The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Yes, I am aware of this and I am glad or it. My goal is to make people on "classic" soft reset their games from losing even one character to any of my units without the use of Limit Breaker. Not to have them smash their 3DS systems.

Without LB, your Streetpass team will be a joke, unfortunately. Unless you happen to get someone who's early into a playthrough, you simply won't have the durability to take the initial volley and survive to retaliate.

Made it past Ch. 14 and also recruited Morgan, with Lucina at level 20 and Morgan making it to 18, not sure if I should go ahead for Cynthia, Severa, and Owain or wait till I got more abilities on their parents like Galeforce, I think I'm good for Owain passing down Miracle and Luna. Also conflicted with Lissa, I leveled her up to lv.10 troubadour, but her magic stat is only 12. Will promoting her to Valkyrie help with her magic growth?

That's pretty bad Mag, I'd say you just got screwed. Promoting her will at least yield a decent promotion bonus. but shouldn't affect growth much.

In general it's best to reclass the children once at 10 and then promote at 20. If you're happy with the childrens' current promotion options you can do it anyway without reclassing (though since Lucina already has Aether, GL is a pretty terrible pick for skills), or you could reclass and risk dealing with rammed stat caps.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without LB, your Streetpass team will be a joke, unfortunately. Unless you happen to get someone who's early into a playthrough, you simply won't have the durability to take the initial volley and survive to retaliate.

Indeed. It would be different and a lot more fun if we could assign specific actions and strategies to perform—to pair up especially—but all they can do is head to the nearest enemy and get wrecked. The dependence on LB for streetpassing is rather disappointing honestly.

All the more reason to be excited for Fates. Enemies pair up now which is awesome.

I'm currently stuck on Grima in Lunatic-Casual, so I'm just trying to max out as many units as I can beforehand, getting all the A supports in the process. (saving the remaining child paralogues for last, those are way too difficult)

Edited by Omega Swampert

I'm currently stuck on Grima in Lunatic-Casual, so I'm just trying to max out as many units as I can beforehand, getting all the A supports in the process. (saving the remaining child paralogues for last, those are way too difficult)

More units aren't necessarily that useful, I recommend bringing dancer, basilio (rally str), a trained Chrom or Lucina (or both for safety) and their A/S rank partners

front unit (the A/S partner) equips brave weapon

back unit (chromcina) equips falchion

that lets falchion hit grima up to 4 times per round of combat without caring about pavise

Finally finished no DLC, high man, gen 1, vanilla Lunatic run. I used Chrobin, Lissa/Frederick, Virion/Sully, Stahl/Cordelia, Lon'qu/Panne, and Miriel/Gregor, Olivia and Libra tagged along.

My thoughts:

Chrobin is boss, even with the constant crits, Chrom got through Lord, Cav, Padalin, and back to Great Lord.

Lissa for Vice President.

Even if Freddy falls behind, his bonuses are awesome.

Sully is boss. Should have put her back in the Paladin line again at the end, though.

Virion is great support as usual.

Miriel for President. Taking her through the Troubadour line was a good idea.

Stahl eventually becomes a boss.

Lon'qu was unexpected Bronze.

Panne was underwhelming... Maybe I didn't use her as well as I should.

I did not know what to do with Cordelia, at least as Falcon Knight she got free exp.

Gregor did his job.... I knew I should have trained him more.

Libra and his Ward are always welcome. I really wanted him to S rank with Olivia, but I couldn't even get their relationship started...

Olivia for Secretary of State.

Gotta not use Barracks as often. P:

Until the end, I had serious money issues. I had to rely on the Leif Blade mid to late game even with the Large Billuon drops.

I used lots of renown... Up to Innes?Wolt?Bow... p:

It was lots of fun.

Edited by ChickenWings

Okay so MU is now a Lv.20 Hero, and I only have one second seal from Nah's chapter. I'm thinking of re classing into a Warrior, though that will leave me with a E rank in bows. I'm one story chapter away from buying second seals so I know Nah wont be hurt to bad by using her second seal on MU.

Cleared the recruitment chapter for Severa, only child left to recruit is Cynthia before resuming the story missions, leaning on re classing Severa to Myrmidon for Vantage and later Astra from Swordmaster, not quite sure exactly what to do for Cynthia, the only good options for re classing are Cavalier or Knight. Also still need to think on S supporting Owain with one of the Daughters, even though it won't do that much the extra support will always help.

Vantage isn't that great. It only helps if it nets her a KO on that first attack, which is nearly impossible against full HP enemies this late without effective weaponry, and it requires being below half HP which puts you in significant danger of being OHKOed. While it can be situationally useful, every time I've gone for it it's helped for maybe one battle.

Dunno who her dad is, but assuming it's Robin- Cavalier and Tactician are her main options, since they both have two weapon types and skills that speed up training.

