FE9 0% growths LTC

I'd definitely go for the 5 turn, offering a reliable 7 turn clear.

And a turn is more valuable than the White Gem.

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant there in the first sentence.

A reliable clear in chapter 12 probably implies reliance on Marcia and Jill taking several turns to 3HKO everything on the map (Jill 3HKOs the boss with a max MT Iron Lance forge, promoted Marcia does the same to the generic Ravens). I really like lower turn counts and the tactical gymnastics they sometimes require, so I'll see if I can pull off a less reliable yet quicker clear that's more interesting tactically. Currently thinking what it would be like to drop promoted Zihark on turn 4 rather than turn 5 (Marcia has no trouble getting there in a timely manner but even with a Seraph Robe the Ravens prioritize her over units with lower defences).

Also trying to figure out if either Marcia or Jill with an Arms Scroll could shave off turns with the Killer Lance I got in chapter 11.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant there in the first sentence.

A reliable clear in chapter 12 probably implies reliance on Marcia and Jill taking several turns to 3HKO everything on the map (Jill 3HKOs the boss with a max MT Iron Lance forge, promoted Marcia does the same to the generic Ravens). I really like lower turn counts and the tactical gymnastics they sometimes require, so I'll see if I can pull off a less reliable yet quicker clear that's more interesting tactically. Currently thinking what it would be like to drop promoted Zihark on turn 4 rather than turn 5 (Marcia has no trouble getting there in a timely manner but even with a Seraph Robe the Ravens prioritize her over units with lower defences).

Also trying to figure out if either Marcia or Jill with an Arms Scroll could shave off turns with the Killer Lance I got in chapter 11.

I meant you should go for the 5 turn on your real playthrough, but simply state a 7 turn as a more reliable option.

A killer lance crit could be useful for chapter 14 as well, vs the annoying boss.

5-turning that map definitely isn't possible even if, like, every single attack I carry out crits. I simply don't have a powerful enough Marcia (10 strength, 12 speed is too weak for this map) to take on multiple enemies at once (the only Raven Marcia can and should engage is the lv. 3 one which can't proc 16 speed needed to double her ever). If Marcia was godly or I had multiple fliers to fight off Ravens from polar opposite parts of the map, then maybe I could 5-turn. Or, with the best possible biorhythm ratio, an Iron Lance forge with max crit on Marcia, every enemy 92% attack whiffing and every Marcia hit critting, maybe I'd be able to 4-turn it with my current stats. Marcia still can't OHKO the boss with a crit though; she would be 3 HP or 1 mt short if she tried (with an Iron Lance forge) .

Anyway, I've been working on my strat and managed a fairly reliable 6-turn clear. The bosskill is not the biggest problem at all (though the guy has good avoid), but Jill needs to crit a Raven once with a Killer Lance and she has just two attempts with ~60 displayed hit. It's reliable enough for my tastes and a satisfying enough strat for my tactical needs. Zihark had to waste an Elixir use though.

Gotta update the OP with all the new data, lots of bounty from chapter 12.

The only difficulty I can feel right now is that BEXPing Kieran and promoting Zihark/Marcia with a Seal will probably leave Jill unpromoted for the desert, as I doubt I'll get the necessary BEXP for it until chapter 15. She has quite a bit of combat EXP to get in the next two storyline chapters though, including two bosskills (the Zerker one is risky though), so maybe that will help. I have ~1,5K BEXP at this point, so if I try hard enough it just might be enough. Mist and Rhys aren't seeing a promotion for a while, it seems, let alone Gatrie (lol). I haven't really felt hard-pressed for a more mobile healer just yet though.

There's Rescue staff usage for which I might need a good mobile healer (Bishop!Rhys and Elincia have the same staff range) but this utility seems rather unimpressive knowing their staff ranges. Spirit Dusts might best be spent on Calill/Bastian (Bastian's siege utility is more accurate with instant Volke support for +15 hit, but Calill exists for longer and could make more difference) and I even think Hammerne could repair Boltings if I run out. Then again, Elincia/Mist rushing in and spamming Rescue in lategame could be useful for keeping characters like Tauroneo close to the frontlines. Mist and Elincia really suck at taking hits though, Mist especially.

The chapter 14 Zerker boss sounds like he'll be annoying, but Zihark has high Adept+crit rate on him with Killing Edge, and I could have Titania and Kieran chip in with Short Axe if necessary (no Steel Bows on Kieran). Too bad SM!Zihark is outclassed pretty harshly by Stefan, but I think I might still be tempted to field both in some of the midgame maps before chapter 18, since he's the third fastest unit on the team at that point losing to Stefan and Muarim.

edit: okay, whom am I kidding, Jill is like 100 points short of promoting if I were to dump all my bexp into her. Promoted Jill for the desert it is then.

