The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Luna/Casual run is going great so far (saves make it so much less stressful!). Stahl is surprising me (he's got good bulk), LQ is a real boss (doubling stuff without a +Spd pair up!), Miriel is doing great as well, and Sumia is Str blessed. Not sure if I want to promote Clint or reclass her. Stahl and Clint S supported at C6 which is cool. Pairs to be done are Stahl x Clint, Miriel x Gregor, LQ x Cordelia, Chrom x Sumia, and maybe staff abuse enough to do Maribelle x Fred. I'd love to have 1 of either Brady or Owain's paralogues for extra exp. I won't get to use Cherche this time :(:

Looks like you're all set. Why not overuse Cordy?

It's VERY tempting to overuse galeforce units to the detriment of the rest of the team. If I'm gonna survive this run, I'm gonna have to make sure everyone's well-leveled, not just Cordy.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Hard more, Cordelia could solo it by herself if you let her.

So could Chrom, actually. I think you may be vastly overestimating what you're up against (keep in mind that raising more units tends to make the game harder).

It's Hard more, Cordelia could solo it by herself if you let her.

So could Chrom, actually. I think you may be vastly overestimating what you're up against (keep in mind that raising more units tends to make the game harder).

I can't use any children, and parent units tend to slow down halfway through the game in my runs. It's significantly different from what I'm used to, I'm just making sure I don't screw myself.

Shoutouts to the awakening wizard (@Kuroi) for ideas on chapter 3. I just beat it without the speed at the beginning, but with the c-rank bonuses. As I was only 1-off I just got lucky with a level up and hit the speed first turn, making the following turns easier. I also had no elixir left due to unfortunate crits the previous chapter, but somehow I managed to kill the left side off and hide in a corner while the following wave slapped their heads against my now 18 def MU.

If more than two on the right had had counter I would have just lost, but I got lucky. With the bottom clear the top was easy.

At C11 now. I've severely underestimated Stahl, my goodness. The experimental decision to give him the renown speedwings is paying off nicely. He's turning out so well. Cordelia is much stronger this time around and Sumia is still Str blessed. Mercenary Clint is stomping faces and Dark Mage!Miriel is great too. Gregor hasn't really gotten time to train but his bases and strong enough to be non negligible.

Shoutouts to the awakening wizard (@Kuroi) for ideas on chapter 3. I just beat it without the speed at the beginning, but with the c-rank bonuses. As I was only 1-off I just got lucky with a level up and hit the speed first turn, making the following turns easier. I also had no elixir left due to unfortunate crits the previous chapter, but somehow I managed to kill the left side off and hide in a corner while the following wave slapped their heads against my now 18 def MU.

If more than two on the right had had counter I would have just lost, but I got lucky. With the bottom clear the top was easy.

Congrats! The game chills out for a bit after C4 so you should be fine. 18 Def Robin tho. My Robin is at 17 defense in C11!

17 def? at chapter 11? is you flaw defence or is that just a bad stream of level ups.

I also solo ran Hard mode with just female MU. so it really is possible. If not simpler.

And definitely congratulations on making it past chapter 3.

Edited by ultmatelifeform

Not a true solo unless she has no pairup.

17 Def in Cht.11 happens if you're neutral on Def and have been training a lot of other units. In a highman run, Robin's exp gain slows down significantly around Cht.3 due to other units wanting in on the action.

Yeah this run is an experimen for fun to see how different units fare in Lunatic so as to get a better understanding of their potential. A speed blessed Stahl is literally the best thing in the world. The units being trained are Miriel, Stahl, LQ, Cordy, Sumia, Chrom, and Robin. Gregor isn't being trained but he is Miriel's pair up buddy. Robin is +Str and marrying Stahl because I felt like being different.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

If your friend is taking non-pairing-related recommendations, Sumia should have a BFF until Henry shows up since they're ten chapters apart from each other. I'd also recommend saving one or more of Paralogues 2-4 to build that support. 2 and 3 in particular are very lucrative training chapters, which will help Henry out if you save them for him.

Sully makes a nice Sumia pair buddy, even if untrained - she'll boost Sumia's naturally high Skl/Spd while also providing her with some much-needed Def.

Hey, I'm considering attempting Lunatic+ since I beat Lunatic without grinding, and Interceptor's playthrough made it sound fun once you know what you're doing. But I don't want to just copy what he did and particularly the units he chose, so could somebody tell me what QUALITIES I should look for in a lunatic+ unit (besides the importance of bow access) and I'll decide for myself which units I want to use?

Hey, I'm considering attempting Lunatic+ since I beat Lunatic without grinding, and Interceptor's playthrough made it sound fun once you know what you're doing. But I don't want to just copy what he did and particularly the units he chose, so could somebody tell me what QUALITIES I should look for in a lunatic+ unit (besides the importance of bow access) and I'll decide for myself which units I want to use?

