50 members have voted

1. 1. STARTER POKEMON

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c6/495.png[/img]
    • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/69/498.png[/img]
    • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/55/501.png[/img]
  2. 2. CHARACTER

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/9a/NateChallenge.png[/img]
    • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e8/RosaChallenge.png[/img]

I've never done a nuzlocke before, so MAY DA LAWD HAVE MERCEDES ON MAH SOLES. Much like my Raging Soul Silver Run, this will be a screenshot LP (as opposed to a video LP because I don't do commentary).

CHALLENGE MODE

Rules I will be applying (copied from Bulbapedia's Nuzlocke Challenge page):

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (DEPOSITED INTO THE DEAD BOX).
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
  • While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  • Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
  • Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon. For example, the Zigzagoon/Poochyena that the player has to save Professor Birch from is not counted as the first encounter on the route, and not counting any other encounters as such until they can catch. Likewise, in the games where the rival battle is immediately after getting the starter Pokémon, the "any that faint must be released" rule is not enforced at that time.
  • As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints (I'M NEVER HAVE OR AM GOING TO SEE AND CATCH A SHINY BUT HEY, NEVER KNOW).

Don't forget to participate in the poll above and vote for my starter Pokemon, even if you have no intention of following/commenting on my run. If you have any other suggestions for rules, let's hear them. If I like them, they may be implemented. Or, is there a rule I've listed that you think I should NOT implement? By voting/posting you're also much more likely to get a captured Pokemon named after you, huzzah! I'll be starting sometime after arriving home from work, so GET VOTING PLEASE.

And even in the event of a GAME OVER, I will keep restarting until the Champion is defeated.

Edited by Raven

Do challenge mode. It isn't THAT bad.

Normal mode is too easy.

Is there an AR code to unlock it immediately? I'll give it a try, but if I lose I may downgrade to normal.

I say go challenge mode. Wynaut?

Oh, and although the odds are quite low, I have a Shiny Golbat and a Shiny Gliscor (Adamant even!) on my Sapphire and Platinum nuzlockes respectively, so you never know~

I say go challenge mode. Wynaut?

Oh, and although the odds are quite low, I have a Shiny Golbat and a Shiny Gliscor (Adamant even!) on my Sapphire and Platinum nuzlockes respectively, so you never know~

Aside from the Red Gyarados, I've never encountered a wild Shiny Pokemon in my whole Pokemon career, and I've been playing since Gen I so I've been around for as long as Shinies. 8[

Was I supposed to choose the dumbest?

Oops I chose the cutest =< (well also later on it becomes the prettiest~)

Also chose the girl because the guy's hair looks absolutely ridiculous aibouerbvoierjgnuawprie

It shall be done. I've already started this though, just have to upload then caption them all. Got enough screenies for two parts already. I'll be alternating between this and my SS run just to keep things fresh for me.

Oh yeah, just for confirmation, I'm a female trainer named Raven who has started with a male Oshawott.

Part I

1_zpsefa08e06.png

Arait, let's ROCKNROLL

2_zpsf56b4e49.png

A wild Professor appeared!

6_zps3feb2ef9.png

Why are you THE Pokemon Professor? What happened to the rest of them?

4_zps49e53e88.png

It was a tight poll, but yep, I'm a girl.

7_zps0336f52c.png

I suppose Raven is a pretty gender-neutral name. In all honesty, I've heard more girls be referred to as Raven than guys.

5_zps53279d58.png

...Why do you want to know about him? He's not of age of consent yet, surely.

10_zps2bfe010c.png

Whoa, screenshots of that short cutscene before you start playing... Lines and stuff.

11_zps8dc662c8.png

Uh, hi...?

12_zpsedd14368.png

I hear you have a daughter who goes by the name of Raven. I want to take her on an adventure~~~~~~~~

14_zpsb15ddb6f.png

I was jokin- OH you're on the phone.

Awkward.

15_zps9fb63a5a.png

Fuck. It's literally impossbile to get any privacy in this house.

I mean why is there only one bedroom? There is no upstairs, either. Where does mom and dad sleep? Where do I sleep? Do I have a dad?

17_zps62714bd6.png

I'm just fuckin' with ya. 'Course I want one. I kind of need one to play.

18_zpsebf3d43f.png

You should've raised me with more love and care. Something beyond just sharing a bed.

19_zps45a2b3a9.png

A big green hat named Bianca. Duly noted.

20_zps981308ef.png

Uhh lemme check... ... Nope, I'm stumped. What is this witchcraft? A zip, you say? Velcro? Fuck me.

23_zpse942beda.png

A fat guy telling me about the power of science in the starting town. This is a familiar scene.

24_zpsb0d94a48.png

If you weren't so old, I'd bitchslap that smug face of yours, old man.

