The Lunatic Club

Shinori

GF from both Sumia and Cordelia takes more dedication than you'd expect. It's very tight, you have to pretty much bench Robin to the back after Cht.7, not train anyone else and get Cord's GF during Cynthia's Paralogue. If you make it, though, my preferred route is passing Veteran and GF to Sev and sending her Cav -> Paladin -> Wyvern, and passing GF and AT to Morgan and sending her Tact -> GM -> DK. There are other things you can do as well, but your top priorities should be not staying in base classes too long (always one base reclass) and having to minimally put up with E weapons.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently finished chapter 2 on a Lunatic File. The prologue took me multiple resets to get right but I manged to complete chapter 2 on my first try.

My team levels and Equipment so far are:

1. Lv.7 Male MU(Asset Defense, Flaw Luck)

Bronze Sword, 1 Vulnerary, Iron Sword, Fire

2. Lv. 6 Chrom

Rapier, Falchion, 2 Elixirs

3. Lv. 4 Lissa

11 Heals

4. Lv.2 Frederick

Iron Lance, 8 more uses on Silver Lance, Sigurd's Lance

Everyone else is at their base level and I haven't decided if I should use them. Will I have a chance to level them up somewhere? Also which Units would anyone recommend for pairing Chrom and Mu with?

Walhart and Grima's skills aren't random (Grima gets Pavise+, Walhart gets Pavise+ and Aegis+), and Yen'fay only gets one random skill.

What about Priam? Last time I played Lunatic+ he seemingly (I made 10-20 resets) had a fixed skill. It think it might have been Luna+ but I'm not 100% sure.

Though, take this with a grain of salt since that is months ago and my memory about that is a bit foggy. Not that it really matters in the first place, Priam isn't worth getting anyway.

Recently finished chapter 2 on a Lunatic File. The prologue took me multiple resets to get right but I manged to complete chapter 2 on my first try.

My team levels and Equipment so far are:

1. Lv.7 Male MU(Asset Defense, Flaw Luck)

Bronze Sword, 1 Vulnerary, Iron Sword, Fire

2. Lv. 6 Chrom

Rapier, Falchion, 2 Elixirs

3. Lv. 4 Lissa

11 Heals

4. Lv.2 Frederick

Iron Lance, 8 more uses on Silver Lance, Sigurd's Lance

Everyone else is at their base level and I haven't decided if I should use them. Will I have a chance to level them up somewhere? Also which Units would anyone recommend for pairing Chrom and Mu with?

Looks like you're in pretty good shape. Lunatic(+) are very unforgiving of long-term planning errors, so that's more significant than it sounds.

Chrom is probably going to want Sumia. You can get away with Olivia if you want, but Sumia is very good. Good wives for Robin include Cordelia (fast, flight), Panne (strong, flight- reclass to Wyvern after Cht.7), and Nowi (invincible, stay as Manakete and use a Seraph Robe asap).

Training earlygame units: enemies start significantly stronger than your units, and then rapidly fall behind until they start promoting, so it's best to take as few of the earlygame crowd with you as possible, add a few of the mid-Plegia ones, and then use as many children as you can get.

What about Priam? Last time I played Lunatic+ he seemingly (I made 10-20 resets) had a fixed skill. It think it might have been Luna+ but I'm not 100% sure.

Though, take this with a grain of salt since that is months ago and my memory about that is a bit foggy. Not that it really matters in the first place, Priam isn't worth getting anyway.

I actually don't know about him. Since he normally has three skills he shouldn't usually have, I wouldn't be surprised if at least something was different.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Made it past chapter 5, so far my main units are getting decent levels, though I wish Sumia was a little higher.

1. Lv.19 Male MU(Asset Defense, Flaw Luck)

2. Lv.14 Chrom

3. Lv.13 Lissa

4. Lv. 8 Sumia

5. Lv. 5 Frederick

Haven't decided high I'm going to reclass MU yet, and I've been having a little poor luck with Lissa's stat growth with her only being at 8 Magic. Planning on going through Paralogue 2 before I tackle chapter 6 and I'm going to try my hardest to avoid Mu getting to many kills since he's almost 20.

Use the Second Seal from Renown for Robin's first reclass, trying to postpone in until Cht.8 is slightly suicidal. Lissa will usually turn out just fine once she makes it to Valkyrie. Par.2 has an island in the river which is an extremely good training spot for fliers, so unless you're going with Nowi I'd advise waiting a chapter or two to recruit whoever you want Robin's wife to be. You'll also want to focus a little more on Sumia than Chrom, his level doesn't matter for inheritance purposes and you'll mostly want him in the back later.

