Erdgeist

Some Wild Erdgeist Sketches Appeared!

'Sup guys! I guess I"ll just post my stuff here, lol.

I generally have two different styles: a more detailed primary one and a simplified cartoony one!

My stuff's generally found at my dA and tumblr.

Here's my first Fire Emblem fanart in ages! Drew Owain 'cause dang this guy is the best

fire_emblem_is_consuming_my_life_by_sir_erdgeist-d5u29yz.png

Brandt Hermes Kilpatrick, a random OC of mine, in a random book-filled alcove that I wish existed in my life

jus_chillin_by_sir_erdgeist-d5s9xnk.png

Brandt again for some au I don't even know, man

i_don_t_even_know_what_this_is_supposed_to_be_by_sir_erdgeist-d5t730d.png

Some more OCs! You can tell what my favourite hockey team is!

study_buddies_by_sir_erdgeist-d5rpuht.png

I guess I'll update as I go along; my primary style's especially heavily experimental atm, but I'm hoping to keep improving at both!

I think your style is really slick. I'm really digging the sharp edges and gradients. It's definitely got a graphic, magazine slickness to the presentation.

I think your style is really slick. I'm really digging the sharp edges and gradients. It's definitely got a graphic, magazine slickness to the presentation.

Oh wow! Thanks a bunch!

Sharp edges and angles are definitely my thing; my secondary style was actually heavily influenced by a lot of magazine illustrations!

(rather liking your FE designs btw!)

What's with the influx of good artists recently?

No complaints from me, though. And I really like your style.

Dang, thanks, man! 'Good artist'-- I like the sound of that!

I rather like your neat style, too!

Randomly drew something today in my secondary style!

Basically...Peter doesn't mind when his dad goes out because Tino and Mathias are the best babysitters in the world. Mathias' stories often wildly deviate from the book and Tino's jamming doesn't usually quite fit the genres, but they always have a good time!

surveying_spaceships_on_saurischians_by_sir_erdgeist-d5uix3t.png

My muse isn't really working these days, but I'll probably come up with something around when exams pick up (as usual)!

I saw this on tumblr too, and I think it's great. I love the hardedged shapes, and I particularly like the dynamic going on here with the three characters.

holy coloring styles batman

*adds to collection of tumblrs*

Really liking the clean edges on everything too. (gauh I'm so inarticulate when it comes to describing multiple things I like about an art)

Whoa, thank you! I hadn't really noticed the clean edge aspect before, actually-- neat!

I'm glad you like it!

I saw this on tumblr too, and I think it's great. I love the hardedged shapes, and I particularly like the dynamic going on here with the three characters.

Thanks, man! Drawing more than one person in a picture is relatively rare for me, so that's awesome that they looked like they were kind of believably interacting!

I redrew part of my Owain drawing in my secondary style the other day for an avatar!

a501d5cb149f657a611a6bd50c217fd7.png

And then we have

OBSESSION: A random serial killer AU involving Brandt (again) and a friend's OC

World-weary and cynical, the graying Detective Cross finds himself drawn to an attractive young man whom he meets one day while on-duty. There's more to Brandt than meets the eye, and as the bodies begin to pile up, Detective Cross is soon ensnared in a web of deceit and death!

First time doing a movie poster parody! Composition isn't my forte, so I'm gonna try mixing it up a bit more this month.

Brandt's hair was tough to figure out though ngl

a_deadly_affair_by_sir_erdgeist-d5uu4zj.png

so it's like fatal attraction

but with gay lovers

i fucking love it.

Ooh, I really like your cartoony/flat style~ Real elegant and pro looking. I especially love that one with the three guys doing homework (maybe?), it looks like a professional illustration! Gaaah everyone with an awesome style makes me sooo jealous. Not liek I'm totally not in love with your other style too, but the skin colors seem to be a bit gray to me, not sure if intentional.

And yeah, I dunno if you've heard this ever but flipping your canvas around, or zooming way way out to thumbnail size really tends to help me with composition (not that I'm a shining example of it or anything.) I'm following you on tumblr too now 8D

so it's like fatal attraction

but with gay lovers

i fucking love it.

Awyeah, that's right

Ooh, I really like your cartoony/flat style~ Real elegant and pro looking. I especially love that one with the three guys doing homework (maybe?), it looks like a professional illustration! Gaaah everyone with an awesome style makes me sooo jealous. Not liek I'm totally not in love with your other style too, but the skin colors seem to be a bit gray to me, not sure if intentional.

And yeah, I dunno if you've heard this ever but flipping your canvas around, or zooming way way out to thumbnail size really tends to help me with composition (not that I'm a shining example of it or anything.) I'm following you on tumblr too now 8D

Whoa, thanks a ton! That homework drawing's one of my favourites, man.

And I'll definitely be sure to keep those in mind; thanks for the tips!

onward to some of the drawings i did last week

lissa and vaike because I always end up pairing these guys together

BD6viOUCYAAW1cC.png

the first half of a cheesy comic

i messed up on the first guy's anatomy lolsob

tumblr_mig12wjx431qdupl2o2_r1_1280.png

a bar scene with label-free bottles!

i've never been to a bar before

like_a_new_york_cab_yo_by_sir_erdgeist-d5vrigc.png

This is so... interesting...

It's so gross and creepy. Like, creepier than it has any reason to be. That's not a bad thing! I love it! They grew on me more as I scrolled down.

i_don_t_even_know_what_this_is_supposed_to_be_by_sir_erdgeist-d5t730d.png

IT WANTS TO CONSUME ME

I really, really liek the illustration and flat looks of your second style.

