The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Yeah if you don't plan on using him you can let him die, if you don't plan on using Gaius or Tharja you can just kill them for more EXP as well.

I'll be starting my run soon (just got a few more supports to unlock, I want that finished up first) and I'll try and keep people alive, it'll be a bit harder but I hate letting my units die in any game. Plus then when I recruit units like Gaius and Tharja (though maybe not Tharja, she's a pain from what I remember) I get to have some new weapons, useful for saving money for the random merchants.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I do worry about Vaike's skill being a problem, he does seem to struggle with hitting things from what I remember. Are there better dads for Kjelle?

Also with Gregor as Laurent's dad (since he'll go Dark Mage) is Sol worth passing down if he's already got Nostanking going on, or should I pass down Bow Breaker so it's hard for him to get overwhelemed and killed?

Sorry about the delay in responses, been distracted by holidays and spotty Internet access. Yes, Vaike's Skill can be a bit annoying, since his hit rates aren't going to be particularly reliable for a while. However, it's not like he's going to be missing all over the place, either. His biggest weakness is that he's not going to be able to help someone like Sully or Cordelia deal with sword enemies, because his hit is going to be atrocious there. On the other hand, sword users are usually a little squishier, so it's not too bad when his help is more useful against the beefier Barbs, Fighters and Soldiers. I'm really not sure about Kjelle's father, as I rarely use her. You may want to go ask in the pairing thread, as there's more knowledge there.

Sol is the better overall survival skill, since it'll help him not get overwhelmed by enemies other than bow users. And yes, it's worth pairing with Nos, because they stack to 100% life drain. This means that it's actually feasible for him to face tank large amounts of Counter (at least once his Skill gets high enough).

>training donnel in lunatic+

How did you even?

I know how to easily recruit him in Lunatic+, but actually training him to be a combat-viable unit? I'm not calling hacks or anything, I'm just confused.

There's a lot of non-grinding tricks that can be used to train Donnel, but they're extremely tedious and the problem is that the payout for the huge amount of effort isn't worth it at all in a standard Lunatic+ run setting. So, it's very possible if one is determined, like with Eman's challenge run.

Manaketes aren't really all that great for Lunatic, IMO. You really want to be able to double, which Manaketes have a hard time doing without considerable investment. If you are going MaMU, I'd suggest marrying one of the Pegs (Sumia for Magic based kiddos, Cordy for anything else) due to their Spd and easy Galeforce for your daughters, or Lucina for Aether Morgan who just kicks all kinds of ass. Sumi!Lucy is solid, but I prefer RK Inigo to Aether Cynthia, honestly.

I'd argue that doubling isn't as important if one's Def makes one basically invincible, which tends to happen once Nowi gets rolling as a Manakete on vanilla Lunatic. Manakete run into their biggest issues in Lunatic+, because prolonged tanking is significantly more dangerous with Luna+ and Counter being so common. A Nah who inherits Sol might be able to get away with it, but it's still far from ideal.

Ok so I'm playing a minimum grind Lunatic + run, and I just completed chapter 4, ending the initial hell of the early game. As it stands, my team is:

Avatar (+Spd,-Mag) Lvl1 Cavalier (gonna grab Luna and then be a Hero)

Chrom Lvl 7

Lissa Lvl 7

Freddy Lvl 5 (used a speedwing)

and Sumia Lvl 3 (used a seraph).

I plan to add Olivia, Cherche, and Henry to the team, as well as their respective kids when the time comes.

The rules of my playthrough are that I can play every DLC map only once, bar EXP Growth and GG, which I will not touch at all.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Your team looks to be in pretty good shape. Are you using Spotpass shops? If not, you probably have to be a bit careful with your Javelin, since they're not buyable for a while. If so, nevermind, just keep trucking.

Sorry about the delay in responses, been distracted by holidays and spotty Internet access. Yes, Vaike's Skill can be a bit annoying, since his hit rates aren't going to be particularly reliable for a while. However, it's not like he's going to be missing all over the place, either. His biggest weakness is that he's not going to be able to help someone like Sully or Cordelia deal with sword enemies, because his hit is going to be atrocious there. On the other hand, sword users are usually a little squishier, so it's not too bad when his help is more useful against the beefier Barbs, Fighters and Soldiers. I'm really not sure about Kjelle's father, as I rarely use her. You may want to go ask in the pairing thread, as there's more knowledge there.