29_zps014dae21.png

Green Hat Bianca was found.

30_zpsac4cc030.png

Huh, if you say so. Give me the hat and I'll be on my way.

31_zps649086d6.png

No, I really don't care for filling in your Pokemon encyclopedia. But alas, I am forced to agree to this.

So, she give me a Pokemon to help me fill in this 'Dex.

32_zps294d1d6e.png

Thus Integrity the Oshawott was chosen. Yes Integ, you are the dumbest-looking starter Pokemon, hands down. But Oshawott won the poll, so it must be accepted.

33_zps235e56ef.png

Yeah just give a Pokedex to everyone who asks. Juniper's gonna be pissed with you, girl.

35_zpse3264661.png

Obligatory rival battle. He's got a level advantage...

38_zps9f7c727e.png

...But that just means more EXP for me when I drop him. 2 levels and Water Gun get.

41_zpsb473507f.png

An important ingredient for a Nuzlocke run. Gotta keep that supply of Pokemon up.

42_zps3995a80c.png

Equally as important. Gotta keep that HP from dropping to 0.

45_zps7ed0ce35.png

Fuck you I have a Pokemon this time.

46_zps66761c08.png

1Ytq6.png

You're mocking me, aren't you. Blame the people who voted for this.

So after I'm taught how to catch Pokemon, I decide to give it a try for myself... Here goes...!

49_zps03868fab.png

...Well that was anti-climatic.

Retry.

51_zps63175239.png

Hmm ok.

53_zpse98bb00d.png

WELCOME TO THE TEAM, ECLIPSE

54_zps7356f725.png

Ew +Def -Spd. Could be worse... I guess?

56_zps00da54a4.png

Hah, I lied. Now you have to walk all the way back here.

58_zps97dbd8ab.png

RAPE

59_zps8595411a.png

Oh nevermind, just an old guy on a clifftop... WAIT STAHP

127_zps31e9340f.png

HE DID IT

60_zpsafe7fe4e.png

...And he's totally fine. Was nobody else even slightly surprised to see this guy just... jump off a cliff and appearing unharmed? This is worse than SoulSilver teaching you to headbutt large, formidable trees.

62_zps86f2da57.png

So he comes up to me, checks out my tits and ass, then tells me I have a nice pussy. Maybe I should run to the police?

65_zps18200190.png

...And why do I need to know this?

67_zpsc8b96a2d.png

NEW AREA

NEW POKEMON

74_zps67be5c69.png

Made it through the grass without seeing a wild Pokemon. If memory serves there's dark long grass down there but this asshole is blocking my path to it.

Maybe I'll get lucky next time after I beat the gym and avoid seeing any Pokemon here once again.

75_zps5b2d7974.png

Trainer's intuition.

76_zpsbd9f49cc.png

You... When Autumn comes, you will be mine...

78_zpsb27c80ff.png

NEW AREA

NEW POKEMON

79_zpse035061d.png

NO

FUCK

I FORGOT YOU FIGHT ME HERE

MY TEAM IS HURT FROM PREVIOUS TRAINER BATTLES

82_zpsf2365093.png

eclipse growled then I switched to Integ and proceeded to win. Had to use a couple of Potions, though. Can't be too careless. Crits could pop up at any time and wreck your shit.

85_zps1c8eaba8.png

And we win! Both Integrity and eclipse benefit from the battle.

Next time: Stuff involving more Pokemon and people doing weird things with dogs.

Part II: Death and Glory

86_zps02118a22.png

Every time.

So they decide to drop a bomb and tell us that one of their two Herdiers is missing. So we go dog hunting.

88_zpsc26c36ba.png

Shame it's not possible to steal this ranch's Pokemon. I highly doubt a Mareep will appear on my first encounter.

A Riolu would be great, but they are even harder to encounter.

93_zpscf58a92d.png

The grass is no longer avoidable... Time to dive in.

94_zps1ec668fa.png

MIXED FEELINGS. But I must catch it or forever be stuck with less Pokemon.

95_zpsb385314f.png

NO. A CRITICAL HIT. FUCK.

96_zpsceacb3d9.png

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR CRITS.

97_zpsba8c11f2.png

CAUGHT THE MURDERER.

99_zpsd553ca5e.png

Well on the plus side, Specta is better than eclipse in the stats department. Especially attack.

100_zpsbb2651e0.png

A Herdier! What is that strange person doing with it? It must be saved!

101_zps446b415f.png

GAH. Critical hits. Critical hits EVERYWHERE. More common than grass.

102_zps89d68343.png

"Pest." Isn't that what Misty calls us after interrupting her date by Bill's house?

Ew.

And the pictures kind of speak for themselves, really. No captions necessary.

