The Lunatic Club

Shinori

It'll mellow out post-C4, since you should have some supports and your units should be stronger. C2 seems to be the bane of everyone's existence.

It's important to establish who you have long term plans for. Giving exp to everyone will only result in a bunch of weak units.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll mellow out post-C4, since you should have some supports and your units should be stronger. C2 seems to be the bane of everyone's existence.

It's important to establish who you have long term plans for. Giving exp to everyone will only result in a bunch of weak units.

C2 is mostly difficult from the massive rush of enemies, and if you don't have a strong tank to stop them they're just going to bulldoze over you're team and slaughter you. I did manage to beat it with the strategy of let Avatar/Fred pair kill everything. Seriously the stats on lunatic are crazy, it took Mirial and Virion, to lower him enough for Chrom to one shot him. To make it worse he could double everybody on my team. What units do you suggest focusing on? I'm mostly give all the xp to the Avatar right now.

Robin is generally the best investment. After chapter 6, you should have some opportunity to train up a couple units. It shouldn't really matter which ones you choose, so long as you funnel the experience into them, since you're really just trying to catch them up in raw stats and everyone other than Robin and maybe Fred will have pretty poor stats. Some popular choices are Panne, Nowi, Sumia or Cordelia.

During Cht.3-6, you should focus on Avatar and one other unit- usually Miriel or Sumia. Chrom can help out when possible but not be prioritized. Lissa should get as much exp as she can, and Maribelle as well if you want two healers or get an early MS for Lissa. During Cht.7-11, focus on Chrom, your second unit from earlygame, and take one or two more- enough for ~3 parent pairs. Cordelia and Nowi make very good choices for wives for Avatar and can otherwise make good use of Fred/Vaike supports, and Panne is also a strong choice (but not for Avatar). Gregor is an excellent drop-in husband for Miriel and gains Nowi support quickly if you just want early Second Seals, and Libra's staves make building support easy and his bases work nicely with Lissa/Maribelle if you want to get one of their children. Chrom's training is particularly good in Cht.7, Cordelia's in Cht.8 and Nowi's in Cht.10. If you use Panne, make sure to save a Seal for her to get to Wyvern Rider (sell her Beaststone once you're done with it). If you use Nowi, make sure to buy her a Dragonstone+ from Spotpass Tiki and save her a Seraph Robe (get it from a Paralogue or give her one from Cht.10). If you use Cordelia, consider investing in a lightly forged Short Spear and a Str tonic to ensure ORKOes on Cht.8's Dark Mages. If either Cordelia or Sumia are present, forge the Beastkiller from Renown (or if it's damaged, buy a new one. Maybe buy a new one anyway, they're good).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thanks! I'm probably going with AvatarxNowi, LissaxLibra, Lon'quxPanne, and ChromxSumia.

Ah chapter 3, you were mostly a cakewalk. I open with paring units up right outside the edge of the left group and charging Avatar/Fred into them. Only a low hp spear man survived, who was promptly fed to Chrom. I used Kellam as a green npc wall and stuck the Avatar between him and the wall. They were slaughtered again with one unit left for Chrom. I cracked open the left gate and let Avatar tank it with Virion helping to weaken them. An enemy archer ran up and attacked him. The enemy had about 14 damage and was going to double Virion, however Virion decided this was a good time to not die and pulled a 9% crit to survive that attack. Boss was approched and knocked down to 3hp by Avatar. I gave Chrom the final blow again. Ending the chapter with a level 5 Chrom, 2 Fred, and 15 Avatar.

Chapter 4, I stupidly reclassed into merc before this chapter so I had to drop some money on an armorslayer and forged Chrom's rapier up to 7 mt. The fight was pretty straight forward, enemies approached and mass duel guards proc. "Marth" was only slight trouble, all of my units were at low hp and I had hit her once already with the Avatar. So I had to let Fred finish her with a timeless weapon (15mt spear I think.)

Stats

Avatar: Level 2 merc: 33 hp, 16 str, 13 mag, 16 skl, 16 spd, 14 lck, 15 def, 8 res. Armsthrift, Veteran, Solidarity

Chrom: Level 5 lord: 24 hp, 13 str, 1 mag, 14 skl, 10 spd, 9 lck, 8 def, 1 res. Duel strike+

Lon'qu: base

Sumia: peg knight: 18 hp 6 str, 3 mag, 11 skl, 11 spd, 8 lck, 5 def, 7 res spped +2

Lissa: Cleric: 21 hp, 2 str, 6 mag, 5 skl, 8 spd, 10lck, 5 def, 5 res Miracle

Dang no love for Cherche from you guys. I'll be the guy to do it, then. Cherche is someone worth investing in. She has the potential to easily be one of the most durable units on your squad. Save her either the C8 or renown speedwing, give her a +Spd/+Def Support (Paladin Fred or Gregor) and watch her go to town. She also wants an arms scroll post promotion so she can hit D lances for beastkillers.

To put it into perspective, Cherche has 12 base speed and an approximate growth of 50%. That's ridiculous for her class. It is somewhat hard for her to contribute in C12 but she can definitely grab a level there on the knights or lance cavs.