Made it through Ch.20 and have a few units near or at Lv.15

1. Lv.10 Warrior Mu, 2. Lv.13 Paladin Chrom

3. Lv.8 Falcon Knight Sumia, 4. Lv.6 Falcon Knight Cordelia

5. Lv.14 Paladin Lucina, 6. Lv.15 Dark Flier Morgan

7. Lv.15 Sage Owain, 8. Lv.6 Sorcerer Nah

9. Lv.14 Grandmaster Severa, 10. Lv.13 Great Knight Cynthia

For Morgan I think Grandmaster or Dark Knight might be good though that would require to level up a lot in sword rank. For Lucina maybe Great Knight and, Cynthia to Paladin. Severa and Owain I'm not entirely sure, if Owain re classes he'll lose his tomes but, he'll still have over 30 strength upon re classing and he's more of a support unit. Severa any class with swords would be fine I guess.

Hmmm. . .

- Morgan can go Grandmaster to pick up Ignis. Rally Spectrum's also nice.

- Owain can reclass back into Sage once he hits level 20

- Severa to Dark Knight, perhaps?

Don't really have comments on anything else.

Got past Ch.24 Validar went down real easy. Debating on whether or not I should try the additional paralogues after endgame. Owain ended up a really powerful Sage which surprised me. paired up with Nah plus Tomefaire his magic stat goes up to 49 plus with a 40 speed he can double a lot of enemies, and then he can still activate Luna. It would be even better If a I leveled up Lissa as a War Cleric and gave him Renewal.

1. Lv.13 Warrior Mu, 2. Lv.1 Great Knight Chrom

3. Lv. 12 Falcon Knight Sumia, 4. Lv.8 Falcon Knight Cordelia

5. Lv.4 Great Knight Lucina, 6. Lv.6 Grandmaster Morgan

7. Lv.20 Sage Owain, 8. Lv.11 Sorcerer Nah

9. Lv.5 Paladin Severa, 10. Lv.6 Paladin Cynthia

Edited by Mole_Man

Grima beaten. Had Severa activate a rally spectrum, then had Olivia perform dance on her, then Severa paired up to MU to o up to the Berserker in front of Grima. Severa killed him than Galeforce activated for MU to hit Grima with a forged Brave Axe. After that I sent up Cynthia paired up with Chrom in which she activated Luna on the first attack and, then Aether on the second. Following that sent up Sumia and, Lucina where Lucina activated Luna with Parallel Falchion to finish Grima off. Overall I was happy with this run, especially since I avoided DLC.

With Fates coming very soon, I've been overcome with Fire Emblem fever again, and found myself browsing these forums again. Haven't done L+ yet, but I have done a few vanilla Lunatic runs for fun. I started growing bored with the game because AT spoiled me and found myself realizing the only fathers that can pass down AT are Gregor and male avatar, or Donnel if i want to go out of my way a bit... This bugged me because i liked creating different pairings for diversity, and unless the child already has access to AT, they needed one of those fathers.

I liked AT generally because i didnt have to worry about spending so much money on weapons, but since i understand the game much better now, i know i can get around it with things like despoil or leifs blade. (The ironic thing here is my most successful and fun run involved manakete Morgan and Nah carrying. The money got close in the end, but i worked out.) Anyhow i started thinking of things i could do in this game and now i get to the point of my post...

Just how feasible would it be to feed Chrom kills early instead of Avatar? I feel like it would definitely be more difficult and require more Fred use, but probably doable? I know Chrom's one glaring weakness is his lack of range, which really makes things like the water trick more difficult to pull off in Ch1. I know if i can get past those early chapters and SS him, he makes a great archer. I know this sounds like going way out of my way to make the game difficult, but abusing Avatar gets old, and i'd like to see Chrom carry for once. Avatar can catch up easily later, and play support role. Any good tips for taking this on?

If you want Robin to spend some time out of the spotlight, it's better to let them carry you through Cht.7, and then start training whoever you want. Chrom has high catching-up potential in Cht.5 and 7 vs Wyverns, he doesn't need to be pumped early. There are plenty of good units to train and good training opportunities from 7 on out, and if Robin has a bunch of exp from there he can catch up much more easily than if you leave him sub-Lv.10 (in my current Lunatic+ run, I benched him to Hard Support starting in Cht.8, and by the time Cynthia's Paralogue rolled around he was still strong enough to come back out and carry immediately).

As for actually feeding Chrom early on though, it's perfectly doable but you might lose heart after seeing just how much less exp he gains in the Prologue (2-3 levels with the Water Trick, as opposed to 6-7 from Robin).

Ignoring Robin is fine, in my experience. I did a no-avatar run a while back and basically just fed Chrom the same way early on. It really didn't feel that different from other lunatic runs. Chrom, Panne, or Lon'qu are nice candidates for the early second seals and they or the children can carry later.

L+ probably a different story.