Edited by Espinosa

Hmm, think I have Muarim all figured out. However, I'll have to redo all the maps starting with chapter 12 (not again, sigh) so that promoted Jill can take both of the Arms Scrolls for C axes. Chapter 12's clear is going to be even more luck-reliant with this new method, too... Oh well, hope it's worth it.

There's Rescue staff usage for which I might need a good mobile healer (Bishop!Rhys and Elincia have the same staff range) but this utility seems rather unimpressive knowing their staff ranges. Spirit Dusts might best be spent on Calill/Bastian (Bastian's siege utility is more accurate with instant Volke support for +15 hit, but Calill exists for longer and could make more difference) and I even think Hammerne could repair Boltings if I run out. Then again, Elincia/Mist rushing in and spamming Rescue in lategame could be useful for keeping characters like Tauroneo close to the frontlines. Mist and Elincia really suck at taking hits though, Mist especially.

The advantage of Rhys is he has the most magic of the Staff users who can be rescued and therefore protected. I think using both him and Elincia could be useful. He adds Purge chip too. Nosferatu could potentially let him survive a hit or 2?

Or not, with 0 base def. -_-.

Edited by XeKr

I'm thinking probably not. Enemies are weak, but 24 HP 2 def, and 20 attack isn't making much of a difference in durability for him, as far as I can tell. That said, he still might not be a bad idea. Even with just base and promo bonuses, he'd be healing 23 damage at 6-7 range with physics and that'd be a fairly decent rescue range. Elincia'd be the only one who could match it. Actually, come to think of it, did Rhys' autolevel growths get set to 0, too, or did you leave them alone? Either way, it wouldn't be much of a difference, like 2 magic is probably all that would matter.

Characters still get promotion bonuses in this run, only level-up growths are negated.

I've been fielding Rhys in nearly every map besides chapter 10 (where lack of stealth means he gets raped by the reinforcements before he can blink) and he hit B staves as early as chapter 11. I intend to keep going just because it's not at all unlikely that he'll be able to use the Ashera Staff during the endgame chapters, which is remarkable utility that neither Mist nor Elincia can realistically reach even given a prolonged effort.

Mist only appeared in her join map where she's forced and never afterwards. I'll promote her when I have surplus BEXP, but it's possible she will never even see B staves for Rescue. Who cares with 4 promoted staff range anyway? It's a healer on a horse who can Canto away and that alone could have some use.

Thinking if the first Occult should go to Titania or Kieran. Probably Titania because she's less physically durable but I suppose Kieran will get the second Occult scroll that Stefan comes with. Calill/Bastian getting an Occult doesn't sound bad either (think about the extra damage done to Ena on a Bolting proc for example). Geoff is definitely getting one later.

Characters still get promotion bonuses in this run, only level-up growths are negated.

Oh, not that. I figured they would. I meant the weird thing about Rhys where his bases are technically a level 1 priest, but he gets 3 autolevels before joining with generic priest growths.

Thinking if the first Occult should go to Titania or Kieran. Probably Titania because she's less physically durable but I suppose Kieran will get the second Occult scroll that Stefan comes with. Calill/Bastian getting an Occult doesn't sound bad either (think about the extra damage done to Ena on a Bolting proc for example). Geoff is definitely getting one later.

I'd actually lean towards giving Kieran the first one. Titania has all of 1 less defense. In return, she has more luck, speed (with the sw you gave her), and resistance. Overall, she's more durable. As for other possible uses, Devdan might not be a bad idea. He's got decent enough stats and the extra damage could be nice. Lucia's another possibility. Astra eats up uses, but extra damage is extra damage and it's not like weapons are in short supply. Calill I can see, but Bastian seems iffy.

Edited by bottlegnomes

The time between the first two Occults is just the desert chapter where Cavalry is useless so I guess it's not so important who gets the first one. I think Titania's higher speed (and one extra point of skill but who cares) means she's more likely to get Sol to kick in when she doubles and Kieran doesn't (because we gave Titania the first Speedwings) could make the bigger difference there, but in the end both should get it to help their survivability in chapters to come.

I'm honestly not too enthusiastic about Luna. Yeah, Devdan has 15 skill, but for how long is he staying in the party after chapter 17?

Calill and Bastian are doing more or less the same thing. They tie in magic and have the ranks to wield all three siege tomes available to Sages. Calill loses in every other stat but has 2 more points in speed, but when she uses siege tomes, her -4 strength compared to Bastian will result in -2 AS with Bolting and -1 AS with Meteor. Calill, however, exists for longer and might make more of a difference with the Occult scroll than Bastian, hitting enemies she can't normally ORKO harder. Nihil is also there, helping with minor things like ignoring Ena's Miracle (if you want to finish her off reliably - assuming you don't whiff anyway) and maybe also helping with Gromell's Resolve or Hafedd's own Miracle.