Sumia will have a chance to get higher come C8, since most of the enemies there are easy prey for fliers and mages. P2 has the middle island as a good safe spot for fliers too, but it won't work as well if ground forces are running around outside of the island (the fliers will still be safe, but it'll be harder to draw in enemies to attack).

What I usually do to deal with the ground enemies milling around is break all the Bows (staff exp), then have two fliers to split them up by going in opposite directions and then picking off the stragglers, much like running in circles in Cht.3. There are no enemy Cavs or fliers and lots of forest and rivers, so it's very easy to outrun the enemy and not get cornered.

Narrowed done reclassing to MU to either Cavalier or Mercenary, hopefully one of those will help with speed though the downside is that he'll lose magic.

I'd go Merc --> Hero -->Warrior for AT, Sol, Axebreaker, and then Warrior for Bows, overkill Str, good Defense, absurdly strong Braves, and 1-2 range when there aren't counter enemies milling about.

Recently got through Ch.7. Reclassed MU to Mercenary and managed to get a few levels for Sumia. Haven't decided whether or not I'll use Cordelia. Is she still a good unit even if I decide not to marry her to MU? Also managed to buy a Seraph Robe as well as a spare rescue staff from an Anna store, and I'm trying to decide to give it to a Pegasus Knight or Nowi depending if I use her or not.

1. Lv.7 Male Mercenary MU

2. Lv.17 Chrom

3. Lv.15 Lissa

4. Lv. 7 Frederick

5. Lv. 12 Sumia

I'm pretty sure Ch.8 grants you a Master Seal that I can use to promote MU to a hero. Also, is Paralogue 3 doable at this point in Lunatic mode, is it worth trying to have any of the villagers, I know one grants you a Seraph Robe, but do you get it for only saving one of them or will you just get one of the joke weapons?

1. Yes, Cordelia's still good if she's not married to MU.

2. I'd promote Sumia over MU at this point, because the difficulty drops here, and you'll get another Master Seal come Chapter 10.

3. I think you only need to save one green guy in Paralogue 3 for the Seraph Robe.

Be really careful buying expensive stuff from shops, you get almost no money whatsoever until Valm and it's extremely easy to go broke, run out of weapons and have to fight on fumes. Par.3 is doable, if you have Rescue it should be fairly easy to save at least one villager. They always charge for the bottom left corner, so you'll need to rush there and secure it first if you don't want to need to keep Rescuing over and over. There's also a trick involving Falcos and an enemy Barb you can do to effectively imprison them in the top left corner instead (much easier to secure), but by the time you have the resources for that you can clear it normally anyway.

Okay so Paralogue 4 was the biggest pain I've had to do so far. I had to reset multiple times just because Anna got killed on the first turn. On the plus side I managed to cap Chrom, Sumia, and Lissa as well as get some levels in for Cordelia and Nowi.

1. Lv.12 Mercenary MU

2. Lv.20 Chrom

3. Lv.20 Sumia

4. Lv.20 Lissa

5. Lv.9 Frederick

6. Lv.15 Cordelia

7. Lv. 7 Nowi

Trying to decide right now whether to promote Sumia to Dark Flier, or Falcon Knight. Dark Flier will get her Gale Force but Falcon Knight will benefit her better combat wise. Also I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with Frederick, is it safe to ditch at this point or should I just keep him as a defense support for Lissa? Also got to decide what I'm going to do with my stat increasing items. Thinking about giving a Sumia a Dracoshield to help her since shes going to be a main combat unit.

Sumia to Dark Flier. Galeforce works almost as well as aspirin when it comes to Lunatic-induced headaches. Also, if she's on the front lines, toss her a Dracoshield, because she's not exactly bulky.

Frederick can work as a defense support. I usually get him up to level 15 for Dual Guard+, then figure out whether or not I still need Defense (in which case he goes General) or Speed (that's Griffon Knight).

On the plus side I managed to cap Chrom, Sumia, and Lissa

Capping units when you don't have the resources to promote/reclass them (assuming you did P4 asap) isn't a plus, it means you'll either have to stop using them entirely or let exp go to waste. Sumia is definitely the most important to promote, though, and Dark Flier is the superior choice (Tomes typically more than make up for any stat loss, let alone double GF passdown- but Falco is a good place to go once you've finished DF). Dracoshield definitely wouldn't hurt on her. Did you get the Arms Scroll?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I wasn't able to get the arms scroll unfortunately. Also just remembered that I had a second seal from the Ch.8 map so I can use that, probably on Chrom to Cavalier. Would it be best to go to Great Knight after that for Dual Guard, or will Chrom not gain that much experience from being a support unit?