It's so pleasant to look at because of the gradients and colours, and then the flatness and sharp angles is a good contrast of simplicity to it.

This is so... interesting...

It's so gross and creepy. Like, creepier than it has any reason to be. That's not a bad thing! I love it! They grew on me more as I scrolled down.

Uh, thanks, I think? lol

I really, really liek the illustration and flat looks of your second style.

It's so pleasant to look at because of the gradients and colours, and then the flatness and sharp angles is a good contrast of simplicity to it.

Why thank you! I hadn't thought of it that way before; I should draw in this secondary style more often for sure, then!

My usual shading style is starting to bleed into it, though I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing yet!

Next up: cheering my favourite hockey team on 'cause we go nuts every time they score!

Not really satisfied with how the shading turned out, but it was good practice for poses and different lighting

watching_the_game_by_sir_erdgeist-d5wfsg9.png

Boo, Edmonton, booooooo, go Ottawa!

Still looks great, man! I've gotta echo what people have said about the sharp lines, really neat to look at.

lmao I SEE HOW IT IS go oilers gooooo!!

But thanks, dude! Come to think of it, most of even my primary style stuff has sharp lines. I was kinda worried about it for awhile since i don't usually see sharp lines to this extent in other people's stuff, but I'm glad it's kind of okay like that!

Random colouring practice 'cause I felt like drawing Owain with freckles!

I still hate drawing/colouring his hair though like man how does his hairline even work

mister_owain_by_sir_erdgeist-d5wvm02.png

Basically just alternating between my two styles every time I post something new

Drew my lineplay avatar dude, Cassidy. thug lyfe--

Now I have like three different characters with a mole in the exact same spot

This is also my first-ever attempt at graffiti-style writing! It was pretty fun.

thug_lyfe_by_sir_erdgeist-d5x76u2.png

Uh, thanks, I think? lol

Reading my statement back to myself it doesn't sound like a very nice compliment. That wasn't my intention!

*note to self, don't use the word 'creepy' in a compliment ever again*

That's probably not what you were going with most of them I guess. Maybe foreign would be a better word to describe it? Unique? Strange? STRANGE IS GOOD IN THIS CASE AND I MEAN IT ONLY AS A COMPLIMENT

whyfrecklewain

These are stylistic bombshells. I am thoroughly impressed. *Followed

Whoa, thanks a bunch, dude! I'm hoping to keep developing both styles!

Reading my statement back to myself it doesn't sound like a very nice compliment. That wasn't my intention!

*note to self, don't use the word 'creepy' in a compliment ever again*

That's probably not what you were going with most of them I guess. Maybe foreign would be a better word to describe it? Unique? Strange? STRANGE IS GOOD IN THIS CASE AND I MEAN IT ONLY AS A COMPLIMENT

whyfrecklewain

I'm just gonna...go with 'unique' LOL

I'm glad you find my drawings strange/interesting, aha Better than boring!

As for why frecklwain

why NOT (it's actually because i just like drawing freckles)

But alas! Since this is the last post of the first page (I think), I'll just

leave some quickies here

A random sketch comic concerning my paranoia whenever i'm lurking my dash and see someone i know ranting about some bad trait of some unnamed person

If you were curious, this is basically what both my secondary and primary styles look like right before I colour them! My lines are...kinda clean....enough.........

tumblr_mjd8e6kJrX1qdupl2o1_1280.png

one of those pageview catch drawings for dA

Someone else's OC!

tumblr_mjdmbwNW6n1qdupl2o1_400.png

another pageview catch thing for dA. this was from last week, actually, haha. yeah i drew the other two drawings today

Speedwagon from JJBA!

tumblr_mit8ufYnZ41qdupl2o1_1280.png

technically three different styles in one post

fun stuff

Edited by Erdgeist

Oh man, I really like your lineart too, and the use of colours in your shading. I think in that last one he might be losing a little too much in the legs, with them both feet pointed exactly the same way, but I love the top half! crop it at the waist? XD

That Speedwagon is NICE. Think you could do the rest of the JJBA cast like that?

Oh man, I really like your lineart too, and the use of colours in your shading. I think in that last one he might be losing a little too much in the legs, with them both feet pointed exactly the same way, but I love the top half! crop it at the waist? XD

Ooh, gotcha; thanks for the tip! YOU CAN TELL I HATE DRAWING THE LOWER BODY--

I'll see what i can do for next time! And thanks, man!

That Speedwagon is NICE. Think you could do the rest of the JJBA cast like that?

Thanks a bunch! I'll probably draw some more of 'em eventually; is anyone in particular popular? (i haven't watched much past the first two episodes yet lolsob)

I think I'm starting to get this tendency to do really long pictures

which can be seen

in the two drawings below that I did yesterday and today

random swimming anime au

i_ll_tell_you_what_makes_you_and_i_the_same_by_sir_erdgeist-d5xn5jb.png

a birthday drawing for a friend of her OC! i just realised there should be more shadow where they come out from under the guy/pumpkins, but I'm otherwise kind of happy with how this turned out!

pumpkins_by_sir_erdgeist-d5xqgy0.png

Dio/Jotaro are popular (obviously). Dunno what the consensus is on Polnareff. I wouldn't mind seeing Kakyoin just because I think his body type and your art style would match.

Oh, and Iggy. :P:

I am in LOVE with this style, it's great! You're fantastic with colors and lighting, too.smile.gif

Just from what i see here, maybe you should try drawing girls more?