GBAGE offset help

greensaber51

I'm using GBAGE, and I have been looking for an hour or two now. But I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. You know how when you place your cursor on one of your units how they're sprite changes, while your cursor is still on them??? Well, I can't find those graphics with GBAGE... What's the graphical Offset for it???? Thanks :)

I'm fairly certain that you just have to keep looking and hope that you find the ones you're looking for (since I don't think they're listed anywhere).

After Step 1, we have Eirika Lord standing there. But when you move her or hover over her with the cursor we still get Lyn Lord.

Pretty sure the second part of Archibald's tutorial teaches how to change standing map sprites.

I would quote all of Arch's post but I'm not even sure this is what he is looking for.

Edited by Canas

IIRC, one of the modules in nightmare should have the offsets for map sprites. Have you already tried inserting anything, or are you just looking for them?

EDIT: yep. If you open your ROM in nightmare, and open map related editors, you should see the modules for standing and moving sprites. The offsets are in there. Then just plug in the offset into GBAGE and it should take you right to it.

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

If you're straight-up copy/pasting, you need to take away that first 8. If you look at ephraims standing sprite offset, how it says 81B7828, eliminate the first 8 you see. Also, it would help to get a little more info about which game your pulling from and inserting into.

EDIT: whoops. what cam said, eliminate the 0x8. cam, refresh me on the palette offset, it's CBEA4, right?

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooohhhh.... The first 8.... Well that makes a difference. :) Working now. Also, sorries, but I had typed a little thing explaining the whole scenario. Then my computer froze on me and restarted before I could hit reply. :l Then I wrote it up again, accidently exiting before I could hit the reply button again... Gee (Hard to believe story, ain't it :l ) THAT'S what ticked me off,. :l Working now anyways :) Thanks :)

Problem Solved :)

Edited by greensaber51