Sign in to follow this  
Kaze

So how many of us are going crazy over the release fiasco involving Fire Emblem: Awakening?

I didn't have the foresight to pre-order, but I'm hoping my local Gamestop somehow has an extra copy available tomorrow. From reading stuff on here, though, I suspect I'll be out of luck.

I didn't have the foresight to pre-order, but I'm hoping my local Gamestop somehow has an extra copy available tomorrow. From reading stuff on here, though, I suspect I'll be out of luck.

You're completely out of luck. Because so many people pre-ordered the game, they have to only give out the game to those who pre-ordered it first. So until they ship enough copies to appease not only the crowd who pre-ordered the game, but also the people who want the game and didn't pre-order it, you're not gonna be getting it for a couple more days, mate.

Sorry to break your spirit, but I'm only telling you the truth.

The Middle of Nowhere reporting in.

THE GOOD: The FE13 cartridges are in. WOOHOO!

THE BAD: The 3DS doesn't come in until Friday. Guess which one I ordered?

THE SILVER LINING: I have time to finish Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky~!

If you're in the states, Target seems like a good place to begin your search (check online first to see if the item is in stock, then call the Target to double check). It is still going to be hard to find, though, since I heard each Target store only carries 3 copies.

Suddenly, Gamestop's online entry went from saying "Feb 6" to "Pre-order".

The powers that be are trying to make me study for my tests and finish my project. I must not let this happen.

Suddenly, Gamestop's online entry went from saying "Feb 6" to "Pre-order".

The powers that be are trying to make me study for my tests and finish my project. I must not let this happen.

I'm honestly sick and tired of the bundle going back and forth from available to unavailable and back again. This is the first time I've ever ordered something that was "limited edition" and so far it's been a huge pain.

It makes me want to cry out of frustration.

The positive side is that until the bundle finally arrives I've been getting all my classwork done so I have the time to procrastinate on stuff in the future if it does come in sometime.

If the bundle doesn't arrive at Gamestop by Sunday, I'm going to have to wait yet another entire week to pick up my bundle (I can only pick it up during weekends). That would terrible...

If you're in the states, Target seems like a good place to begin your search (check online first to see if the item is in stock, then call the Target to double check). It is still going to be hard to find, though, since I heard each Target store only carries 3 copies.

Good idea! It's out of stock, though XD Bah, oh well. I'm definitely going to pre-order next time.

So, I just called GameStop today and yeah, they said the copies just shipped today, and they expect them Thursday or Friday at best. Well, I was gonna get it Friday anyways, so at least, a fair number of people won't be able to play it ahead of me...

I was told the same thing. My city's store'd better not get it on Thursday, 'cause I'll be busy all day. @[email protected] Well, except for a whole hour, but that doesn't help me much, I don't think.

Yeah, when I got my copy yesterday, which I pre-ordered, GameStop never even called to inform me...I had to call them. -_-

So, we don't have an exact date for when they'll arrive and they might not call when it does?

I'm really hoping that they don't enforce the whole two day thing.

So, we don't have an exact date for when they'll arrive and they might not call when it does?

I'm really hoping that they don't enforce the whole two day thing.

Your best bet is to call them everyday if you're worried about not getting a call from them when your pre-order comes in. I'd suggest doing that until the 8th at least since that's when the majority of stores should get their shipments if they haven't already.

After a close call heart attack, I finally got ahold of my copy of Awakening. As predicted, my store neglected to call me and inform me, so I had called in around 1:30 PST to see if it had.

They only had one copy left and 2 people who hadn't picked theirs up yet (one being me). I was so frazzled that I ran out the door and had to take my moms car so I wouldn't have to stop for gas until I was coming home so I wouldn't waste any valuable time getting there. Thankfully I did manage to get the last copy and it works great.

If I had missed out because they didn't call me to let me know it had come it, I probably would have lost it in store.

Unfortunately no bundle so my friend is out of luck until later :/

I have my copy, but I don't have a 3ds so I can't play until the bundle comes, how ironic seeing as how the bundle includes it as well. XD I'm giving my hard copy to my younger bro though.

After a close call heart attack, I finally got ahold of my copy of Awakening. As predicted, my store neglected to call me and inform me, so I had called in around 1:30 PST to see if it had.

They only had one copy left and 2 people who hadn't picked theirs up yet (one being me). I was so frazzled that I ran out the door and had to take my moms car so I wouldn't have to stop for gas until I was coming home so I wouldn't waste any valuable time getting there. Thankfully I did manage to get the last copy and it works great.

If I had missed out because they didn't call me to let me know it had come it, I probably would have lost it in store.

