lilina for FE6,Eliwood,Lyn and Hector for FE7(maybe hinting that other games can get up to 3 characters too?),Eirika and Ephraim for FE8,Ike and Elincia for FE9,Sothe and Micaiah for FE10,Marth and Shiida for FE11/12 and Chrome and Masked Marth for FE13)

On the villains side we may get new villains,but it is also likely in my opinion for some older villains to reappear as well(after all we don't know the circumstances of the two series coming together).

I would really like to see ashnard back as well as some other villains from 2d-games animated in 3d(like medeus)

Oh yeah, Julius would be neat as Chaos' sleeper agent in Law.

spoilers he gets Sigurd killed because Sigurd's following Law despite misgivings