Sol is the better overall survival skill, since it'll help him not get overwhelmed by enemies other than bow users. And yes, it's worth pairing with Nos, because they stack to 100% life drain. This means that it's actually feasible for him to face tank large amounts of Counter (at least once his Skill gets high enough).

No it's fine, I hope you've been enjoying your holiday!

I see, I was talking to another friend who brought the hit up as a concern so I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm glad it's not as bad as I imagined then! And I pop in there to ask, they seem friendly.

Thought it would be, just wanted to double check. Again, thank you for the help. I'll be start my run soon, hopefully it all goes well!

Your team looks to be in pretty good shape. Are you using Spotpass shops? If not, you probably have to be a bit careful with your Javelin, since they're not buyable for a while. If so, nevermind, just keep trucking.

Ok, thanks for taking the time and giving your input! I'll probably end up doing it if necessary, but now i'm interested to see if I can go without Spotpass shopping. I beat Paralogue 1 and Xenologue 1 with little trouble, and Chapter 5 is only sucking due to the obnoxious amount of counter spawns, so I think I'll be fine.

I'm doing a Lunatic+ no-Outrealm run with +Mag/-Def Avatar-M (meant for endgame use). For helping me to get through the early game, I owe a debt of gratitude to KTT, Interceptor, and other people who have posted interesting bits of advice around here. Thanks to the magic of biking through a college campus, I got three Master Seals and a Second Seal from StreetPass teams, so now I think I'm sitting pretty. After Chapter 7 + Paralogue 1, I've got:

Avatar: Tactician 20 → Myrmidon 10 → Mercenary 7, waiting for Hero and then eventually Sorcerer

Used my 21 Mag, the Renown stat boosters, and a Thoron to blitz Ch. 5 without Par. 1. Reclassed to Myrmidon in the middle of that chapter once most of the Counter enemies were dead, dodged all the axes, and got to C Swords. Then grabbed an extra Levin Sword and used it to sweep Ch. 6, getting to level 10 and reclassing again.

Sumia: Peg. Knight 10 → Dark Flier 1

I fed her a couple kills along the way, including Validar. She beat up a lot of archers in Par. 1, then grabbed the Killer Lance and used that with Fred support and some very timely Rescues to murder Archers and Thieves in Ch. 7.

Maribelle: Troubadour 10 → Valkyrie 1

My shameless staff spammer.

Chrom has been lazy, unfortunately. He's only Level 3.

The plan is to get Galeforce on Sumia!Lucina and then marry her, so I'll be running with a core of Avatar, Chrom, Sumia, Lucina, Cynthia, and Morgan. Henry x Maribelle and Libra x Olivia will come along for the ride. If I manage to get Galeforce on Maribelle or Olivia, then I'll pick up their sons, mostly as pairup fodder for Cynthia and Morgan. In the meantime, I'll have Chrom x Cynthia, Sumia x Lucina, and Avatar x Morgan, all at A rank.

I'm planning to make Lucina and Cynthia into Snipers. What's the best reclass path for them? Is it worth grabbing Luna by going base → Cavalier → Great Knight → Sniper, or should I just go base → Archer → Sniper?

Ok, thanks for taking the time and giving your input! I'll probably end up doing it if necessary, but now i'm interested to see if I can go without Spotpass shopping. I beat Paralogue 1 and Xenologue 1 with little trouble, and Chapter 5 is only sucking due to the obnoxious amount of counter spawns, so I think I'll be fine.

Yeah, seems you'll be fine. If, for some reason, map generation is exceptionally ornerary, but Anna decides to throw a Wyrmslayer shop at you, consider grabbing and forging it for Robin. If Robin is at C swords, also consider equipping the Killing Edge when expecting to face tank Counter.

I'm planning to make Lucina and Cynthia into Snipers. What's the best reclass path for them? Is it worth grabbing Luna by going base → Cavalier → Great Knight → Sniper, or should I just go base → Archer → Sniper?

