Jubby's Uncool ASM

Jubby

Feel free to visit ASM ideas upon me (cause I can't think of any at the moment, and I can't honestly do THAT much with it yet), but by no means am I taking requests :P (I'm way busy as is)

just give credit :D

Regeneration hack: a lame little hack I did for fun (with help from Blazer), it allows you to restore a certain amount of HP to a certain character every turn. (or only on certain turns; it's done through turn events so you be the judge)

Instructions:

1) Download the .dmp file here:

https://www.dropbox....0at%20regen.dmp

2) Modify it as you please; open it in HxD and you should see this:

tutorialpic-1.png

a. the 30 is how many units it checks; 0x30 should be good for players, if you want enemies and crap as well, maybe go for 0x80 or something.

b. the 16 is the Character ID, so just replace it with whoever you want (Or just use Canas up to you)

c. the 0A is how much to restore each turn; I have it set to 10 but again, put it to whatever you want. (hell, make your boss get 60 every turn :D)

3) Paste it somewhere in your ROM, and then make a TURN event like so:

TurnEventPlayer(0x00,duckies,1,asmanyturnsasyouwant)

duckies:

ASMC Offset_you_pasted_at+1

ENDA

you can also just do it with normal turn events, it doesn't have to continue on forever, or maybe you only want it every other turn or something :P Up to you~

you ought to know how the offsets work and all by now :3

Things to note about this hack:

• it's not necessarily the most efficient but i'm a nub at asm so i don't really care that much :P
  • you can use it as many times as you want (i.e. modify and copy paste it again and just ASMC Offset+1 it again)
  • it doesn't have an animation for restoring the HP because Idk how to do that and it would piss me off anyway so I'm not going to look into it.

Forced promotions:

Uhhh... obvious? like Eli&Hector, for anyone.

I basically took Cam's research thingy and messed with it the tiniest bit, so you probably should credit him as well (Although it's pretty glitchy idk if he'd want credit for this)

Instructions:

Paste this:

00 B5 BF F7 E9 FE 16 20 51 F7 42 FF 00 21 66 F7 E9 FE 01 BC 00 47

At 0xC5EA4 (First repoint your weapon icons like a REAL MAN);

Change the 0x16 I have so wonderfully highlighted for you to whatever character you want it to apply for;

put

ASMC 0xC5EA5

somewhere in your events.

Also, this makes your character disappear off the map for... Unknown reasons, I cbf to try to fix it because tbh i don't really know how it works in the first place >:D

So basically use it during your ending event.

It's kinda weird and glitchy but it does work.

Code thingies:

regen:

regenerationinnp.png

promotions (honestly i did like 5 minutes of fiddling if that this is mostly cam's stuff:

mostlyfromcam.png

Edited by Jubby

forced promo would probably be better to make a standalone hexdump that calls the promo routine so you can use it multiple times

mov     r0, CHAR_TO_PROMOTE
ldr     r1, =PROMO_ROUTINE_PTR
bx      r1

also you should probably just look at my doc and take some of my workload off of me :D

Edited by CT075

uhh dude I gave it ages ago to you for you to check if it works -_- you really didn't see it? nubjubz

if you can get it to work (obviously I did) then I can post it publicly, that's the only thing holding me back, it hasn't been tested by anyone but me

EDIT: in case it wasn't clear you should prob check your skype logs ._.

Edited by Burning Gravity

it's not like arcus or seymour were promoting anytime soon anyway

oh man FE6

also my fix requires event manipulation as well and isn't perfect, it's also slightly weird graphically buuuut in the long-run, it's better than nothing IMO (or rather, it's better than the NORMAL side-effect... ._.).