In the following chapter, the fighters have 13 speed. Base Cherche has 12, 14 with a speedwing, 16 with a tonic. If Cherche procs speed in the level she gets in C12 that's 17 Speed. She can pair up with anyone that has 10 Spd and double them. The archers have 15 speed, so Cherche needs to pair up with a Hero or Myrm to double them. Not too bad.

She can take on the Pegasi in C14 with little risk at the very least, and if you promoted her and gave her an arms scroll + beastkiller she can reliably take on the cavaliers as well.

Once she gets to C lances and has access to Ephraim's lance, all hell breaks loose.

Thanks! I'm probably going with AvatarxNowi, LissaxLibra, Lon'quxPanne, and ChromxSumia.

Since you've left Tactician already and aren't training Miriel, you'll need to invest in a Wyrmslayer for Cht.5. Lon'qu should use it and take as much exp as possible (along with Chrom), with Avatar sniping using the Renown Levin Sword. Your Avatar is going to have to take a backseat far earlier than normal because otherwise you'll hit Lv.20 before getting a MS and be stuck- so you'll also want to either hold off on Par.1 or use it for more non-Avatar training. You'll be alright in the long run, but this will hurt a little right now.

Dang no love for Cherche from you guys. I'll be the guy to do it, then. Cherche is someone worth investing in. She has the potential to easily be one of the most durable units on your squad. Save her either the C8 or renown speedwing, give her a +Spd/+Def Support (Paladin Fred or Gregor) and watch her go to town. She also wants an arms scroll post promotion so she can hit D lances for beastkillers.

To put it into perspective, Cherche has 12 base speed and an approximate growth of 50%. That's ridiculous for her class. It is somewhat hard for her to contribute in C12 but she can definitely grab a level there on the knights or lance cavs.

In the following chapter, the fighters have 13 speed. Base Cherche has 12, 14 with a speedwing, 16 with a tonic. If Cherche procs speed in the level she gets in C12 that's 17 Speed. She can pair up with anyone that has 10 Spd and double them. The archers have 15 speed, so Cherche needs to pair up with a Hero or Myrm to double them. Not too bad.

She can take on the Pegasi in C14 with little risk at the very least, and if you promoted her and gave her an arms scroll + beastkiller she can reliably take on the cavaliers as well.

Once she gets to C lances and has access to Ephraim's lance, all hell breaks loose.

I generally don't use wyvern knights, they never turn out well for me and I don't like the weakness to magic and archery.

Since you've left Tactician already and aren't training Miriel, you'll need to invest in a Wyrmslayer for Cht.5. Lon'qu should use it and take as much exp as possible (along with Chrom), with Avatar sniping using the Renown Levin Sword. Your Avatar is going to have to take a backseat far earlier than normal because otherwise you'll hit Lv.20 before getting a MS and be stuck- so you'll also want to either hold off on Par.1 or use it for more non-Avatar training. You'll be alright in the long run, but this will hurt a little right now.

I should have enough money to easily afford one with the renown gold. Also, shouldn't the Avatar be fine being in the back of a pair-up if I unequip veteran on them to decrease the experience gain?

Heh, I'll actually be keeping that in mind since I haven't used Cherche extensively. I'm doing another of my usual runs, but this time letting my viewers decide a bunch of my combat pairs. Looks like I'm going to be trying to make Panne x Vaike, Nowi x Kellam and Cherche x Stahl work. >.>

I should have enough money to easily afford one with the renown gold. Also, shouldn't the Avatar be fine being in the back of a pair-up if I unequip veteran on them to decrease the experience gain?

Don't unequip Veteran. That'll waste exp too, which is the whole problem. Avatar@Merc is a great support once your stats start going over 20, but you'll likely need their offense for Cht.5 and 6 so that won't happen yet.

*snip*

I think regardless of all this you should keep in mind she's an excellent short term instant promote 8 mov flying pair up bot for some chapters, and the game is giving you more master seals than you can really use around that time/you can buy them the chapter after you get her. She even gives an extra +2 in def and str cause she'll hit 20 with the promotion.

Edited by Irysa

True, she can take over Fred's position as a high defense chip bot as well in the short term. Instant promote Cherche has 38 HP, 20 Str (Str +2 not included), 15 Spd and 20 Defense. That's the rough equivalent of --/11 Fred in Str, --/10 Fred in HP, --/11 Fred in Defense, and --/11 Fred in Spd.

She's literally a level 11 Fred with instant seal. She won't have anything on Fred's weapon ranks, though. I'd say it's a waste to turn her into that given that she grows very quickly with little investment, but it's a viable option nonetheless if you have plans for other units.

pls finish your play log I was really enjoying it

Edited by Ownagepuffs

So I decided to do something completely different - Lunatic Casual.

The mid-chapter saving makes this mode a lot less headache-inducing. I think I went something like +Def/-Lck this time, and the extra tankiness is welcome. Currently about to head over to Chapter 5, and the entire cast not named Miriel is cooperating. HELP!

