Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

Honestly, I planned on making this topic a few more days from now, but since the game is already out in places, I've put together this topic in order to help keep track of all of the items that have been found, and what need to be found. And to give Vincent more work for the site.

Any way, here's the lists of relevant info I thought was needed. If anyone manages to find anything, just post it here, and I'll add it to the list.

If anyone does want to add something to the list, I would ask a couple of things of you.

1. Check over the lists below and see if it's not already listed either there, or on the site, whenever Vincent gets around to it.

2. When posting a new name, please give something that will help me identify it, such as:

a. Name- their fan name on this site

b. Weapon- either its fan name, or it's Mt and # of uses

c. Item- fan name, or description of what it does, plus the number of uses

d. Bosses- either the fan name (on the Boss Data page on the FE13 page), or the chapter they are the boss in

e. Skills- either the fan name, or a description of it's effects

3. When posting the localized name, please write it EXACTLY how it is shown in the game. It'll make things easier on this end.

Characters (All found)

Legacy Characters (All found)

Bosses (All found)

Items (All found)

Skills (All found)

Names found and Vincent needs to be move to the site

Locales (for World Map page)

Other

Blessed Maiden (Celica's title)

Mt. Violdrake (Purple Dragon Mountain)

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1359514783148.jpg

The bandit bosses in the sidequests are now called Vincent and Victor.

Oh, and Lightning Speed is Galeforce, Dark Blessing is Shadowgift and Magnificent Flame is Ignis.

Edited by eCut
Image was massive so I spoilered it.

1359514783148.jpg

The bandit bosses in the sidequests are now called Vincent and Victor.

Vincent, why are you a bandit now D:

This is quite interesting.

Edited by eCut

Could I get the original names for Victor and Vincent? Just would like to know specifically what chapter(s) their tied to.

George is the purple one.

Handsome is the one in pinkish/orange (?) color.

So Vincent used to be Handsome.

And Victor used to be George.

Sidequest 2, Sidequest 4, the Matsuri DLC (Harvest of Bonds), and the Silver and Gold DLC.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Could I get the original names for Victor and Vincent? Just would like to know specifically what chapter(s) their tied to.

Handsome and George. I think Handsome is the boss in Paralogue 2 and George is in Paralogue 4.

Handsome and George I believe.

It's the second sidequest, the one where you first see Anna.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Diortem

Not quite a name, but. It's confirmed Gregor speaks with a Russian accent, and he's not stupid, he just doesn't know the language very well

...Well quite a few people called that, now, didn't they. That actually makes him a bit better, to be honest.

...Well quite a few people called that, now, didn't they. That actually makes him a bit better, to be honest.

Agreed

Also, they brought up Nowi's maturity level, she sounds more like a teenager now.

Also, she has this beauty of a line XD

"So you know how old I am, huh? Weird. Most people can't stop talking about how young I look."

Agreed

Also, they brought up Nowi's maturity level, she sounds more like a teenager now.

Also, she has this beauty of a line XD

"So you know how old I am, huh? Weird. Most people can't stop talking about how young I look."

...Is that last line for real? Seriously? XD

Nintendo can read our minds.

Well, it's from a transcribed support on Gamefaqs.

Grego's response is pretty funny too XD

"Is just, how you say, flatulence? No, wait. ...Flippery? ...Flatness? ...Gregor does not remember. Is that word when people say lies to make other person feel better."

Well, it's from a transcribed support on Gamefaqs.

Grego's response is pretty funny too XD

"Is just, how you say, flatulence? No, wait. ...Flippery? ...Flatness? ...Gregor does not remember. Is that word when people say lies to make other person feel better."

Link please?

Link please?

It's in their C support

Nowi: Heya, gramps!

Gregor: "Gramps"? What is this "gramps"? If Gregor is "gramps," then little girl is great-great-great-great-granny.

Nowi: So you know how old I am, huh? Weird. Most people can't stop talking about how young I look.

Gregor: Is just, how you say, flatulence? No, wait. ...Flippery? ...Flatness? ...Gregor does not remember. Is that word when people say lies to make other

person feel better.

Nowi: No idea what you're talking about. Anyway, I have something to ask you.

Gregor: If you want borrow money, answer is no. Gregor is poor like beggar.

Nowi: Yes, I know that. That's why I want to give you something.

Gregor: You give Gregor shiny gold coin?

Nowi: No, Chrom doesn't let me have money. I always end up losing it.

Gregor: Agreed. Gregor too is sooner trusting senile squirrel with life savings!

Nowi: Hey, for your information, I happen to be quite smart! I just don't care about money, is all. Us manaketes don't use it much.

Gregor: Ah, is very good. Money is root of evil. So then, what you give Gregor?

Nowi: I knitted you a big, wooly sweater! See? It's got shoulder pads built in!

Gregor: ...Now this looks like "gramps" clothing. Also, Gregor is no good in sweater. Is too hot, yes?

Nowi: Yeah, but this one is really light. It really breathes! I lined it with manakete scales.

Gregor: Scale of manakete? Gregor is stunned. How are you finding such priceless artifacts?

Nowi: See? I thought you'd be impressed. I just had some lying around, so don't worry about it.

Gregor: Then Gregor accepts wonderful gift, with much gratitude!

Nowi: Hee hee! Glad you like it.

I'm quite peeved they changed Nowi's dialogue. It removes part of her character.

It's in their C support

Nowi: Heya, gramps!

Gregor: "Gramps"? What is this "gramps"? If Gregor is "gramps," then little girl is great-great-great-great-granny.

Nowi: So you know how old I am, huh? Weird. Most people can't stop talking about how young I look.

Gregor: Is just, how you say, flatulence? No, wait. ...Flippery? ...Flatness? ...Gregor does not remember. Is that word when people say lies to make other

person feel better.

Nowi: No idea what you're talking about. Anyway, I have something to ask you.

Gregor: If you want borrow money, answer is no. Gregor is poor like beggar.

Nowi: Yes, I know that. That's why I want to give you something.

Gregor: You give Gregor shiny gold coin?

Nowi: No, Chrom doesn't let me have money. I always end up losing it.

Gregor: Agreed. Gregor too is sooner trusting senile squirrel with life savings!

Nowi: Hey, for your information, I happen to be quite smart! I just don't care about money, is all. Us manaketes don't use it much.

Gregor: Ah, is very good. Money is root of evil. So then, what you give Gregor?

Nowi: I knitted you a big, wooly sweater! See? It's got shoulder pads built in!

Gregor: ...Now this looks like "gramps" clothing. Also, Gregor is no good in sweater. Is too hot, yes?

Nowi: Yeah, but this one is really light. It really breathes! I lined it with manakete scales.

Gregor: Scale of manakete? Gregor is stunned. How are you finding such priceless artifacts?

Nowi: See? I thought you'd be impressed. I just had some lying around, so don't worry about it.

Gregor: Then Gregor accepts wonderful gift, with much gratitude!

Nowi: Hee hee! Glad you like it.

I'm quite peeved they changed Nowi's dialogue. It removes part of her character.

To be honest, I prefer her dialogue this way. Not only does it make her that much more entertaining than a Token Loli, but at least the flame wars over her will stop. Somewhat.

Literally the only loss from changing Nowi's dialogue like this is that her Lon'qu support was pretty interesting insofar her lack of understanding of human norms. Quite frankly, anything that makes Nowi less of a disturbing character is a good thing for the game (particularly in light of how they don't seem to have edited her portrait or artwork).