If you could change one thing about Awakening, what would it be?

Wander

1. Make DLC characters have supports with each other. (For some reason have always wanted to see how Leif and Roy would interact with each other)

2. Give the DLC characters unique models. (Only Marth has one)

3. Have the Avatar's Wife/Husband play a larger role in the story

4. Give more of the characters a speaking role. (If they die/haven't been recruited have Chrom, The Avatar, Frederick, Lucina, or Lissa say their lines instead, just change them to be in character)

5. Have Chrom's wife play a larger role in the story.

6. Give the men that aren't Chrom or the male Avatar children linked to them as well.

That's everything I can think of that I would want changed right now. I'll post more if I think of anything else I would like changed.

Edited by Zelos

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking of so many things I'd change. :\

Goal variety. I mean, jeez, most of what I think this game is is "Defeat the Commander" and "Rout the Enemy". Give us some seize, or some "Protect (character) for (x) amount of turns."

Probably replace Sumia's Cleric class with the Myrmidon class.

Oh! And replace Florina with Ninian. And maybe replace Thany, Lou, or Ray with Idun.

Can't think of anything major ATM.

Edited by Little Al

Is it really unique though? It looks incredibly similar to Masked Marth without the mask.

Ok, it's not truly unique, but it is a lot less generic than the other DLC models, plus it looks more like his design than most of the other DLC characters. (Roy's DLC model is pretty close to his design as well since it was designed after the generic mercenary, but is lacking the headband and cape.)

Edited by Zelos

Goal variety. I mean, jeez, most of what I think this game is is "Defeat the Commander" and "Rout the Enemy". Give us some seize, or some "Protect (character) for (x) amount of turns."

Have to agree with this one. The lack of any real goal variety in this game is the only real flaw to me.

Give the DLC characters unique models. (Only Marth has one)

That's not true either. DLC Marth uses a certain main character's model.

Ok, it's not truly unique, but it is a lot less generic than the other DLC models, plus it looks more like his design than most of the other DLC characters. (Roy's DLC model is pretty close to his design as well since it was designed after the generic mercenary, but is lacking the headband and cape.)

As in all of the DLC characters uses a reclassed MU model. Except for the Bride and Demon Fighter classes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

As in all of the DLC characters uses a reclassed MU model. Except for the Bride and Demon Fighter classes.

Yeah I know that, but I was saying I felt it worked alright for Roy because his Awakening redesign is basically a generic mercenary with a few things added on to it.

This is one of the biggest things I noticed, meant to put it in the OP. It was one of the things I hated about SD too.

The maps are much better in this game so it's not as big a problem, but I wish there'd been something other than those two for sure.

There's no significant difference between Seize and Defeat Boss.

Usually, no, though it could be if they wanted to.

I think the decision to avoid Seize missions is to make it more of a challenge to grab all the goodies - I've had a map or two where I wasn't able to grab one of the sparklies before I accidentally defeated everyone, and I've compromised good tactics more than once in hopes that one of those spots will give me another Micaiah's Pyre or Katarina's Bolt or similar awesome goodie.

Feet

Permanent fast-forward option

Some stuff locked on Lunatic and Lunatic+ (especially drastically increased Nosferatu prices)

Some reclass changes (Cherche, Donnel, Libra)

Edited by Othin

I'd redesign so many of the female unit's outfits, zettai ryouiki is fine, but freakin garterbelts, what the fuck

I'd change Pair Up a bit so that both units will always fight. Sometimes it feels so random on whether or not the partner will attack too. "OTL

Also, I too wish Avatar's husband/waifu played a larger role in the story. And I wish Morgan could be renamed. >n> Nothing against the name "Morgan", but it's silly that we can name our player character, but NOT our child.

One more thing, I wish the "young" voices for male and female avatars weren't taken out. >> In my boy Avatar file, I'm using the "youngest" model, but none of the voices match his appearance. I have to pretend his voice was irreversibly cursed. "OTL It should give you that voice option if you switched the voices to Japanese. Blah...

One more thing, I wish the "young" voices for male and female avatars weren't taken out. >> In my boy Avatar file, I'm using the "youngest" model, but none of the voices match his appearance. I have to pretend his voice was irreversibly cursed. "OTL It should give you that voice option if you switched the voices to Japanese. Blah...

Oh yeah. I was rather disappointed by the lack of young sounding voices for the Avatar so just making them look young and sound older seems very odd.

FEET

more objectives (like defend and stuff, RD in particular had some interesting ones burn all the crates)

If Morgan was born a Taguel or Manakete I's give him/her the bunny/dragon ears.

pretty sure Manakete Morgan has to be female (Yarne is there for male Taguel Morgan though lmao)

Edited by shadykid

The thing I would change is to change everyones character's art and models so that:

-everyone gets proper footwear (so not like the Pegasus Knights or Panne or everyone who uses those wired sock-sandal thingies)

-in particular, no one wears high heels! ...except maybe Anna (so not like pretty much everyone outside of Thracia)

-there are no formfitting breast plates (so not like all the Pegasus Knights)

-female characters have no skimpy custom versions of an existing armor of a male character (so not like Sully compared to Stahl)

-nobody with armor or Emmeryn has bare legs (Again, Pegasus)

-nobody wears armor that emphasizes cleavage (Dark Pegasus)

-the negligee of the Dark Mages is replaced with something easier on the eyes

-Nowi gets a wardrobe change clothes

-Cellica gets aged up

Also, My Unit would be excluded from all of these things, as long as those designs take the form of entirely optional customization options.

Oh, and weapons would look a bit more like proper weapons (so not like Sumia's spear or the new Falchion)

Edited by BrightBow

The thing I would change is to change everyones character's art and models so that:

-everyone gets proper footwear (so not like the Pegasus Knights or Panne or everyone who uses those wired sock-sandal thingies)

-in particular, no one wears high heels! ...except maybe Anna (so not like pretty much everyone outside of Thracia)

-there are no formfitting breast plates (so not like all the Pegasus Knights)

-female characters have no skimpy custom versions of an existing armor of a male character (so not like Sully compared to Stahl)

-nobody with armor or Emmeryn has bare legs (Again, Pegasus)

-nobody wears armor that emphasizes cleavage (Dark Pegasus)

-the negligee of the Dark Mages is replaced with something easier on the eyes

-Nowi gets a wardrobe change clothes

-Cellica gets aged up

Also, My Unit would be excluded from all of these things, as long as those designs take the form of entirely optional customization options.

Oh, and weapons would look a bit more like proper weapons (so not like Sumia's spear or the new Falchion)

I'm still waiting for a knight that actually looks right. Not a single FE has armour design right, so I'm not about to start blaming this one. (Except sorcerers)

EDIT: Still trying to get forum features down, removed image.

Edited by Knight

I'm still waiting for a knight that actually looks right. Not a single FE has armour design right, so I'm not about to start blaming this one. (Except sorcerers)

EDIT: Still trying to get forum features down, removed image.

You sound like I want realistic armor. These changes above would merely create some consistency between the male and female designs. None of these changes would even affect a male character. (Except sorcerers :D: )

And there has to be some room between fighting in entirely realistic armor or in bridal gear. In my case, I just prefer the side of that scale that doesn't have high heels.

Edited by BrightBow