Ericka Route

It's the "easier" of the two routes, although that's disputable. Eirika's route doesn't have the horrible Phantom Ship chapter, and 14A doesn't have insane and ungodly amounts of status staves.

You do get Innes, Tethys, and Gerik much earlier, making them more useful. Eirika!Saleh is one of the best staffbots you get as well.

Let's see. At the cost of slightly inferior maps, you get:

• Slightly better pacing
  • No phantom ship
  • Better characterization for Cormag and Joshua (as well as making Valter and Caellach more satisfying)
  • Somewhat easier recruits for Amelia and especially L'Arachel, and Dozla, who are not on the phantom ship.
  • Earlier access to Gerik, Tethys, Saleh and Innes... and Marisa, I guess... as opposed to only Duessel and Cormag (and I guess you get Knoll a turn earlier.)
  • Generally easier maps
  • NO PHANTOM SHIP
  • An arguably better starting position in 15, since Ephraim and Dussel can take care of themselves while Ephraim!Eirika... probably can't
  • A backstory in which Ephraim and Duessel become so badass they stop an entire country by themselves
  • NO PHANTOM SHIP.

Yes, Eirika mode is better. In my opinion, at least.