FE9 0% growths LTC

5 turns should be feasible with some luck, but I've been doing things to help me understand if I can 4-turn it (like counting squares and whatnot). Maybe not possible, but I do have 2 smiters not doing a whole lot after turn 1. The combat aspect of the map + the number of enemies makes it more difficult than chapter 21, I'd say.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaand chapter 23 completed in 4 turns. Very tight strategy in which there isn't a spare square of movement/action for a unit to waste, reliability is high but the variables are numerous (to which one must adapt).

Expect the video soon. For now I need to update the OP.

Very impressive!

You're doing some really creative stuff, like Janaff shoving and cantoing with the Knight Ring to fill a chokepoint. I don't think I would have ever considered that!

Thanks! I guess this is what happens when you spend so much time in a single map haha.

I've been wondering about two things (related to AS) that I don't see the Calculations page mention.

1) Does doubling with a weapon provide double wexp? The site mentions nothing about whether it is one swing or one round of combat with a weapon that provides wexp corresponding to the weapon used. I think Haar can realistically get to A axes by chapter 27-28 without an AS, depending on how much enemy phase action he gets in the chapter 25 rout.

2) Does breaking a weapon/staff prevent you from acquiring wexp that you would get otherwise? This was the case in the GBA games. This is kind of a big deal as Rhys is rather far away from the desired A level in staves/light magic, and I don't want to waste a turn breaking the Silence staff if that gives no wexp whatsoever.

Damn, that was insane. The Shove/Knight Ring combo, the Shoving chains, the Demi Band trading chain. The amount of planning really shows. The only thing that looked fairly chancy was Reyson's chance to die on the third enemy phase.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Almost as insane as my spelling,

I think I could've prevented the Short Spear cav from attacking Reyson on turn 3 by cantoing with Janaff after the takedrop one square east, but that Cav was always dead on my other attempts (here Tanith was dangerously close to dying to the cats so I decided to heal instead) so I didn't take that variable into account. Usually, the Hand Axe Fighter would attack Reyson at pointblank range, after which nobody else could reach Reyson again. Though in KO range from the ballistae, Provoke skill on Janaff would cause them to fire at him instead. Pretty cool how this skill works out.

I know that there is no fatal hit wexp bonus in this game, but my two issues aren't addressed on that page either. I can get Rhys to 30/60 B-A staff wexp in chapter 24, and he'll probably be using Hammerne on Meteor the following chapter, so he'll probably get there and take an AS for Ashera.

1) Does doubling with a weapon provide double wexp? The site mentions nothing about whether it is one swing or one round of combat with a weapon that provides wexp corresponding to the weapon used. I think Haar can realistically get to A axes by chapter 27-28 without an AS, depending on how much enemy phase action he gets in the chapter 25 rout.

Yes, weapon exp is granted for each attack, not each round.

2) Does breaking a weapon/staff prevent you from acquiring wexp that you would get otherwise? This was the case in the GBA games. This is kind of a big deal as Rhys is rather far away from the desired A level in staves/light magic, and I don't want to waste a turn breaking the Silence staff if that gives no wexp whatsoever.

No idea. Sorry.

For the record, it does. Case in point, breaking his Wind tome should take Soren to C Wind assuming he gets no Adept activations.

Sadly I have never played PoR so I can't help you with this stuff. All I can say is that this LTC is amazing and to keep it up! I'll probably rent this game sometime and go play it just so I can start helping people out if they need it.

Also, just wondering, why did you ditch Zihark so early? Nothing against it if you are doing well without him, I just don't understand why you promoted him only to ditch him soon after.

Edited by Quick

Sadly I have never played PoR so I can't help you with this stuff. All I can say is that this LTC is amazing and to keep it up! I'll probably rent this game sometime and go play it just so I can start helping people out if they need it.

Also, just wondering, why did you ditch Zihark so early? Nothing against it if you are doing well without him, I just don't understand why you promoted him only to ditch him soon after.

It probably wasn't worthwhile to use him after a certain point. I imagine Stefan fills his purpose better, and a unit like Zihark wastes space when there are better combatants/ferriers/shovers available as the game goes on.

It probably wasn't worthwhile to use him after a certain point. I imagine Stefan fills his purpose better, and a unit like Zihark wastes space when there are better combatants/ferriers/shovers available as the game goes on.

to be specific, I believe it was to promote either Zihark or Nephenee for chapter 12 (the one where you're stranded on a boat, making Titania/Kieran useless)

although Zihark did find a bit of use for a few chapters afterwards

Edited by shadykid

For the record, it does. Case in point, breaking his Wind tome should take Soren to C Wind assuming he gets no Adept activations.

As in, you do get the wexp when the weapon breaks? Because "it does" seems to contradict the second sentence, or it might be a comprehension problem on my end.

Zihark is a crucial unit for 0% growths bosskilling in chapters 12, 14 and 15, with a high crit ratio, access to a laguzslaying weapon and enough speed to not be doubled by Seeker. However, when Stefan joins he wins the following stats: +8 str, +5 mag, +12 skill, +8 speed, +3 defence, +7 res, not to mention better weapon rank (S over C), only losing one point of Luck (which is low in Zihark's case as well).

Mostly, the run utilises fast-paced strategies that leave no deployment space for an additional foot unit with just 7 move. The characters deployed are on the field to contribute to the strategy, and in later chapters even characters like Calill and Devdan aren't seen much (Calill mostly when sieging is needed). Zihark's poor base strength makes him very unappealing without relying on critting and forges, though 17 AS as a Swordmaster is the same as Haar's base speed, and doubles a lot of common enemy types but I don't see him reaching A rank for silvers if I decided to keep him in play for whatever reason. I wouldn't mind if Zihark were my lord instead of Ike though (or even Mia).

As in, you do get the wexp when the weapon breaks? Because "it does" seems to contradict the second sentence, or it might be a comprehension problem on my end.

Yes, attacks that would break a weapon grant WEXP.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 24 in 3 turns.

Started work on chapter 25's rout and I don't like what I see at all. Clearly having 3 fliers with ORKO combat on everything trivialises the rout objective (not just in terms of turns saved but also invested effort and thinking) but I don't boast any of that, so I'll have to do something creative again.

Right now I'm considering stoning Reyson (this seems like a great map for it!) for the second time in this challenge, and also baiting the boss with Tanith's reinforcements. Tauroneo can be dropped north as early as turn 1 and enter Resolve range after a single round against the boss (who might have hit rate issues depending on biorhythm) but he's not really routing that portion of the map on his own - Brave Lance fails to 2HKO both the boss and the Tiger, and if he switches to a Javelin forge he's not ORKOing anybody he fails to double, which includes two SMs and a Halb, among others. This also compromises the utility Tanith could run with her 11 move and good durability/combat in other parts of the map.

I want a 3-turn but I honestly have no clue what I'll manage to accomplish with what I have.

• 4 weeks later...