Glad to hear my advice has helped you get through.

As far as class paths, the best really depends on what your team needs, and your play style. As long as you work to feed her quickly, Lucina should be fine passing through Great Knight. Great Knight has Spd and hit issues later in the game, but if you can get her through it before the caps become an issue, she shouldn't have any issues. Sniper is pretty good in this mode, although, consider doing Bow Knight as an ending class. This keeps her with her bow access, but lets her use Parallel Falchion for Grima (or to go into melee against other bow enemies).

Cynthia might want to consider a similar path to Lucina, mostly due to not having much for other choices. Granted, you could also push her to 20 and then promote to Falco.

Morgan can be pretty much whatever you want. I guess one thing to consider, since your Robin is already pretty much setting it up, is to pass her Vantage and then go Dark Mage -> Sorc to run another VV build.

Finally beat Ch 5. That was rough stuff. I see what you meant about Javelin uses Kuroi; luckily a Streetpass team handed me one, along with an elixir. So far, somewhat good!

Grats on getting past the hardest chapter in the run! And yeah, physical 1~2 range is pretty scarce early on, which is a point in time where 1~2 range is the most efficient and viable counter to Counter spam while retaining ability to fight other skill combinations (the alternatives being either expensive forges or breaking into the Bonus Box, if one is allowing that). Consider going after P2 ASAP, as that location's shop sells Javelins and Hand Axes.

Grats on getting past the hardest chapter in the run! And yeah, physical 1~2 range is pretty scarce early on, which is a point in time where 1~2 range is the most efficient and viable counter to Counter spam while retaining ability to fight other skill combinations (the alternatives being either expensive forges or breaking into the Bonus Box, if one is allowing that). Consider going after P2 ASAP, as that location's shop sells Javelins and Hand Axes.

Haha already done! Everyone's all geared up now. I've even been lucky and gotten a second and master seal from merchants, so my Avatar is a Lvl 1 Great Knight going into chapter 6. Good stuff. Having played FE 12 on Lunatic, I get the feeling that things will be similar to then; mostly uphill from here, and then last few chapters happen. Thanks again for all the tips, they've been a great help!

More or less. C6 and C7 can both get a bit dicey if you're particularly unlucky with skill randomization. After that, there's a few possible problem chapters that can have similar issues (C12, C14), but it really depends on composition. Highly trained fliers, in particular, can really cut down on any difficulty the teen maps would pose. And, as you guessed, C22-24 and Endgame can pose some difficulties (the brave weapons with Luna+ can be extremely dangerous). Still, none of it really compares to C5.

And no problem. I'm always glad to help, so feel free to toss any further questions at me.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

I just got Galeforce Sumia!Lucina after some really epic dodge tanking by Robin and a whole bunch of Rescue shenanigans allowed me to feed Sumia nearly every kill in Chapter 13. I've saved Paralogues 2, 3, and 4, so now I'm trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm holding two Second Seals at the moment. Olivia is at C support with Libra and is a level 4 Dark Flier. Maribelle is at C support with Henry and is a level 12 Valkyrie, so I could reclass her to Dark Flier at any time. Libra is a level 10 War Cleric, so I'd like to make him into a Sorcerer, though it might be worthwhile to bring him up to level 15 for Renewal first. And Henry is at base; I'll promote him to Sorcerer, though I don't knew whether it's a good idea to do that immediately. Robin is a level 14 Hero and also wants a second seal soon, but he can afford to be a pairup buddy for a while.

I also need to train up Lucina and get her support with Robin going. She wants a Second Seal right now to become a Cavalier. I was going to just follow my plan to feed her the experience from the Paralogues, but now the prospect of grabbing Olivia's Galeforce and Libra's Vengeance to pass to Inigo is awfully tempting. What should I do?

e: This is Lunatic+.

Edited by Zoran

Inigo's Paralogue sucks. It also sells Second Seals. But you'll need to reach Chapter 15 to get to it. So what I'd do is get Inigo's parents set up, and do the main chapters, if you haven't unlocked Chapter 15 yet. Then, prepare to rip your hair out, because Inigo's Paralogue is a pain in the ass. Save the lower-level paralogues for him to train up.

