Some Wild Sketches Appeared!

TheBro

'Sup guys! I guess I"ll just post my stuff here, lol.

I'll update as I go along; my primary style's especially heavily experimental atm, but I'm hoping to keep improving at both!

Edited by TheBro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your style is really slick. I'm really digging the sharp edges and gradients. It's definitely got a graphic, magazine slickness to the presentation.

Oh wow! Thanks a bunch!

Sharp edges and angles are definitely my thing; my secondary style was actually heavily influenced by a lot of magazine illustrations!

(rather liking your FE designs btw!)

On 2/8/2013 at 12:51 AM, Thor Odinson said:

What's with the influx of good artists recently?

No complaints from me, though. And I really like your style.

Dang, thanks, man! 'Good artist'-- I like the sound of that!

I rather like your neat style, too!

Randomly drew something today

Edited by TheBro

On 2/10/2013 at 11:04 PM, kdanger said:

holy coloring styles batman

*adds to collection of tumblrs*

Really liking the clean edges on everything too. (gauh I'm so inarticulate when it comes to describing multiple things I like about an art)

Whoa, thank you! I hadn't really noticed the clean edge aspect before, actually-- neat!

I'm glad you like it!

On 2/10/2013 at 11:07 PM, Samias said:

I saw this on tumblr too, and I think it's great. I love the hardedged shapes, and I particularly like the dynamic going on here with the three characters.

Thanks, man! Drawing more than one person in a picture is relatively rare for me, so that's awesome that they looked like they were kind of believably interacting!

Edited by TheBro

Ooh, I really like your cartoony/flat style~ Real elegant and pro looking. I especially love that one with the three guys doing homework (maybe?), it looks like a professional illustration! Gaaah everyone with an awesome style makes me sooo jealous. Not liek I'm totally not in love with your other style too, but the skin colors seem to be a bit gray to me, not sure if intentional.

And yeah, I dunno if you've heard this ever but flipping your canvas around, or zooming way way out to thumbnail size really tends to help me with composition (not that I'm a shining example of it or anything.) I'm following you on tumblr too now 8D

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2013 at 4:20 AM, Agro said:

so it's like fatal attraction

but with gay lovers

i fucking love it.

Awyeah, that's right

On 2/14/2013 at 1:31 PM, Mewiyev said:

Ooh, I really like your cartoony/flat style~ Real elegant and pro looking. I especially love that one with the three guys doing homework (maybe?), it looks like a professional illustration! Gaaah everyone with an awesome style makes me sooo jealous. Not liek I'm totally not in love with your other style too, but the skin colors seem to be a bit gray to me, not sure if intentional.

And yeah, I dunno if you've heard this ever but flipping your canvas around, or zooming way way out to thumbnail size really tends to help me with composition (not that I'm a shining example of it or anything.) I'm following you on tumblr too now 8D

Whoa, thanks a ton! That homework drawing's one of my favourites, man.

And I'll definitely be sure to keep those in mind; thanks for the tips!

onward to some of the drawings i did last week

Edited by TheBro

I really, really liek the illustration and flat looks of your second style.

It's so pleasant to look at because of the gradients and colours, and then the flatness and sharp angles is a good contrast of simplicity to it.

On 3/1/2013 at 1:24 PM, Prax said:

I really, really liek the illustration and flat looks of your second style.

It's so pleasant to look at because of the gradients and colours, and then the flatness and sharp angles is a good contrast of simplicity to it.

Why thank you! I hadn't thought of it that way before; I should draw in this style more often for sure, then!

My usual shading style is starting to bleed into it, though I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing yet!

Edited by TheBro

On 3/1/2013 at 7:26 PM, seph1212 said:

Boo, Edmonton, booooooo, go Ottawa!

Still looks great, man! I've gotta echo what people have said about the sharp lines, really neat to look at.

lmao I SEE HOW IT IS go oilers gooooo!!

But thanks, dude! Come to think of it, most of even my primary style stuff has sharp lines. I was kinda worried about it for awhile since i don't usually see sharp lines to this extent in other people's stuff, but I'm glad it's kind of okay like that!

Edited by TheBro

Uh, thanks, I think? lol

Reading my statement back to myself it doesn't sound like a very nice compliment. That wasn't my intention!

*note to self, don't use the word 'creepy' in a compliment ever again*

That's probably not what you were going with most of them I guess. Maybe foreign would be a better word to describe it? Unique? Strange? STRANGE IS GOOD IN THIS CASE AND I MEAN IT ONLY AS A COMPLIMENT

whyfrecklewain

On 3/6/2013 at 8:45 PM, Cucco Jump said:

These are stylistic bombshells. I am thoroughly impressed. *Followed

Whoa, thanks a bunch, dude! I'm hoping to keep!

Edited by TheBro

Oh man, I really like your lineart too, and the use of colours in your shading. I think in that last one he might be losing a little too much in the legs, with them both feet pointed exactly the same way, but I love the top half! crop it at the waist? XD

On 3/8/2013 at 10:41 PM, Samias said:

Oh man, I really like your lineart too, and the use of colours in your shading. I think in that last one he might be losing a little too much in the legs, with them both feet pointed exactly the same way, but I love the top half! crop it at the waist? XD

Ooh, gotcha; thanks for the tip! YOU CAN TELL I HATE DRAWING THE LOWER BODY--

I'll see what i can do for next time! And thanks, man!

On 3/9/2013 at 12:17 PM, eclipse said:

That Speedwagon is NICE. Think you could do the rest of the JJBA cast like that?

Thanks a bunch! I'll probably draw some more of 'em eventually; is anyone in particular popular? (i haven't watched much past the first two episodes yet)

Edited by TheBro

Dio/Jotaro are popular (obviously). Dunno what the consensus is on Polnareff. I wouldn't mind seeing Kakyoin just because I think his body type and your art style would match.

Oh, and Iggy. :P: