The Lunatic Club

Shinori

And if it's the Hammer guy you're worried about, Vaike has enough durability to face tank a hit from him. This should allow luring him in to be blasted by Robin, Miriel and Virion. If that ends up not being enough, Fred can swoop in for the killing blow, thus avoiding counterattack. Then put the Hammer in Fred's hands and Raimi ain't got a chance.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiply that x2.

its a 2HKO on Robin.

Exactly. You can take a hit, and therefore it's possible for Robin to help out in combat if you can limit her to one battle. You're not going to find anyone other than Fred and maybe Vaike who can take more than one hit uninvested, you know.

IIRC if Fred procs speed at least twice he can double some enemies in C3 with a Sumia pair up. Having that option makes it way easier to clear the bottom half of the map out quickly (pretty sure that's actually a ORKO on Archers if you equip Silver Lance) so you're way less prone to getting squished at the start, and after that you can just chokepoint the doors, (although I find that rather uneccessary).

He can also do it with two Spd procs and a C Chrom support (much better odds of DS) or one Spd proc and a C Chrom support with at least 10 Spd on Chrom if need be.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Have Avatar x Lissa walk out on the water on one side and Chrom x Fred walk out on the other- make sure Avatar gets into the Mage's range first (Thunder equipped). Battle the Mage on EP, healing with Vulneraries on PP. Get the KO with Thunder on PP if you have enough HP to risk a miss, or are feeling confident. Then manipulate the positioning of the enemies by moving Avatar and Chrom withing one tile of the shore and back out again until they're in range of Thunder, and blast away for lots of exp.

Yeah, "Put Frederick+Chrom/MU on a fort and pray that I dodge enough Luna's" doesn't qualify as a consistent strategy. A consistent strategy is something along the lines that everything past the first turn needs like an 80% success rate.

I've done it 3 times now on L+ for my 3 different MU load outs (+SKL/-DEF, +MAG/-DEF and +SPD/-DEF)

It's really not impossible, it's definitely not consistent enough for no reset runs, but I don't believe it took more than 10 resets per attempt.

SPD, DEF, HP level ups on Freddy + Chrom C support is really good, assuming you didn't burn all your silver lance uses.

Also any run can go sour by excessive luna+'s, Frederick or beefed up MU.

Lastly the water trick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ci6sd4Spd0

The key thing to abuse here is the AI and how they will attempt to chase you when you are on water, but still able to be hit from land.

Edited by Arky

Oy. I'm finally getting some levels on my characters.... and the levels are HORRIBLE. My normal run must have been blessed or something, as this run no one can get a point of defense without several resets. Last run, if I had a level with only three stat ups it was a poor level. Now I have to fight/reset for 3+ stats a level. If you told me the difficulty level changes the growth rates, I'd believe you at this point.

Incidentally, I tend to ask this every other game or so, but what do you all aim for with levels? Take anything, have a set number of stats, look to develop a weak stat, etc? I tend to value HP, speed, and defense, and like it when I can get two out of three a level.

I've done it 3 times now on L+ for my 3 different MU load outs (+SKL/-DEF, +MAG/-DEF and +SPD/-DEF)

It's really not impossible, it's definitely not consistent enough for no reset runs, but I don't believe it took more than 10 resets per attempt.

Viable =/= consistent.

Whether or not something is consistent is entirely subjective. No matter how happy you are with your Frederick Emblem runs, that will not change whether or not he finds them consistent.

Oy. I'm finally getting some levels on my characters.... and the levels are HORRIBLE. My normal run must have been blessed or something, as this run no one can get a point of defense without several resets. Last run, if I had a level with only three stat ups it was a poor level. Now I have to fight/reset for 3+ stats a level. If you told me the difficulty level changes the growth rates, I'd believe you at this point.

Incidentally, I tend to ask this every other game or so, but what do you all aim for with levels? Take anything, have a set number of stats, look to develop a weak stat, etc? I tend to value HP, speed, and defense, and like it when I can get two out of three a level.

On the one hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Lunatic messes with growths. On the other, most of Awakening's non-HP growths are around 50% so you're just as likely to get blessed as you are to get screwed.

Spd and Def are key. Having good Mag going into Cht.2 helps quite a bit too. Being Str/Lck screwed can change midgame strats but isn't a run killer, and Skl/Res don't really matter.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

C20 is cleared in 6 turns. Hella easy. Like super mega easy. The enemy density is somewhat low and the enemies don't mass aggro at all. Just as I thought, Walhart was even easier because Wolf Berg has bad hit and I have a plethora of amazing swords to spam him with. The chapter was finished with a 9% crit from Chrom. What a way to end it. Here's the update. eclipse sorta fibbed about Wal-mart leaving his throne since you can't pull him from max range you have to actually attack his little squad first. The chapter as a whole is way way easier that C19 because the enemies don't perform an 8 mov zerg rush on you.

Chapter starts with Cherche immediately ORKOing Cervantes with a hammer. Was kind of hilarious. Maribelle rescues her out of the middle of that danger zone. Cordy/Sevvy weaken the warrior, Sumia kills both the lower left side Sage and Warrior. The Falchion sisters tear through a Sage, Warrior, and Hero while being in range of the upper sniper and sage. Morgan weakened the Hero. The displayed hit of these goons was laughable. Even the heroes had a hard time pulling over 50% displayed on Cynthia. Anyway, Robin kills a Hero and Olivia dances Maribelle who uses a fortify to top everyone off for the EP. Sumia was in danger from the upper left sniper in the first group since he dealt 61 damage to her 60 HP. Chrom dual guarded it anyway. Sumia killed the Sniper, upper left sage, and General. Cynthia tears the general, sage, and sniper apart. Turn 2 was funny. I attempted to have Cynthia pull a couple of them but then I realized double galeforce means 3 actions. Falchion sisters moves up a few spaces, gets danced and kills a Hero and General then moves into range of another Hero and general who they kill on EP. Cherche prepares for a glorious hammer time enemy phase and wipes out 4/8 of the bottom row Generals with extreme ease. Quick burn + WTA + her high speed meant she was not gonna die anytime soon. Unfortunately the other 4/8 generals had 1-2 range and Cherche did not flatten them. Everyone else didn't do much. Robin rallied the falchion sisters before they tore a new one into Excellus' group.

Turn 3. Positioning to take on the other half of Excellus' group including Excellus himself. The 4 1-2 range generals get cleaned up, everyone moves up. Enemy phase, Excellus' crew is now cleaned up. Turn 4 was a bit of a waste because I spent it putting Sumia at the edge of Walhart's range. Walhart didn't move.

Blah blah blah reinforcements show up Walhart gets mauled by Chromia and the Falchion sisters then the chapter ends. His hit rates where a joke. Oh and Cordelia kills the thief and takes hit spirit dust. Cherche gets a last minute kill and reaches level 15.

Cherche has learned sword breaker. This is fantastic. Now she can obliterate sword wielders.

Cordelia and Severa are growing nicely.

Everyone got good levels.

Chrom is worrying me. His Str is lacking. My plan is to exploit Wellspring of truth by having a bunch of weak axes and grinding Chrom on the clones. But at the same time Lucina's P. Falchion has Eff damage vs Grime so she and Chrom will both be my Grima slayers. Anna shop spawned with an energy drop which is going to Chrom.

Edit: C21 preview

C21 at a glance: Lol what the fuck is this shit. The swordmasters have 105 hit and 19 Mt on their silvers. The mires have low hit. Rally speed and res will be god here. Shouldn't be too hard. Going to enjoy the enhanced exp from assassins.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

What I did with Wellspring is to actually remove all skills that the enemy can use against you (procs, +stat skills, rallies)

Yeah it sucks to not have Ignis/Luna/Aether etc against your trained enough selves but you still got Dual Strike/Pairup over them and they can't fuck you over by proccing your own Luna back in your face; if anything you can possibly just facetank yourself?

I had to do this with a fully trained team actually since I did a Lunatic nogrind Avatar run and I felt that bringing untrained scrubs in is against the spirit of the run, so it should be easier if you only have to face 2+aversa units who matters, like yeah they had higher stats than me but without skills they can't kill me either so i actually was able to create a bottleneck situation

I usually just bring a staffer to rescue aversa back every time she moves

Edited by Thor Odinson

Any setup is "Possible," I beat Ch2 the first time by getting two strategic dual guards to compensate for my shitty strategy. The reason I didn't do the mindless Freddy+a prayer strat is that no matter how buff Freddy is there are some setups you won't be able to beat. That means you aren't actually figuring out the level, you're just getting lucky.

That's why as far as I'm concerned the water strat is the only consistent way to beat the level, because it isn't reliant on certain enemy skillsets (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48207 if you don't know what I'm talking about). It relies on a turn 1 crit or dual attack but there's no instant reset if X enemies have luna.

Oh, right, Walhart's squaddies ran towards me, so hitting one wasn't a problem (easiest way IMO is to leave someone wounded, so the Physic guy runs forward).

Just how bad is Chrom's Strength?

Currently just started a Lunatic/Classic file, on Ch.2.

Proceeding to cry because RNG just loves to hate me, but it's been oddly fun and very satisfying to beat what I can. It's especially fun to see how wonky the A.I can be. I'm looking at you, 4-Misses-In-A-Row Avatar!

Though trying to get everyone to escape on the first turn is kind of weird and it's rarely consistent, so I always wind up with a Mym or Barb tailing them when they're all far too squishy to really do anything about it. Maybe my issue is keeping them paired up like the dork I am? This is my first time attempting an FE Harddo Modo so

Edited because "it's bee oddly" go me.

Edited by xypher

With the exception of Chrom, Lissa, and Avatar (assuming Defense is less then 10 on each), everyone who you start with on Chapter 2 gives a Defense boost when paired (Miriel doesn't, but she's a non-issue on the first turn). Vaike can't counter-attack, but he can sponge a single hit. Pay attention to who gives what bonuses, and plan accordingly.

When in doubt, give Frederick the Elixir and throw him at the problem (but make sure he doesn't eat more than two or three attacks at a time).

Edited by eclipse

With the exception of Chrom, Lissa, and Avatar (assuming Defense is less then 10 on each), everyone who you start with on Chapter 2 gives a Defense boost when paired (Miriel doesn't, but she's a non-issue on the first turn). Vaike can't counter-attack, but he can sponge a single hit. Pay attention to who gives what bonuses, and plan accordingly.

When in doubt, give Frederick the Elixir and throw him at the problem (but make sure he doesn't eat more than two or three attacks at a time).

Thankfully my Avatar is something akin to a gigantic pile of DEF (thanks to Def Asset) so that's not too bad of an issue. I guess the main issue is the damn Mercs i said mym on accident gg me tend to double whoever they chase, or haxxors their way to the squishiest of my team. Or crit.

I am not an RNG-friendly man.

Pair Freddy with Virion/Sully (depending on his Speed), and throw him at the Mercs. They shouldn't do that much damage to him - between his bases and the bonuses from his buddy, he should be able to tank them. Since you seem to have a tanky Avatar, you can give him one of the other cavs/Virion (if he's not already glued to Freddy), and have him help! Avatar probably won't be able to take as much abuse as Freddy.

FTR, the axe guys scare me the most.

Pair Freddy with Virion/Sully (depending on his Speed), and throw him at the Mercs. They shouldn't do that much damage to him - between his bases and the bonuses from his buddy, he should be able to tank them. Since you seem to have a tanky Avatar, you can give him one of the other cavs/Virion (if he's not already glued to Freddy), and have him help! Avatar probably won't be able to take as much abuse as Freddy.

FTR, the axe guys scare me the most.

I usually have the first wave under control because I hand off the Elixir to Avatar and then pair her with Frederick. The issue is though if I move north and east of the Merc to hit with Thunder, Avatar gets thoroughly wrecked (I'm trying to not rely on Fred too much, which MAY be my issue) but moving north and to the west of the Merc, I get THREE enemies tailing my squishies. Freddy's not good enough to OHKO the Merc either, but I'll see about potential other pairings. Maybe I can sit Avatar with Stahl adjacent to Freddy to give her his Pair-Up boosts on top of Stahl's and reduce potential facings?

EDIT: Axe guys aren't TOO bad if you pull The Swordening act. I found often that getting people equipped with a Bronze Sword significantly helps, since the lance guys don't tend to do too much damage.

EDIT 2: Finished! Did Frederick/Sully and FeMU/Stahl. Kept them next to each other, gave Frederick FeMU's Bronze Sword to fix Axe WTA, RNG played fair. I even managed some TERRIFYINGLY CLOSE scrapes that usually shouldn't be survived haha. I wound up using all three Elixir uses to keep my tanks alive though, which sucks massively.

Edited by xypher

If Avatar is having problems surviving alone, you'll just have to pair with Fred and tank stuff. Stahl can survive a round of combat with a Barb unpaired, Virion can poke anything, Vaike can give good boosts for support units and Chrom/Sully can finish or poke as well- as long as they get a sole enemy they should bbe able to pigpile it just fine.

Trying not to let Fred get kills is good, though definitely use him for support and softening.

If Avatar is having problems surviving alone, you'll just have to pair with Fred and tank stuff. Stahl can survive a round of combat with a Barb unpaired, Virion can poke anything, Vaike can give good boosts for support units and Chrom/Sully can finish or poke as well- as long as they get a sole enemy they should bbe able to pigpile it just fine.

Trying not to let Fred get kills is good, though definitely use him for support and softening.

Yeah, now I'm just trying my hand at Ch.3. Having the pincer attack start is not very fun at all.

Oh, right, Walhart's squaddies ran towards me, so hitting one wasn't a problem (easiest way IMO is to leave someone wounded, so the Physic guy runs forward).Just how bad is Chrom's Strength?

26 Strength at the moment. I've been neglecting his training since Sumia has done so much heavy lifting via dodge tanking. Chrom thinks he is Eirika and loves getting speed and skill. Lucina is shaping up to be the primo Grima slayer anyway. Cynthia and Sumia will be the leads vs Grima. Both of them are well on their way to doubling him.

C21 at a glance: Lol what the fuck is this shit. The swordmasters have 105 hit and 19 Mt on their silvers. The mires have low hit. Rally speed and res will be god here. Shouldn't be too hard. Going to enjoy the enhanced exp from assassins.

Anything the enemy can hack-forge, they will hack-forge (+8 mt, +20 hit). Mire, however, cannot be forged, period. This makes it pretty sad and pathetic unless the enemy is toting Hawkeye with it (Luna+ can't proc with it).

It's like they are all packing Regalia with these dumb forges.

That being said, I may not deploy Olivia on this map. She is simply in too much danger from the Mires. However, my other units don't care

The mire sorcs have 39 Atk, 117 hit.

After rally speed and rally res, here are some of my units after pair up bonuses are applied.

Cherche has 83 avo thanks to quick burn (34% displayed hit). I don't intend to take more than 15 turns for any chapter so Quick Burn is gonna always be active.

Sumia has 92 avo (lol 25% displayed hit) Sumia also has 31 Res and 61 HP. As far as mire is concerned, Sumia is immortal

Cynthia has 98 avo (19% displayed what is this) along with 29 Res.

Morgan only has 65 Avo but after Dragonstone+ she has 32 Res and 50 HP. Lol.

Robin has 74 Avo (43% displayed) and 25 Res. He's safe

Even Maribelle is in a good position. Sure she only has 49 Avo but she also has 31 Res thanks to her time spent as a Valkyrie.

Cordelia is probably the least fortunate, with only 65 Avo and 20 Res she is in some real danger.

I haven't even applied Rally Spectrum or tonics yet. This chapter is gonna make for a good laugh, and here I thought it was gonna be difficult.

Fun fact: Thanks to a combination of Quick Burn and Swordbreaker, Cherche has 100% hit on the Swordmasters. She can ORKO them with a Brave Axe. This is good, as the Swordmasters are probably the most dangerous enemy on the map, with the assassins right after them.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Thank god I have insane amounts of luck, because Lunatic is insane. Playing with +defense -luck Avatar does help a lot though.

Prologue went well enough, Avatar dodging 2 hits at 1 hp (78% and 56%) and get Chrom and Avatar to finish of the last enemies.

Chapter 1: Avatar face tanking with Fred paired up in the fort. Chrom with Lissa get in range of one merc and draw him away and finish him off with the help of Virion the not so useless. The boss isn't too much of a problem with fort giving enough avoid to dodgetank or facetank most of his attacks.

Chapter 2: Pure luck for the Avatar/Fred machine to get up into a forest or fort to fully tank. Took 5 tries to stop a 30% axe from smacking me into kill range. Managed to keep all enemies agro on Avatar except one and manage to give another kill to Chrom. Careful healing up and move onto the bridge with Avatar/virion and Chrom/fred. Goes well enough and pull both back to the forts for added defence. Wait, whats that over ther? The boss moves into range and kills Chrom instantly. Welp :/

Chapter 2, take 2: Same strategy as before make it up to the bridge, Chrom and Avatar blocking the bridge. Chrom take 11 damage from a merc. Thankfully no other enemies can hit him so he'll be fine right? Nope, instead Chrom decided this would be a great time for a crit and oneshots the merc so somebody else can come kill him. In other news, Chrom is now banned from fighting anything.

Edited by zerosabers