Fed Frederick the Renown Speedwings, so he could pair up with Sumia and double everything that mattered on Donnel's Paralogue.

True, she can take over Fred's position as a high defense chip bot as well in the short term. Instant promote Cherche has 38 HP, 20 Str (Str +2 not included), 15 Spd and 20 Defense. That's the rough equivalent of --/11 Fred in Str, --/10 Fred in HP, --/11 Fred in Defense, and --/11 Fred in Spd.

She's literally a level 11 Fred with instant seal. She won't have anything on Fred's weapon ranks, though. I'd say it's a waste to turn her into that given that she grows very quickly with little investment, but it's a viable option nonetheless if you have plans for other units.

pls finish your play log I was really enjoying it

Level 11 FLYING Fred with instant seal. And being able to use hammers and then a beastkiller if you arms scroll her after promo basically fufills what Fred does anyway in the effective weapon dept. I mean hypothetically if you get Fred to level 10 and Seal him into a Wyvern Lord that works too but its a bit difficult for him to get EXP after a certain point and Second Seals are in greater demand than master seals.

now you know why I even do playlogs, they make sure I finish games because other people want me to continue

Edited by Irysa

Man I feel dumb. Either my brain isn't functioning, or I'm severely misreading stuff.

So I'm following Interceptor's Lunatic+ guide somewhat and on Ch.3 they note that there's a spot where the Avatar can tank with their face on the top-half, but only need to face one enemy. Where the heck is that spot again?

Btw, I'm only partially following because A: only playing Lunatic, not +, and B: planning to DLC grind like the cheap bastard I am.

Are you talking about the steps leading up to the top area?

I thought about that too but that means baiting the enemy to follow, though the guide noted "[From here, it's very easy to make a death-zone choke point, since you can sprawl your ten remaining units out behind a face-tanking Avatar that only faces one enemy at a time.]" (Taken directly from the guide's Ch.3 route, bolded part is what is slightly confusing me.)

Yep, it's the stairs.

Unlike L+, you don't have to worry about things like Pass ruining your day, so heal up, have a sturdy unit stand in range of ONE attack, and lure the unfortunate enemies to the stairs (or better yet, shove THEM into the choke, and kill them at your leisure).

Yep, it's the stairs.

Unlike L+, you don't have to worry about things like Pass ruining your day, so heal up, have a sturdy unit stand in range of ONE attack, and lure the unfortunate enemies to the stairs (or better yet, shove THEM into the choke, and kill them at your leisure).

I'm gonna just sit down and take a good, hard look at my brain because this suddenly made the guide snippet click.

::Throws 3DS across room and leaves::

But seriously though, thanks. I've been strangely unable to comprehend some small, key parts and I just feel really dumb for absolutely no reason. Time to go wreck a chapter.

EDIT: Cleared Ch.3 finally, then thoroughly wrecked 4 with my own strat first go. Feels good, man.

Edited by xypher

Thank god for merchants. Also, should I promote Lissa or Reclass her?

I managed to get 3 master seals and I gave them to Chrom, Avatar, and Lon'qu. Giving me a great lord, hero, and swordmaster. I've also second sealed Panne into a wyvern rider and will probably be going up to get swordbreaker. Most chapters have been very easy to complete while feeding mass exp to Chrom and Lon'qu. I was able to get some to Sumia and Panne too. I'll probably focus on getting exp for Panne now for another promote.

+4 boosts in stats are very useful, even if only for one turn, but you can do it repetitively anyway each time necessary. consider how useful tonics already are and they're only +2.

Edited by Gradivus.

Ask yourself something, is there ever a time where +4 to a stat isn't useful?

Rallies are fantastic. The most important ones to look out for are speed, Spectrum, and Magic/Strength.

Thank god for merchants. Also, should I promote Lissa or Reclass her?

I managed to get 3 master seals and I gave them to Chrom, Avatar, and Lon'qu. Giving me a great lord, hero, and swordmaster. I've also second sealed Panne into a wyvern rider and will probably be going up to get swordbreaker. Most chapters have been very easy to complete while feeding mass exp to Chrom and Lon'qu. I was able to get some to Sumia and Panne too. I'll probably focus on getting exp for Panne now for another promote.

unless you really want dual support+ on owain or intend to turn her into a combat unit you may as well jsut promote her to sage instantly imo. she is actually somewhat helpful as a 6 mov magic chipper on chapter 8 and 9, or even just as a way to move people around on the desert, rally magic is also nice to have although your robin doesn't use tomes anymore so perhaps not that big a deal.

How useful is a rally in lunatic? Should I be trying to get all of them or just a few?

rally spectrum is awesome, rally speed is nice, rally magic is useful, but I think the others are a bit difficult to get or uneccessary. rally strength would be nice if you can get it but i think its a bit more finnicky to get overall.

note that while rally speed is nice, if you are willing to dump time/money into lissa using buyable rescue spam to level up she can get it for you if you seal her to falcoknight after being a sage instead of neccessarily making sumia a falco. although sumia is fine as a falco imo.

Edited by Irysa