Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

GENTLEMEN

WE MAY HAVE LOST THE NO-NO JOKES, BUT AT LEAST WE NOW HAVE NAH-NAH JOKES.

That is, if you're used to 'nah' as a negative that is. Uhm. Right. Americans come to this forum frequently. Not sure if that's in your cultural lingo or not.

Look, I swear it's funny.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of hate the English names. A lot. What was wrong with Azure? WHY IS JEROME SPELLED WITH A G?

I don't like them as much as you do, I mean Azure is one of the coolest names ever. (Although I believe that Azure is more commonly used for girls, so it sort of makes sense) Oh well, Gerome sounds the same as Jerome, and Nah will forever make me laugh.Though I still hate Inigo as a name.

Edited by Quick

Isn't Azure a girl's name? For the Japanese, it's probably just a foreign name. To us, it's a girl's name of spanish origin. And Gerome is a french and American name just like his mother is now.

You know I'm curious, is Minerva still Minerva? And what is Minerva's Nickname that Cherche and Gerome gave her.

In rebellion, I think I'll name any weapon forged for "Inigo" by the name of "Azure's (insert weapon name here)".

Really, even if you could make the case for his name to be changed, there is NO reason for it to be changed to that *particular* name.

pray tell, what's wrong with "Inigo"

that is, objectively speaking and completely ignoring the Princess Bride aspect

Really, that seems to be people's only gripe with it, is the inevitable Princess Bride jokes. That, and it's quite different from his old name. Otherwise, not much else.

Also, I don't really have a problem with these names. Some of them are... out there. But I REALLY think that it isn't that bad. Seriously, these names are fine.

Edited by Diortem

And I bet there are going to be a lot less people marrying Chrom to Olivia, as "Azure" no longer needs hair to his name.

I just don't like the name. I've never heard of Princess Bride.

Screw that, any unit who likes playing this game for the power will either do ChromxOlivia or ChromxFemale MU. The name change doesn't change the fact that Inigo is super good. Yes, like I haven't stressed that enough.

Anyways, overtime even I will get used to it, so overall it doesn't matter. Let's be good, at least every unit in this game wasn't named Billy or Bob.

Edited by Quick

Some of the names are a little weird but I don't outright dislike any. I agree, I just want to get my hands on a copy and go hibernate until I finish it.

BTW, has anyone found Chambray yet? I think he's the only one left besides Paris...

I don't mind Inigo's name; it's pretty awesome in my opinion. And besides, I didn't even think of Princess Bride stuff at first, I just thought it was supposed to be kinda like Indigo, but without the d. All of the other children names are awesome also, along with Henry still being Henry. I would've been really upset if his name became like Howard or something.

Edited by Konnor97

I don't mind Inigo's name; it's pretty awesome in my opinion. And besides, I didn't even think of Princess Bride stuff at first, I just thought it was supposed to be kinda like Indigo, but without the d.

Exactly, that's one of the biggest things to come to mind: Indigo without a D. It matches his Japanese name drawing from a color, too.

All of the other children names are awesome also, along with Henry still being Henry. I would've been really upset if his name became like Howard or something.

I think I read the comment too fast because for a second there I thought you said Howl instead of Howard. I most certainly would have been pleased with that change while we're on the book/movie names topic...

So lemme get this right, just to sum up everything so far.

Henry's name is retained.

Libera -> Libra

Wood -> Owain

Azure -> Inigo

Brady's name is retained.

Degel -> Kjelle

Cynthia's name is retained.

Selena -> Severa

Jerome -> Gerome

Loran -> Laurent (so his Japanese name is retained. That's a first)

Noire's name is retained.

Nn -> Nah

George -> Vincent

Handsome -> Victor

That about right? I guess all we're missing is Chambray's name. We're not gonna find out if Paris' name is retained until his Spotpass mission comes out >_>

Henry-Yay^^

Libra- that's pretty much the fan spelling minus the 'e', so it's an instant like

Owain-Okay, I can get used to this

Inigo-Now I'll keep thinking of the Princess Bride swordsman of the same name

Brady-Yay for no change^^

Kjelle-Um, okay, I can live with it

Cynthia-Yay for another name staying the same^^

Severa- at least I won't confuse her with the FE8 general

Gerome-I'll get used to it

Laurent-they went with his JP name, interesting

Noire-Yay^^

Nah-I'm liking this one already^^

Vincent and Victor-I'm already liking this localizations.

As for all the skills, I'm sad that Magnificent Flame was changed, but I'll get used to it.