And wow, it's taken me ages to complete chapter 12 with the new strategy that doesn't involve giving Jill Arms Scroll and Killer Lance for higher chances of KOing the Raven in the south on one of the two hits. It's 14 crit with a perfectly accurate attack on an Iron Lance +9 crit forge (Slim Lance gives +5 more for a ~10% more likely 6-turn clear, but costs more and is almost useless afterwards because the extra Mt makes a huge difference with my stats) but what seems like a 25% reliable strat required like 20 resets. Even the boss critted Zihark (what the hell) with 7 crit against his 6 luck before I could get Jill to crit with her forge.

Chapter 13 was mostly trivial, except I've had to redo it like half a dozen times because it seems like the map has some mystifying BUTs that prevent the 7-turn completion, such as Ravens refusing to leave even if you routed the Beorc, they don't want to leave when the green units attack them, or they simply clog up the "entrance" in the air which is just ridiculous. You just have to rout the map / open the chests in a classy manner which isn't too tough with the right positioning, smiting and forges on the right characters.

Also, in chapter 14, with the Zerker boss that screams "can't have a reliable strat against me", having Jill, Titania and Kieran pass over the Short Axe while Cantoing away allows Zihark to finish off the boss reliably without either a crit proc or Adept (one of which is still really reliable if you're using the Killing Edge). Still, even if I were to choose to attack the boss at point-blank range exclusively, I figure it'd take less resets to complete the chapters in the way I want compared to chapter 12's Raven rout (and, almost surely, the desert chapter where I will have extremely shaky accuracies even if I've calculated and planned everything perfectly).

Gotta upload more of these videos soon.

Astra is basically a superior version of Adept, with 2.5x damage and high chances of crit. Just something to keep in mind.

Isn't it impossible to proc crits with any of the five Astra hits? Because with that in mind and x2 activation rate I'd take Adept over Astra any day. Not that I'm mad enough to waste the Adept scroll on Lucia though, but if I could switch Zihark's and Stefan's skills like you do it in RD, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment.

Edited by Espinosa

Yeah, just saying that I'm surprised it's even possible in 0% growths.

Muarim with Demi Band functions kinda similarly in the next few chapters - 1-range nuke that outspeeds stuff. But yeah, wouldn't skip Stefan on this run even if I wasn't going for 100% Recruitment. On that note, Marcia has probably saved about as many turns as she cost (in chapter 12 alone).

Edited by Espinosa

Video of chapter 8 (defence chapter; the usual 8 turns)

Are you probably gonna make a tier list out of this when you're complete? It'd be interesting to see who besides the pre-promotes is still very useful in play.

That sounds like a fun idea. I'll see if I'll be using LTC as a criterion or taking into account reliability/opportunity cost (e.g. Ena goes down because she eats up a lot of stuff). I can already say with certainty that unpromoted units are about as crucial to this run. In the early chapters, Titania wouldn't be able to do everything on her own (like the chapter 7 rout) and when midgame comes around, Zihark, Jill, Marcia and to some extent Kieran provide utility that Titania cannot replicate (eg she doesn't fly and being mounted prevents her from being carried, Kieran has better offence and that 1 Str matters a lot).

Also, I managed to come up with an unreliable 2-turn strat in the foggy Zerker chapter, which involves shoving Titania three squares and having her drop Zihark in front of the boss on turn 2. Zihark needs to survive an attack from the boss and crit with a Steel sword forge (or activating Adept and hitting twice with Killing Edge, critting once). However, getting the Laguz Lance seems impossible in this clear (to say nothing of the lack of reliability). No Laguz Lance means bad consequences in the desert (where promoted Marcia and Jill at base are doing surprisingly well, not getting doubled by anyone besides the boss and even OHKOing some enemies with effective weaponry). Recruiting Stefan in an efficient manner while still killing Muarim because everybody transforms and gangbangs you if you take too long is a big deal, though.

I'm currently trying to construct a 4-turn clear, hopefully with all the desert items that matter obtained.

Chapter 9 (7 turns)

6-turning is possible if Boyd or Mia is promoted, but that's like throwing your BEXP down the toilet in 0% growths. I guess promoted Mia wouldn't be too dissimilar to a promoted Zihark in some strats, but the lack of Adept and poorer bases (especially attack) would make certain midgame strategies highly unreliable, if possible at all.

