If you could change one thing about Awakening, what would it be?

Wander

-Full voice acting. I know, they actually went with the style the game uses on purpose, because they felt it fit the game better, but in a future game, somewhere down the line, I'd like to see full voice acting.

The amount of voice acting we do see is quite the leap for the series. So i think it can only go up from here. (What i want is fully animated portraits. What i mean is: 2D portraits like always but fully animated. They are definitely stepping up with the portraits changing expressions though.) The crit animation thing is fantastic.

-Slightly better battle scenes, specifically the Dual Guard. I mean, it's fine the way it is, and doesn't really need changed, but it would be a bit better if they didn't sort of slam into the person they're guarding and send that person spiraling away. Er, that's what it looks like to me, I'm probably just imagining things.

You do know you can change the angle of battle scenes, right? But i actually see more of Unit A grabs Unit B and blocks the attack for them instead of Unit A shoves Unit B away. So huh...

Wait...is Hard Casual possible?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of voice acting we do see is quite the leap for the series. So i think it can only go up from here. (What i want is fully animated portraits. What i mean is: 2D portraits like always but fully animated. They are definitely stepping up with the portraits changing expressions though.) The crit animation thing is fantastic.

You do know you can change the angle of battle scenes, right? But i actually see more of Unit A grabs Unit B and blocks the attack for them instead of Unit A shoves Unit B away. So huh...

Wait...is Hard Casual possible?

I know there's a ton of voice acting, and asking for anything more is just plain selfish, but this is a hypothetical topic, so I may as well be selfish, right? Also, yeah, animated portraits would be neat.

I actually don't really know how the camera stuff works. I've only been able to see what people use in their videos. If changing the angle gets rid of the thing I find slightly weird, I'll consider doing it, but it doesn't bother me too much anyway. (Mostly, I find it odd when a mounted units Guards someone. It looks kind of like the horse\pegasus\dragon and the person being guarded occupy the same space.)

Casual can be used with any difficulty setting. Normal, Hard, Lunatic, Lunatic Plus, and all the others, too.

Omg...Hard/Lunatic Casual. Wut. My mind. It is blown. Im pretty rubbish at higher difficulties, and the idea of Casual mode was like all sorts of wut. But...thats a thing and i might try it to ease my way into harder modes....

As for the Camera modes. In a battle scene, on the touch screen, you will see a series of buttons. One is a camera icon with AUTO under it. One is two figures with swords. One is an eye. The AUTO one just sort of pans around the unit(s) during battle and it looks a lot like the RD style scenes, but it pans around more. The fighting icon is a fixed view of the unit(s) and the enemy. Its a more "classic" view. The eye one is wonky and kinda awesome. You click that during a fight and you will see the action from the unit's point of view!

Only thing that even slightly bothers me is no support conversations for DLC characters. Other than that, no real complaints. Well, I guess it sucks that I can't play it at work. :)

If looked at in the bigger context - you're just summoning their spirit, which has been weakened over thousands of years in alternative realms, therefore giving people only a glimpse into what they used to be - then I actually prefer it this way.

Also remember that you can summon back any killed off DLC characters.

Thief can steal !

Berserker can swim !

Swordmasters have high critical rate !

Remove Noseferatu !

A online mode

Also, I don't like Dual attack and dual guard to be % based, with mastery skills and critical hit, there is too much randomness.

-Full voice acting. I know, they actually went with the style the game uses on purpose, because they felt it fit the game better, but in a future game, somewhere down the line, I'd like to see full voice acting.

You have to consider that they have your inputted name in the majority of the script.

That's kind of an issue.

Also, I don't like Dual attack and dual guard to be % based, with mastery skills and critical hit, there is too much randomness.

Oh no, how DARE they use yet another mechanic to use the RNG.

I have a great idea. Let's have staves be able to miss like in FE5.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You have to consider that they have your inputted name in the majority of the script.

That's kind of an issue.

True. I'd forgotten you could name yourself. I'm dumb.

Okay then, they could always just use silence for your name. Or call you by a title. Although it would be weird for your husband\wife\child to call you "Avatar" or something...

You know what? It's probably better the way it is.

Maybe if they decide to make a game down the line that doesn't include a creatable character?

And missing staves are the best! They should totally bring those back!

They could go the route of P3P, where basically they word the lines so when two characters are talking about you, they talk about you by calling you he/she, or give you nicknames, and when addressing you directly, the lines are worded so it won't sound awkward if your name isn't included.