Chrom is going to have a hell of a time hitting level 15 promoted if he's always in back.

As for that second seal. . .not sure if you trained Panne, but if she's at least level 10, promote her to Wyvern Rider and watch things die.

If Sumia ends up as the main tank and Chrom is consistently getting kills off of his Dual Strikes, he can probably make it to 15, but it's going to be very, very late in the run. Which, I suppose, is probably about the time when Dual Guard+ might be most useful, but still. I'd recommend just going Paladin for the better overall pair-up boosts from the get-go.

Got passed Ch.12, and got Mu's Axe rating to C and Chrom's spear to B. Sumia is only level 8 so Lucina won't come with Galeforce when I recruit her, but I don't think it's crucial. Have both a Second Seal and a Master Seal. I'm wondering if I should use that Second Seal on Lissa or save it for Lucina when I get her.

1. Lv.6 Hero MU

2. Lv.1 Paladin Crom

3. Lv.20 Lissa

4. Lv.11 Frederick

5. Lv.8 Dark Flier Sumia

6. Lv.2 Dark Flier Cordelia

7. Lv. 15 Nowi

Also have Libra at 6 and Anna at four for second healers, I'm leaning towards Libra do to support, as well as a 15 Olivia though I don't know if I'll use her in the long run. Is my party at a decent size or should I bench certain ones because I still have some child units to recruit in the future chapters.

Alas, a dual strike will bypass Miracle. . .

Yes, I am aware of this and I am glad or it. My goal is to make people on "classic" soft reset their games from losing even one character to any of my units without the use of Limit Breaker. Not to have them smash their 3DS systems. :XD: If I wanted the latter and if any skill was legitimately acquirable the dream build would have been: Vantage+/Sol/Rightful King/Rightful God/Lethality. Class: Sorcerer with max accuracy Nosferatu.

Ah, right. Instead of Renewal I think Aegis would be a much better.

New build: Miracle/Aegis/Vantage/Counter/Sol. Does this seem better? My Unit's current class is Dread Fighter with Ragnell. Currently have Armsthrift equipped because I don't want to burn the Ragnell.

I need to test this with my brother's 3ds. Glad I bought another copy.

Update: Just tried the build. Used a Reeking Box on Sage's Hamlet (Paralogue 5), sent MU off alone against Griffon Riders/Great Knights, and Sorcerers and got wrecked. :sweatdrop:

Revised Built 2: Current Class: Dread Fighter - Miracle/Vantage/Counter/Tome Breaker/Vengeance - Equipped with x2 Celica's Gale (+dmg/+acc).

Tried the same skirmish again and he was able to take down five enemies by himself before a Sorcerer with Tome Breaker and Rexcalibur broke the combo. Also, Miracle activated only 1/5 times with Luk at 49 :sob: . Lets try it again but with Limit Breaker instead of Tome Breaker.

Update: Limit Breaker unsurprisingly makes the build work a lot better. :/: He was able to clear off the entire map on his lonesome. Not running with it though.

Street Pass Battle coming soon.

Update: I went into battle confident I would lose at least one person to him. He got wrecked by Owain/Morgan couple third turn. Miracle didn't even activate. I suppose it was cheesed a bit because he chose to use Ragnell instead of the celica's gale I put on him.

Final Update: So it seems the challenger's chosen difficulty actually affects how well your street passed team performs. In the previous update I was battling MU with a save playing on Normal/Classic. I street passed myself on another try and currently, I have just narrowly defeated MU with the assist of a dual strike. I lost the battle to Chrom who opened with Aether. MY own controlled Tactician had Limit Breaker. The one I set up did not so I succeeded in my goal. ; ]

Edited by JasonsOrigin

Made it past Ch. 14 and also recruited Morgan, with Lucina at level 20 and Morgan making it to 18, not sure if I should go ahead for Cynthia, Severa, and Owain or wait till I got more abilities on their parents like Galeforce, I think I'm good for Owain passing down Miracle and Luna. Also conflicted with Lissa, I leveled her up to lv.10 troubadour, but her magic stat is only 12. Will promoting her to Valkyrie help with her magic growth?

1. Lv.13 Hero MU

2. Lv.6 Paladin Chrom

3. Lv.10 Troubadour Lissa

4. Lv.13 Great Knight Frederick

5. Lv.11 Dark Flier Sumia

6. Lv.4 Dark Flier Cordelia

7. Lv.20 Manakete Nowi

8. Lv.11 War Monk Libra

9. Lv.20 Lord Lucina

10. Lv.18 Pegasus Knight Morgan