Villagers in Paralogue 3

Leif

What happens if you don't save the villagers in paralogue 3? Is there a reward at the end of the chapter? I wasn't expecting them to rush HEAD ON to the Hard Mode!enemies.

And I kept resetting on Lunatic Mode a few months back. XD

Did the exact same thing on hard mode. I wanted to get all 3 of them cuz I thought I would get something awesome. When I finally did it and get the rewards I was like "Screw you guys I just wasted an hour trying to save your stupid A.I. booties!"

I just can't figure out why the heck they're programmed to run to the bottom left corner at all costs, even if there's still enemies there. These guys are too dumb to live, but I wasted rescue staff charges on them. I suppose if you REALLY wanted that seraph robe... which only gives +5 HP instead of +7...

Yeeaaahhh well at least the village that turned them away gives you a blessed bow.

Oh god I hate this chapter. ._. Got my first Game Over, a Pegasus Knight got the jump on an injured Chrom. So much for Casual Mode and getting no Game Overs. Fml and f those stupid villagers, I FINALLY managed to get Vaike to level 7. Fml...

I restarted a good four times on this mission before I gave up because I was convinced I'd get something amazing. Then they walked right to the Pegasus Knights that I couldn't reach and I thought "If they're that stupid, they deserve it". I'm glad I didn't miss out on much. Here I thought I missed a character or something...

The best way to save them (without using Rescue staves) is to give Cordelia and Sumia their supports and have them airdrop ahead. One to intercept the Pegasus Knights, the other to be a human wall (separate if needed) against the generals proceeding down the right bridge. For the rest of the party, again, split. A few mostly defensive with projectiles head to the right, to get the village and take out the javelin throwers. Your offensive quick killers go to the left, since you can't bottleneck the left as easily.

eh I found it pretty easy but then again to each their own, IIRC my approach was a more offensive approach where I simply tried to take out the enemies before they could hit the NPC's, it's a bit risky but with enough luck and some healing (that early physic staff should help) it -should- work

I tried to save the villagers in my second try, but no bueno, my men couldn't reach the enemies in time. I love Pair Up, but in cases like this I wish Rescue was still an option! "OTL This makes 2 skirmishes now where I couldn't save the idiotic Green Ally units. I hate the guilt trip that happens when the battle finishes.

I mean, it's not my fault they blindly charged right into death. ;A; Sigh...

-_- Those villagers are idiots...Even in Normal mode, they head straight to the enemy...I was SO close to saving them and they ran right to the last enemies and got themselves killed before I could rescue their asses...

I just can't figure out why the heck they're programmed to run to the bottom left corner at all costs, even if there's still enemies there. These guys are too dumb to live, but I wasted rescue staff charges on them. I suppose if you REALLY wanted that seraph robe... which only gives +5 HP instead of +7...

Yeeaaahhh well at least the village that turned them away gives you a blessed bow.

I think the idea is they're trying to escape the map, and that's where there's an "exit" looking area on the edge. Also, story-wise, they're trudging away from the village that rejected them.

BTW you only need to save one of them to get the robe. Best thing is to (a) end the map quickly (sending Fred down to the bottom left helps) and (b) get strong units to their area quickly (you can't pick them up but you can kill the enemies threatening them). The village is low priority since there isn't a real threat to it.

• 7 years later...