They could go the route of P3P, where basically they word the lines so when two characters are talking about you, they talk about you by calling you he/she, or give you nicknames, and when addressing you directly, the lines are worded so it won't sound awkward if your name isn't included.

Neverwinter Nights did a similar thing by simply omitting the main character's name in the voice acting, but keeping it in the text.

or just do an ME3 and call the main character Shepherd

"my name is shepherd"

"oh we're shepherds too lul"

PvP No, not 5 v 5s like in SD either. Full on battles. Hell maybe even 30 v 30.

FLASHIER CRITS AND SKILLS

FLASHIER High-End Spells (Rexcalibur should have Rexcalibur's animation. The Holy Spells should be on par with Rexbolt for animations.)

FEET.

Enemies should use Pair Up, Dual Strike, Support Block.

Spotpass/DLC characters with Supports.

And what would you suggest otherwise? Dual guard to always activate which would render your units invincible? huh.gif

I get what he's saying, and it's an annoyance for me as well: when I'm setting someone up for a kill to get a weaker character some XP, the last think I need is for dual attack to come into play. If I think I'm getting someone down to 2HP to get, say, Donnel a kill, it screws me up when that second attack hits.

Also, I wouldn't mind, if I'm adjacant to multiple characters, selecting which ones I can support with.

1. Same Sex Marriage - Really got excited for that in this game before the Japanese release, and while I love this game, I really would love that..or at least romantic relationships.

2. Light Magic - Not a huge deal, but it really bugs me on Spotpass and DLC Characters like Micaiah, who end up being a Dark Mage. Just kinda bothers me, and I also like Bishops, don't really know why.

3. DLC's getting custom model - I get why Spotpass don't and thats fine, but since we have to PAY for DLC, the least they could do is make it so I can't just make a MU to look like one..

Otherwise, I adore this game laugh.gif

1 - The pre-battle conversations, like in FE12, FE9 and FE10. I liked that.

2 - Some characters could get more screen time. For example, you go to Tiki to unite the people there, but she never says anything against Validar or Walhart for example. She's also daughter of Naga and don't say anything when we meet her. Tharja joins in pretty much the same chapter someone important dies and nobody ever questions her.

3 - An Iote´s Shield or Full Guard is really missing here.

4 - Paid DLC characters should definitely have an unique model...wtf... now i'm really considering if i'm going to buy them all...

5 - Yea, wife/husband/children should have more scenes with MU on certain moments ( Validar, Grima, final choice, etc ).

6 - Give Nowi some proper boobs, like Tiki's!

7 - More victory conditions other than Rout Enemy and Kill Commander.

There really isn't any point to having an Iote's shield in-game when there already is the Iote's Shield skill available in DLC. Now, if there was at least one copy of the skill itself in-game, then that would be more understandable.

I guess another thing for me is maybe replacing Chrom's support with Olivia with someone else that comes in earlier. I mean...I dunno. I haven't read it yet, but it seems really bad that he would be able to support and marry someone that comes in SO late and immediately before the timeskip compared to the rest of your female units. I mean, you can't even read a support with her before he marries her if you go that route, I think.

Speaking of Olivia...can you even get her support conversations at all after Chrom marries her? Or are they just unlocked automatically after Chrom gets hitched with her?

Edited by Dai

1. Same Sex Marriage - Really got excited for that in this game before the Japanese release, and while I love this game, I really would love that..or at least romantic relationships.

Japan's society is less... tolerant on being open about those things. Despite the amount of Yaoi and Yuri out there, their society is more "keep it to yourself". As in, "you can both enjoy yourselves as much as you want, but keep it to yourself." So I doubt Nintendo was gonna do that to a first-party title.

Here's what I say about those options in games:

1. If they're in there, they're in there. Don't make a big deal out of it.

2. If they're NOT there, don't be disappointed that it's not included.

I don't like shitstorms, despite the fact that I might unintentionally start one posting my opinion about this.

Speaking of Olivia...can you even get her support conversations at all after Chrom marries her? Or are they just unlocked automatically after Chrom gets hitched with her?

Automatically unlocked in the Support Library after you beat the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Add more emphasis on the characters to the story.

I like all the characters, the story is good, but it's all lacking... something. I like the support conversations between characters, but other than that almost all of them have no real relevance to the story. You have your very small main cast, the rest of the characters are either only important for one chapter or not at all.