FE9 0% growths LTC

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm still frustrated with my H2 LTC run because of the Ch7 video being damaged. It was my favorite video too ;/. Sigh, I left a save at Chapter 6 for reasons like this, but Im still super frustrated. Ill get back to it eventually >_>.

For Chp 25, try having Tanith equipped with a Sonic Sword drop Tauroneo (or whoever is your best foot unit with decent durability) on the top of the mountain on turn 1 with a refresh from Reyson. Mountain terrain give 1 DEF and 10 Avoid so Tauroneo should have no problems surviving with the Laguzguard.

Depending on how tough Tauroneo gets with resolve, a 3 turn seems possible.

Yeah, that was the very first strat I considered. Tauroneo gets attacked by the boss and, assuming both Bolt Axe attacks connect, enters Resolve range immediately so the enemies attacking him on turn 1 EP suicide (some of them anyway), their numbers depending on what Tauroneo is equipped with (forged Javelin, Silver Sword and Brave Lance are some of the best options).

The bad part of the strat is that Tanith finds herself in a position where it's hard for her to continue contributing to the rout in the other places of the map (where the rest of my party strugges due to having really shoddy combat) once she's dropped Tauroneo, and turn 2 is still dedicated to taking down the boss, whom Tanith cannot easily reach, so if Tauroneo finishes him off, his risk of death on the next turn is very high, plus there are plenty more enemies in that part of the map whom Tauroneo can't counterkill on EP (like the Purge Bishop), and due to being a General he has difficulties walking around and routing as many of them as possible.

My second strat, one that I still haven't fully developed, is stoning Reyson, baiting the boss on turn 1 with Tanith's Reinforce, and then routing for real on turn 2 with some 4-way refreshing, but I don't know yet how effective that can be.

How much can Tauroneo move on the mountain? 1 or 2?

Tanith with a Sonic Sword of Killer lance crit can finish Gromell cant she? And then have her canto over to the right side. When she drops Tauroneo she should stay right behind him so she can reach Gromell easily.
Or have her take out the Purge Bishop and have Tauroneo crit kill Gromell.
After dropping Tauroneo, Tanith can take out the few enemies to the right and Haar can be charging up the left side. Once the Tigers are dead, Calill should be pretty safe so getting her up to the top on turn 2 is probably your best bet.
This is Largo's 1st map, can he do anything?

• 3 months later...

And the run's over, folks. Too bad many of the people originally following it are no long around to see it end, but what can I say, real-life worries come first and are expected to interfere with fickle online commitments. 

1 hour ago, Espinosa said:

And the run's over, folks. Too bad many of the people originally following it are no long around to see it end, but what can I say, real-life worries come first and are expected to interfere with fickle online commitments. 

Seven years will do that to you. Even though I only jumped in for the last few videos I enjoyed this, and it's cool that you came back to finish it. I forgot about how slow this game was, though. Geeze.

• 5 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 10:17 AM, Espinosa said:

And the run's over, folks. Too bad many of the people originally following it are no long around to see it end, but what can I say, real-life worries come first and are expected to interfere with fickle online commitments

Seven years later and I just happen to check in here. I don’t know what’s crazier, the fact that you finished this or that I remember this thread as well as I do. Good job on the clear.