Okay, just 3-turned the desert in one of my mock attempts, with Marcia dying at the end. Apparently I can get it done quickly without any of Jill's help (who is the only flier able to lift Lethe up). Zihark actually cleanly OHKOs Muarim with a Laguzslayer crit, but with ~60% displayed hit, 11% crit and 15% Adept, good luck landing one. My more reliable strat features 3 units teaming up on Muarim at once. The only problem seems to be keeping Marcia healthy to withstand a round of combat, so I have to pass the Physic staff from a thief to Rhys and get her healed before she does her round. Currently polishing my strat so that I can make the most out of the map in terms of treasure besides the infrastructure necessary to clear in 3 turns without any deaths. The White Gem I have only a 38% chance to obtain, but it's about as likely as some of the attacks that need connecting on Muarim.

Had to adjust my Arms Scrolls re-arrangement because Jill doesn't need any Arms Scrolls at all, whereas Ilyana would want one (unless I wanted to make an expensive Fire forge which I do not because I can't imagine one being useful after this chapter).

Gotta say this is the most interesting chapter on this run thus far.

Chapter 10 cleared in 4 turns.

No stealth, but I get all of the following: Master Seal, Statue Frag, Counter skill and Short Axe. On that note, I still haven't found any use for Counter. I guess it's okay on a unit who takes a lot of hits and may fail to ORKO due to a proc or a whiff or whatever, assuming there's space for the skill. Vantage sounds like a way more important skill to decide upon its use, though.

I thought 3 turns was possible even with the Master Seal? Can Titania kill Danomill with the Hammer?

Base Titania does 13/42 damage to Danomill with the Hammer, not doubling due to suffering a -8 AS penalty. I guess one could pass the first Master Seal altogether, resulting in not promoting one of Marcia, Zihark or Kieran or Jill. I suppose Kieran is the one who might not cut any turns, but he's a reliable fighter when instapromoted and can actually ORKO the Cavs in chapter 11 more reliably than Titania due to +1 str. Also very useful in some of the next chapters. I guess by forging a +9 Iron Lance/Axe forge, I could still hope to 5-turn chapter 11 w/o promoted Kieran, but beating the boss on time would be hard, so I'd miss out on another Master Seal and this would cost me a lot of turns in chapter 12.

I also just checked and it seems that promoted Jill doesn't need a Smite in order to ferry Lethe to recruit Stefan on turn 3, so the Statue Frag doesn't cut any turns in that particular map.

Might redo some maps and see if I could benefit more from choosing not to promote Jill (and therefore removing the necessity to give Mordy the Frag), and give the BEXP to Mist/Rhys instead. I have to recruit Devdan in a timely manner in chapter 16, and besides Tormod with his Celerity, Mist is another good candidate, though I suppose Mist still falls behind with 8 move, unless Smited, and Tormod could just be dropped in Devdan's range by, like, any mounted unit. Rhys would appreciate a promotion for +1 move and +1 physic range (screw Light tomes).

I'm pretty sure having promoted Jill will pay off in chapters to come. 29 HP/13 def is nice durability comparable to Titania's 33/11, she ignores terrain and could carry anybody, or give people to Tanith in rescuedrop chains. As for Mist, I think she can wait until the chapter 21 Master Seal - doesn't seem like I need a mounted healer that badly, especially when Rhys can use Physic (and I want him to reach S staves). I think it's better to play on instead of having different variations of clears for many chapters; otherwise I'll take forever to finish this challenge run.

Are your units supporting in this run?

Anyway, gj so far!

Yeah, check out the spoiler tags in the first post. So far promotions maybe made just a slight difference when it comes to survival (like Titania and Kieran getting some +avo when defending against a few enemies).

Okay, I'm pretty sure chapter 16 should be clearable in 5 turns regardless of the difficulty of keeping Ike alive before seizing and Tormod close enough to talk to Devdan who needs to be baited on turn 4 by somebody who doesn't 2HKO him (which includes a lot of people on my team as he's weighed down by his spear). I think I should be able to pick up Full Guard and Ashera Icon (not selling this one as Stefan appears to face immediate chances of being critted), and I might be able to get Silver Lance (yay, first silver weapon) and Dracoshield as well, we'll see. No chance of getting Bolting and another Physic though, I'm especially upset about Bolting. Rehearsing the strat right now; this isn't a fun map due to where the enemies are positioned.

Also, Stefan isn't terribly impressive on this map, but I guess it all depends on what you want him to do exactly. It's surprising how much "riding a horse with 9 move" has to do with being a reliable character to use. I might even give Titania some defensive stat boosters to keep her in for some of the later maps, because she's easily shovable, can move anywhere and drop foot units. 12 strength is lacking at this point though; both Titania and Kieran fail to double some of the higher-levelled Knights with the Hammer. Maybe rescuedropping Stefan with Armorslayer isn't such a terrible idea.