The Lunatic Club

Shinori

[...] which due to its obvious lack of effort was not at the cost of anything else?

I hope that's not a serious assertion. Things that seem simple to outsiders can consume a lot of man-hours under the surface. Whatever meager design, analysis, development, and testing resources were directed at this stupid mode, couldn't be used elsewhere. We already know that the team went flat-out trying to get as many cool things implemented as they reasonably could. Awakening isn't some hobby project of a bored teenager.

So guys, how do you reliably take down Ch2 again? I'm quite stuck and the closest thing to success I can stumble to is having Frederick!Vaike storm northwest a bit to draw attention while moving my team towards the western mountain range, and building a 3-unit high wall under the right side of the Mts...which isn't working all that well really.

I tackled Ch.2 by re-doing the two previous chapters and spending more effort getting kills into Avatar. Ch.2 became a lot easier when I could just have AvatarxFred go man-mode on everything, while the remaining scrubs played keep-away and focused down stragglers.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that's not a serious assertion. Things that seem simple to outsiders can consume a lot of man-hours under the surface. Whatever meager design, analysis, development, and testing resources were directed at this stupid mode, couldn't be used elsewhere. We already know that the team went flat-out trying to get as many cool things implemented as they reasonably could. Awakening isn't some hobby project of a bored teenager.

They made five skills for a game that already had like 100, and those five skills were just modified versions of old ones.

And the fact that those skills were needed to make the ultimate DLC as great as it is would be enough reason for them to exist even if they didn't have anything more.

so what's the consensus now, is FE12 lunatic harder than FE13 lunatic because of the avatar/chrom pairing?

congrats to you fellows for breaking the game before i even get a 3DS!

Edited by dondon151

Galeforce and unlimited Rescue usage have a lot to do with breaking it as well. Earlygame is fine, but a lot of the later chapters consist of Rescue, Galeforce, and maybe a dance so that Avatar reaches and kills the boss on turn 1. It's like FE11 Warpskip all over again.

They made five skills for a game that already had like 100, and those five skills were just modified versions of old ones.

As if that were the only thing that need be done. Like I said: this isn't some neckbeard scratching an itch on a toy project.

so what's the consensus now, is FE12 lunatic harder than FE13 lunatic because of the avatar/chrom pairing?

congrats to you fellows for breaking the game before i even get a 3DS!

hold up, there's still broken "pray to the RNG goddess" stuff in lunatic+

As if that were the only thing that need be done. Like I said: this isn't some neckbeard scratching an itch on a toy project.

They set up something to randomly select two of them and gave it to every enemy. That is literally the only difference in Lunatic+ compared to Lunatic.

If you have any reason to believe that adding Lunatic+ took up even 0.01% of the time spent on Awakening, you're gonna need to start producing some evidence, buddy.

They set up something to randomly select two of them and gave it to every enemy. That is literally the only difference in Lunatic+ compared to Lunatic.

If you have any reason to believe that adding Lunatic+ took up even 0.01% of the time spent on Awakening, you're gonna need to start producing some evidence, buddy.

i dunno, someone said endgame stats go up on Lunatic+

while i SERIOUSLY DOUBT that (it doesn't look like it, that's for sure), that would be *effort*

don't worry, i'm not buying it either from what i've seen of chapter 23 lunatic+

Edited by shadykid

hold up, there's still broken "pray to the RNG goddess" stuff in lunatic+

there's also "every enemy has vantage+" FE12 lunatic+

something that you would have to reset for a bunch of times is not necessarily more difficult, either

there's also "every enemy has vantage+" FE12 lunatic+

something that you would have to reset for a bunch of times is not necessarily more difficult, either

i know, just screwing around

honestly it seems like it doesn't even approach FE12 in difficulty

Literally. Literally. It was quite fortunate that the idea appeared out of nowhere, nobody had to create any requirements, the framework for another difficulty mode already existed with no adjustment required, and the playtesting was done instantly by a thousand low-wage monkeys banging on a thousand typewriters. In fact, I think that Shouzou Kaga snuck into IS during lunch hour, crapped it out in 15 minutes, and then kekeke'ed out the emergency exit.

the key thing to remember is that when doing any project work, things that seem easy end up taking a lot of time and aren't as easy as they seem to be, and things that seem difficult end up taking a lot of time.

Edited by dondon151

Going back to Hard mode after beating Lunatic makes the game feel super easy. It's tough to believe I had such a difficult time on my first run.

I had a similar feeling when I started my Lunatic run after my Hard Run "What the hell? Was I playing easy mode? Why is this so ridiculous?". I actually didn't have any problem with Hard but Lunatic is driving me crazy, I think it's because I'm not very efficient and don't care about LTC's as long as I win without losing an ally.

Yeah, Dondon, FE12 Lunatic is harder. While I went through Lunatic not nosferatanking and using some other units like Cordelia, Lucina and Panne, at times I felt like I should have just undeploy everyone else and deploy only Chrom and +def Avatar. Because +def Avatar is just that ridiculous. You know how Avatar in FE12 was considered OP? Well, FE13 Avatar is like 10000 times better and I may be underestimating Avatar.

In FE12 Lunatic, you had to have other units cooperate. In FE13, deploying other units is making it harder on yourself.

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

Going back to Hard mode after beating Lunatic makes the game feel super easy. It's tough to believe I had such a difficult time on my first run.

There is a rather substantial knowledge benefit in this game, not too unlike FE10. Once you understand certain things, the game just becomes a lot easier to trivialize. Knowing what's coming, and what's good to use, is a big advantage.

There is a rather substantial knowledge benefit in this game, not too unlike FE10. Once you understand certain things, the game just becomes a lot easier to trivialize. Knowing what's coming, and what's good to use, is a big advantage.

I think a lot of Fire Emblems are like that. It sort of approaches being a puzzle game in some of the entries like FE11, FE12 when it comes to things like blocking Reinforcements and defeating enemies(especially in the case of OHKO's with forged effective weapons).

True, like all FE games. On my first hard run, I wasn't confident about using Pair Up, so I only rarely used it, but I'm totally abusing it now because the loss of an extra action on the player phase is almost always made up by a much superior enemy phase. I thought I would be doing hard mode for my casual runs, but it's only my second hard run and already it's starting to feel too easy.

I also did a normal run, which was just a joke.