Custom Promotional Branching

greensaber51

Trying to get a custom promotion branch right now. I used the FE8 Custom Promotion Pointer Editor and made a custom promotion branch with 4 different options, then setting all the remaining class option to Nothing and the separator to 0, then I toke the pointer number from it and inserted it into the FE8 Promotion item editor under the item Sun Bracelet. Everything was saved, I exited, etc., loaded up the rom and it made no difference.. :( Or is the FE8 Promotion Branch Editor the only way to edit promotion options??? My only problem though is that it only gives you 2 options though... So How am I screwing up with the whole making a custom promotion branch thing??? Help please :) Thanks :)

I've just taken a very quick look and I'm guessing if it's like FE7 then it's for custom promotion ITEMS

i.e. you fill in a bunch of classes

copy that pointer to guiding ring

guiding ring will now promote that list of classes.

I've just taken a very quick look and I'm guessing if it's like FE7 then it's for custom promotion ITEMS

i.e. you fill in a bunch of classes

copy that pointer to guiding ring

guiding ring will now promote that list of classes.

Oooooooh, ok, that would make sense :) Thanks :)