103_zpsd8e47fdc.png

He runs away after I disrupt his little...rendezvous...with the dog. I tell nobody ever.

So while I was training up my Pokemon's levels at the ranch, I run into a couple of Mareeps, but no Riolus. I suppose luck really isn't on my side.

120_zps2ae5d855.png

RIP.

So I decide that I won't be able to take on the gym without a third Pokemon. I return to route 20 to get a new team member and train some more levels.

1_zpsa82e7563.png

This is the first Pokemon I see here... Maybe it will do fine.

3_zps4237086f.png

Looks like a Shinori to me, anyway.

After some grinding, I finally get my team up to decent-enough levels to face the first gym.

4_zps33797fde.png

This will be more useful than ever, should I need to use it.

5_zps2e027941.png

Yes, yes it will...

6_zps68f5dc04.png

These two were too easy... As for beating Cheren, let's find out.

Next time, I plan to follow the actual adventure/story itself less and focus more on my progress through this challenge. So a gym leader should be defeated every one or two parts, hurrah.

32_zps294d1d6e.png

Thus Integrity the Oshawott was chosen. Yes Integ, you are the dumbest-looking starter Pokemon, hands down. But Oshawott won the poll, so it must be accepted.

Well he voted for that dumbest-looking starter~ I'm sure he is content ^~^

Also heehee Integ is everybody's starter~

I just got a horrible horrible idea

32_zps294d1d6e.png

fuck yeah

i figure the dumbest looking starter MUST evolve into the coolest-looking final pokemon, based on evidence

So...

So far, there's Integrity and eclipse?

Are you planning on naming all your Pokemon after SF mods... :P

Too bad eclipse dies. :(

Yeah... I wasn't expecting that. Critical hits are bad for your health. And she was killed by the Pokemon I was trying to catch, no less.

No matter since eplipse's soul will forever live on in the DEAD box.

Well he voted for that dumbest-looking starter~ I'm sure he is content ^~^

Also heehee Integ is everybody's starter~

I just got a horrible horrible idea

A horrible idea how?

And yeah Integ's my fire starter in my Soul Silver run too, primarily because I was one of his Gyarados in his own Pokemon PT (did you finish that, Integ?).

fuck yeah

i figure the dumbest looking starter MUST evolve into the coolest-looking final pokemon, based on evidence

I've never used this water thing before so it will be interesting to see what team can be pulled together around it.

Actually I haven't willingly used a water starter since Totodile in Gen 2.

A horrible idea how?

And yeah Integ's my fire starter in my Soul Silver run too, primarily because I was one of his Gyarados in his own Pokemon PT (did you finish that, Integ?).

It was actually a wonderful idea that you gave her for her own playthrough. I'll let her enlighten you to its majesty.

I did finish my SoulSilver run, and you were deployed all the way through.

It was actually a wonderful idea that you gave her for her own playthrough. I'll let her enlighten you to its majesty.

I did finish my SoulSilver run, and you were deployed all the way through.

I'd be interested in following her wonderful playthrough.

I don't recall reading the end of your SS run, I must find it (or maybe you can link it).

I'd be interested in following her wonderful playthrough.

I don't recall reading the end of your SS run, I must find it (or maybe you can link it).

I stopped rambling about it at some point. I finished the run, never finished the sort-of official log.

I stopped rambling about it at some point. I finished the run, never finished the sort-of official log.

Oh okay that explains why I don't remember it then. I'm glad Ravendos helped.

As for this topic, I'm hoping to update within the next dew days. Depending when I get the chance to play.

A horrible idea how?

I'll just keep the relevant parts~

[2013-02-17 11:00:03] <FreohrDatia> do you pokeman well enough to know your top 6 favourite pokemanz? =3

[2013-02-17 11:05:49] <Integrity> seadra, starmie, ampharos, rapidash, vulpix,

[2013-02-17 11:05:49] <Integrity> and um

[2013-02-17 11:06:15] <Integrity> probably growlithe

[2013-02-17 11:06:24] <FreohrDatia> oooooooh

[2013-02-17 11:07:11] <FreohrDatia> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[2013-02-17 11:07:20] <FreohrDatia> that means I'll have to work with cheats!!

[2013-02-17 12:26:56] <FreohrDatia> Integrity!!

[2013-02-17 12:26:59] <FreohrDatia> http://puu.sh/244b3

[2013-02-17 12:27:21] <Integrity> oh golly

[2013-02-17 12:27:31] <Integrity> what are the other three?

[2013-02-17 12:27:33] <FreohrDatia> x3

[2013-02-17 12:27:37] <Integrity> going to be named, I mean

[2013-02-17 12:27:47] <FreohrDatia> Integrity, Integ, Ikeypoo