Base stats, weapon ranks, weapon types available to equip, staff access, airborne classes. For example, I believe that Discipline is a very underrated skill.

Veteran. You probably want your avatar to marry a 1st gen unit and get both children as soon as possible (either pass down Veteran or have them immediately reclass to Tactician; I personally prefer the latter)

If possible (this largely depends on what class path your avatar is taking and whether male or female), having Galeforce units will significantly strengthen your player phase and help you eliminate enemies with problematic skills so you don't have to spend as much time turtling.

It's also a good idea to maximize the amount of supports among your units as much as possible. I personally abused the shit out of the crit boosts, stacked them with Solidarity/Anathema, and relied heavily on Killer weapons.

Dark mages are (still) one of the best classes to use alongside bow users in Lunatic+. Mire is great for sniping problem enemies and leaves you immune to Counter during enemy phase. Anathema is a good skill as I mentioned above. If you can eliminate enough of the Counter enemies, even Nostanking becomes viable. Ruin can be used for crithax but Celica's Gale will often outdamage it.

could somebody tell me what QUALITIES I should look for in a lunatic+ unit

Being Robin.

First, they need to come at a time when there's enough exp for them to get past their hump without competing with anyone else. This could mean they have a short hump... Or it could mean they come during a long drought of new recruits. Just don't have multiple weak units who all need to be funneled to get in shape at once.

Second, they need to be able to contribute from Cht.21 onward at least enough to make up for any investment you poured into them. Having a child and then getting benched does count as contributing, and keep in mind that a very low investment unit requires only a very small contribution to be worth it.

Finally, they need to be a part of your plan from the beginning: know who they'll marry (or A with), where they'll train, and if they're a child who their parent will be. If they're a parent, know what their child will do and whether you'll drop them once that child arrives. Plan ahead so you're ready for them when they join and can start training them as soon as possible (eg buying Cordelia a Spotpass Short Spear helps get her off the ground in Cht.8). Once you're using them, don't drop them until they've fulfilled the role you brought them on for.

Given all that, the best units fall into two categories: units who merit long-term investment (Chrom, Lissa, the Pegs, any child with good parents) and units who can be dropped in to do a job (pairup bot, staffbot, chest duty, ferry, or a low-maintenance marriage) and then retired later with little investment and no net loss (Gregor, Henry, Cherche, Basilio, Anna, Olivia).

I'm planning out my first Lunatic no-grind run, and I'm planning on using ChromxSumia, M!AvatarxCordelia, and GregorxMiriel. Should I use another pair?

Edited by Zvarri!

Hey, I heard it said that FeMU is the best choice for lunatic+. Why is that? From what Interceptor said it's because you can marry Chrom, which is really useful in-game, but why is that the case? What makes Lucina a better daughter on Lunatic+ than Severa or Cynthia, or maybe Noire?

Their mothers aren't force-deployed, aren't available from Cht.0, don't have DSt+ and don't have an infinite use weapon that wrecks the final boss. Also Avatar-M can't get Galeforce and Morgan-F can't be a Warrior.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Their mothers aren't force-deployed, aren't available from Cht.0, don't have DSt+ and don't have an infinite use weapon that wrecks the final boss. Also Avatar-M can't get Galeforce and Morgan-F can't be a Warrior.

Makes sense, but I thought Galeforce was nigh impossible to obtain on L+.

Prior to Valm there's nothing with Res so you can kill everything with ease (including potential OHKOes to bypass Counter if you're strong enough) and everything's super inaccurate without Hawkeye so attacks aren't too much of a threat for a fast unit. Archers similarly aren't too important because they're rare, can't 1-range Counter you, and still ~3HKO you even with Silver.

Even in Valm DF is still a great class because of flying Tomes, actually. The main thing here is just to invest enough in Robin to get there in time, and to skip Peg through a promoted reclass.

Speaking from experience, if you're aiming to get Galeforce on F!Robin before Chapter 13, I would try to get her out of Dark Flier before Chapter 12 if at all possible. Because of the zerg rush nature of that map, turtling is usually the best way to get through it. Robin will probably be your most reliable tank at that point by far, and she gets thoroughly wrecked by the Bow Knights and Beast Killer users (if they hit / have Hawkeye).

I'm assuming you're talking about no grind, since getting Galeforce wouldn't be an issue otherwise. It's actually possible for Dark Flier!Robin to Risen grind solo Risen skirmishes with a pairup partner on maps that have cliffs (Ch. 5, 7, 10) by kiting 1-rangelocked enemies and sniping them at 2 range from a cliff tile, similar to the Prologue water trick. If you're willing to do that.

Edited by Bovinian