Unfortunately no bundle so my friend is out of luck until later :/

^This was my case yesterday. >.< I even called around 1:20pm and they told me that if I didn't get there within the next hour, then the remaining pre-order copies that were left(since they didn't get enough to fulfill their pre-orders for the game yesterday) would be gone. Luckily, I got there at 3:30pm and they still had a copy. I ended up leaving class early because I am currently fighting a cold and I wasn't feeling well yesterday. >.<

(I feel like I said this already, so if I have, I apologize for repeating myself. ^^; )

^This was my case yesterday. >.< I even called around 1:20pm and they told me that if I didn't get there within the next hour, then the remaining pre-order copies that were left(since they didn't get enough to fulfill their pre-orders for the game yesterday) would be gone. Luckily, I got there at 3:30pm and they still had a copy. I ended up leaving class early because I am currently fighting a cold and I wasn't feeling well yesterday. >.<

(I feel like I said this already, so if I have, I apologize for repeating myself. ^^; )

So I'm not the only one they did this to, good to know haha... As much as I love my gamestop, I really hate that they never call me like they promise too. What makes it worse is that every single worker there knows me because I'm a regular at the store (I only ever buy games from them out of some sense of loyalty..) so I feel kind of upset over it. At least I got my copy, but I still have to harass them daily over the bundle. They're not done with me yet, haha..

I didn't even get an exact date on when to expect that either.

So I'm not the only one they did this to, good to know haha... As much as I love my gamestop, I really hate that they never call me like they promise too. What makes it worse is that every single worker there knows me because I'm a regular at the store (I only ever buy games from them out of some sense of loyalty..) so I feel kind of upset over it. At least I got my copy, but I still have to harass them daily over the bundle. They're not done with me yet, haha..

I didn't even get an exact date on when to expect that either.

Yeah. I usually shop at this specific GameStop for my games, except when they don't have the game I'm looking for. I'm a fairly regular customer at my GameStop. Depends on the time of year that a game comes out.

And yeah, they kept telling me, "We didn't get it today, we expect it to come tomorrow." or "Check back tomorrow" and they hang up...

Yeah. I usually shop at this specific GameStop for my games, except when they don't have the game I'm looking for. I'm a fairly regular customer at my GameStop. Depends on the time of year that a game comes out.

And yeah, they kept telling me, "We didn't get it today, we expect it to come tomorrow." or "Check back tomorrow" and they hang up...

Yeah same. I feel kind of mad about the bundle not being in yet because my friend preordered it but she put it under my name because she's busy with college and internships, but I was supposed to go hang out with her tomorrow on one of her only free days. But since I don't have the bundle, I can't go see her because that defeats 50% of the purpose of me driving that far to see her :/ Maybe I can arrange it for next week when I actually get payed and don't have to borrow money... blah.

Even when my headache is over I still have one remaining bahaha. At least I get to enjoy my game finally

Yeah same. I feel kind of mad about the bundle not being in yet because my friend preordered it but she put it under my name because she's busy with college and internships, but I was supposed to go hang out with her tomorrow on one of her only free days. But since I don't have the bundle, I can't go see her because that defeats 50% of the purpose of me driving that far to see her :/ Maybe I can arrange it for next week when I actually get payed and don't have to borrow money... blah.

Even when my headache is over I still have one remaining bahaha. At least I get to enjoy my game finally

Yeah. Watch, you'll be called that the bundle is ready tomorrow. Hopefully GameStop isn't out of the way to your friend's college if it does come in tomorrow and you're able to hang out with her.

I have to ride the public bus to my college so when I'm done with my classes I usually have an hour to blow. Just so happens the buses do their first pickup in front of a mall, and that mall has a Gamestop. So I went in everyday since Monday just to see if they had gotten it. I didn't have to wait long, just got my copy today. The craziest thing to me was that they had only gotten 3 copies of the game and around 57 people preordered it, so glad I went when I did.

Edited by Brainiac

I just got mine from a local wal mart today! :D The only copy they recieved, too.

Oh, a also checked a few other stores, and for those of you in the Wisconson (sp :p ) Dells area, the local wal mart has some copies in stock. I figured this may help someone who didn't pre order get a copy a few days sooner. Best of luck to those who are still hunting down a copy. Trust me, I know the feeling.

Why isn't GameStop calling anybody?! Is something wrong with their automated call system? I'll have to just figure out the address of the GameStop I preordered my bundle at and call them tomorrow. Because I'm worried again.

Edited by Anacybele

Why isn't GameStop calling anybody?! Is something wrong with their automated call system? I'll have to just figure out the address of the GameStop I preordered my bundle at and call them tomorrow. Because I'm worried again.

That would be your safest bet (though I doubt they'd just sell a bundle normally like they'd do a cartridge). I have no idea why I haven't been receiving calls, when I stopped by yesterday because I was in town I had them switch all numbers on my card to my cell phone number to ensure they'd call me, but I got nothing at all :/ I don't think they'll even call me when my friends bundle shows up either so I just need to stay on top of them