If you could change one thing about Awakening, what would it be?

Wander

1) Second Seals available earlier

2) Choose Morgan's name

3) Command allies to avoid/target enemies

4) Repair and combine weapons

5) Supports for DLC units

6) Unique models for DLC units

7) Weakness-nullifying item (Full Guard)

8) More victory conditions

9) Speed advantage of +6 to double attack, rather than +5

lol) Feet

Edited by Wyvern Mage

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the 3D models for the characters, their feet are not very defined, and thus it looks as if the characters have no feet on their models at all. The feet don't appear to stick out at all.

Give Nowi some fucking clothes. Seriously, isn't the generic Manakete battle model used by her, Nah and SpotPass!Tiki properly clothed anyway? That just makes whatever they were trying to pull with her artwork even stupider than it already was.

Give Nowi some fucking clothes. Seriously, isn't the generic Manakete battle model used by her, Nah and SpotPass!Tiki properly clothed anyway? That just makes whatever they were trying to pull with her artwork even stupider than it already was.

Or Nowi's adorable outfit could just be a silly joke. o3o

You mean Merging items isn't possible? That blew my mind in the DS games. :(

Merging items is possible, it's just done differently than Shadow Dragon. Selecting 'Restock' on a character's weapon will drain uses of an identical weapon in your Convoy. It's a really handy feature, because it means you can keep all your normal weapons topped up while only buying one of each those weapons at a time.

Speaking of item management though:

I'd clean up the item management interface. It's a mess.

Its not just a mess, it's practically counter-intuitive, though I'm glad I'm not the only person kind of frustrated about it. For example, to trade items you now select the character you want to trade to, select an empty slot in their inventory, and then find the item on a list. I mean, what the hell is that? Also, 'Equip' should always be the top option, because that way accidentally selecting because you were mashing A doesn't waste any more time than it should. The new item management menus are likely my absolute least favourite things in the game.

IDK, honestly I don't find the inventory interface to be that bad. I mainly just miss being able to call up two characters on screen and trade between them like you would in battle.

Overall it's really hard for me to think of anything that hasn't been said here already. I will say though that the plot in this game is really really dense and it feels like it could use some more chapters to space it out. Yeah I always want more and longer chapters anyway because I'm a masochist or something. Like, the "Premonition" is... certainly a unique story-telling device, and then like every other chapter after that you get hit with yet another major plot revelation. It makes the Elibe setting seem positively placid by comparison... compare to Blazing Sword, where Nergal's name gets whispered finally in Ch. 7 and is pretty much completely forgettable.

Also it'd be nice to see more minor characters involved in the story... like, they all seem to have plot armour anyway (do death quotes vary between Classic and Casual btw?). And since the "strengthen your bonds" theme is so prevalent in the gameplay, it'd be nice to see it more in the storyline - I mean, shown rather than told: in the story, everyone says stuff that alludes to how important it is, but like... how about if the story goes a bit differently depending on whether Chrom's marriage was earned (i.e. he actually got to S in time)? Or having interruptions that change if you have certain other married couples.

Oh, and I think I'd prefer it if supports/pair up mattered less than they do to hit rates, and WTA/WTD mattered more. I mean, the weapon triangle is already diluted by Risen anyway (at least it's not as severe as in Sacred Stones, since you rarely fight Risen outside of skirmishes after the first time), as well as by not having a magic triangle (which I agree wouldn't really fit the game flavour).

You mean Merging items isn't possible? That blew my mind in the DS games. :(

It is, just not for forged weapons.

No, it isn't. Nah uses her own model. Young Tiki uses Nowi's for battle, and it looks fucking weird.

Make the gender-based classes not gender based.

I don't want to have to use male MU to go Berserker.

That would be nice.

Making Lon'qu a Pegasus Knight would be hilarious.

No, it isn't. Nah uses her own model. Young Tiki uses Nowi's for battle, and it looks fucking weird.

Nah's should have been the default model. >_>

I'd clean up the item management interface. It's a mess.

Yeah. Its kinda out there and not what im used to so im all "O_o" half the time.

Give mounted units a form of canto. At least after doing a mundane task like using an item or talking. D:

Personally, I would be happy to never see mounted units moving after their actions again. I mean, they already have greater movement than almost everything, why not give them the same limits as lower movement classes? If anything, the only ones that should have the ability from the start are the units with lesser movements. They're the ones that need it to keep up, after all.

That wasn't on topic at all, so I'll list some things I would like changed.

-Full voice acting. I know, they actually went with the style the game uses on purpose, because they felt it fit the game better, but in a future game, somewhere down the line, I'd like to see full voice acting.

-Slightly better battle scenes, specifically the Dual Guard. I mean, it's fine the way it is, and doesn't really need changed, but it would be a bit better if they didn't sort of slam into the person they're guarding and send that person spiraling away. Er, that's what it looks like to me, I'm probably just imagining things.

-This may sound odd, but maybe make the Avatar a bit weaker, overall. I mean, s\he is broken in about six different ways. Removing something or other wouldn't be so bad.

-Probably as strange as the above, but, remove the ability for spotpass and DLC characters to reclass to anything. Give them three or four classes based on their personality and make the stick to that.

-Make many, many more difficulty settings, and open up a Plus option on all of them. That way, you could go with "Maniac Casual Plus", and other weird combinations. This is the only one of these suggestions I would actually pick to change if I could. The game is pretty much fine as it is, and the rest is just me being unpleaseable (Is that even a word?)