That should solve your Second Seal problems.

I stuck with the plan and fed experience to Lucina, just sparing a couple fights each chapter for Libra x Olivia and Henry x Maribelle to build supports. For chapter 14, I used Robin and Olivia as dodge tanks while Lucina and Maribelle cowered behind them and hurled ranged attacks at the ground troops and the fliers, respectively. I finished the chapter to find that Robin x Lucina, Libra x Olivia, and Henry x Maribelle were all at S.

The roster:

Chrom: Lord 10

Sumia: Peg. Knight 10 → Dark Flier 15 → Great Knight 1

Robin: Tactician 20 → Myrmidon 10 → Mercenary 10 → Hero 15

Lucina: Lord 10 → Cavalier 20 → Great Knight 5

Libra: War Claric 15 → Sorcerer 1

Olivia: Dancer 30 → Dark Flier 6

Henry: Dark Mage 12 → Sorcerer 1

Maribelle: Troubadour 10 → Valkyrie 15 → Dark Flier 2

Time to pick up Morgan!

Ok so I am approaching Chapter 8 and my next Master Seal, and I need some advice on who to give it to. I plan on having Sumia pass galeforce onto Lucina, and she is curently a Level 15 Pegasus Knight with the following stats:

Hp: 35

Str:13

Mag: 9

Skll: 21

Spd: 18

Def: 7

Res:10

Originally I was planning on promoting my Lv 15 Lissa, as shell be my Rallybot so stats wont matter much. But now I'm worried that Sumia won't get enough experience to get Galeforce by the end of 13 unless I grind, which I am trying not to do (this is a minimum grind playthrough, only playing each DLC once with no GG or EXP Growth). I still have the ability to play Paralogue 2 and 3, as well as Xenologue 2 and 3. Am i safe enough to promote her at lvl 20 Peg, or should I give her it now? Any suggestions? Again my current team is Chrom, Lissa, Freddy, Sumia, and Avatar

Edited by Zog58

If you're going for Galeforce Sumia!Lucina, promote ASAP. Sumia wants to work on her tome rank while enemies are weak. If you're doing all DLCs once that's a lot of extra time though so I don't know. Still wouldn't wait for 20. You can get Galeforce to Lucina pretty consistently in a no grind since 10/1 Sumia with a thunder Forge and S Chrom support kind of rolls over the entire mid game.

Ok so I am approaching Chapter 8 and my next Master Seal, and I need some advice on who to give it to. I plan on having Sumia pass galeforce onto Lucina, and she is curently a Level 15 Pegasus Knight with the following stats:

Hp: 35

Str:13

Mag: 9

Skll: 21

Spd: 18

Def: 7

Res:10

Originally I was planning on promoting my Lv 15 Lissa, as shell be my Rallybot so stats wont matter much. But now I'm worried that Sumia won't get enough experience to get Galeforce by the end of 13 unless I grind, which I am trying not to do (this is a minimum grind playthrough, only playing each DLC once with no GG or EXP Growth). I still have the ability to play Paralogue 2 and 3, as well as Xenologue 2 and 3. Am i safe enough to promote her at lvl 20 Peg, or should I give her it now? Any suggestions? Again my current team is Chrom, Lissa, Freddy, Sumia, and Avatar

I'd personally say play it safe and promote her now. I mean let's assume she reaches lv 20 during chapter 9, that gives you 4 chapters to gain 15 levels as a promoted class. Even with the Xenolouges there's a chance it might not be enough.

That said I'm cautious with anything, prefering to be safe than sorry. So I'd say just promote her now.

I agree on the early promotion. If her stats were lower, I might say to push your luck (she'd probably make it, but you'd have to feed her something like 75%+ of the kills up to C13; if you weren't using the one-use Xenologues, you'd probably be just picking up Galeforce in the middle of C13), but they're almost all at least decent and her Mag is actually relatively impressive for its growth rate. Might as well take advantage of the exceptional stats and use them to push for earlier skills.

I'd say it would depend on your luck with her Spd growth. If it's been exceptional, you could probably get away with it. If you go for those skills, you really want to push her through as quickly as possible, so she needs the offense of doubling to be able to get through the class. One thing i should note is that Luna isn't especially useful during the main campaign. Most of the mooks there have very poor defenses, so Luna isn't going to get you a lot of extra damage until quite late in the game. Overall, it's possibly doable, just be aware that it will make things a bit more uphill compared to going Paladin.

I will throw this out there. When my Avatar was a level 1 Great Knight in Chapter 6 and had an A support paired with Freddy, he could one shot counter Fighters with an Iron Sword. As Kuroi said, unless her speed really isn't good I say go for it. The raw power boost may help a lot so she can one shot mages, and if she's paired with Chrom that should mend her speed problems. DG+ is very useful, at least IMO

After Chapter 17, Libra is a level 6 Sorcerer and Olivia is finally a level 15 Dark Flier, so it's time to pick up Inigo (passing him Galeforce and Vengeance). I'm pretty sure Olivia's best role now is to become an Assassin. She probably won't reach Pass, but it's her only bow class and Lethality's at least something.

But what do I do with Inigo? He's going to marry +Mag/-Def Sumia!Lucina!Morgan, who went Tactician 20 → Grandmaster 10 → Dark Flier 2 and has Veteran/Aether/Ignis/Armsthrift/Solidarity. I could level up Inigo and promote him to a Bow Knight, or I could immediately reclass him to Myrmidon and complete the VVA set. I suppose I would then make him an Assassin too. There's also the option to move him toward Sage or Sorcerer, which have better synergy with Morgan. Maybe Merc → Myrm 20 → Assassin 15 → Sage? That would give me a Pass Sage to play with, which seems kind of cool and works well with Morgan's magic.

The rest of the team is:

Chrom: Lord 11 → Archer 7.61

Sumia: Peg. Knight 10 → Dark Flier 15 → Great Knight 2.66

+Mag/-Def Robin: Tactician 20 → Myrmidon 10 → Mercenary 10 → Hero 15 → Sorcerer 4.09

Sumia!Lucina [Galeforce + Aether]: Lord 10 → Cavalier 20 → Great Knight 9.23

Libra: War Cleric 15 → Sorcerer 6.12

Olivia: Dancer 30 → Dark Flier 15.01 (→ Assassin 1)

Henry: Dark Mage 12 → Sorcerer 1.74

Maribelle: Troubadour 10 → Valkyrie 15 → Dark Flier 2.43

This pair never really got going, and I'll probably abandon it except when I need an extra Mire.

Libra!Inigo [Galeforce + Vengeance]: Mercenary 10

Sumia!Lucina!Morgan [Aether + Armsthrift]: Tactician 20 → Grandmaster 10 → Dark Flier 2.05

Edited by Zoran

For a double Galeforce setup, pushing a bit more for offensive magic is what I'd recommend. Something like Dark Mage -> Dark Knight. You could also go with Sorc, like you originally mused, but Inigo also already has Vengeance. In any event, they probably don't need to bother with bows, since Galeforce is already a counter to Counter.

Hmm. My Inigo's stats are 17 - 13 - 26 - 27 - 22 - 14 - 10. Pairup from Morgan gives him +6 speed, but even then, reclassing Inigo to anything not super-fast means he can't get any real experience in his paralogue. He gets doubled and killed by all of the Assassins, who have 36 speed. So Dark Mage and Mage get him murdered. He can't exploit his Galeforce to hide behind Morgan because he can't reliably get kills without Dual Strikes and she's weak to all the bows.

The closest I've come to getting him something useful in my attempts so far has been when I went Myrmidon and huddled in the corner of the fort with a Levin Sword, when he got to level 9 and then died. Avoid +10 & Patience together are nice, and if I ever manage to reach Vantage, then his Vengeance gives him at least a chance to sweep everything.

Mage can technically avoid being doubled by the Assassins and Dark Mage only falls 1 point short. As a Merc, Inigo has 35 Speed with Morgan and a Tonic. Mage brings that down to 32 and Dark Mage drops it to 31. After you kill the fliers, you could try using your Robin to lure out and weaken the fort enemies so that Inigo can clean them up. He might even be able to snag some of the weakened fliers if you bring him a max mt forged Wind.