The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Not to my knowledge. And yeah, I don't think there'd be any way to make it especially reliable. For the early chapters especially, not using Robin at all would be too much of a loss. Minimal use to soften up enemies and provide pairup bonuses would still be really hard, but more manageable. Even if Chrom did get fed, though, leaving the chapters up to him and Fred would still be really iffy until the Bonus Box and Renown (assuming a limit of 1000) open up. From there, Chrom might be able to snowball. Chrom carrying would also probably be necessary to get Panne into a position to carry too.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Chrom can catch up later vs wyverns, or using the water trick, its just that by that time, i'm usually focusing on another early char to get them leveled for their child/marriage etc. I was planning to do a chrom/sumia pairing if i did this, so paralogue 1 would be great for her. I also wasnt planning on ignoring Robin completely, he would still be present for support/dual strikes, and would probly get to where he needs to be to birth a decent morgan + other child (was thinking severa this time around, but then again, lucina and cynthia need some boys) through just supporting.

I'm curious why everyone is talking about Panne when i didnt even say anything about her... Although come to think, i've never really used her much or had Yarne in my party so that might not be a bad idea.

I think I would like to achieve early Chrom clear, so if anyone has some advice for particularly nasty parts (Ch2 comes to mind...) I'd be all ears! Thanks.

Panne and Lon'qu were just mentioned as general cases. Panne also tends to come up when it comes to Lunatic(+) because she's very powerful after Second Sealing to Wyvern Rider. She picks up promotion-level stat gains on top of her decent bases and then her ludicrous growths allow her to snowball very quickly.

For early Chrom feeding, you're probably going to have to rely a lot on Fred weakening enemies so that Chrom can swoop in to take the kill. Once you have Miriel, you can use Robin and her, plus one of the other melee to soften up additional enemies. Don't be afraid to give kills to anyone else if you have to, though. There's just not enough room to give everything to Chrom unless he gets really lucky on his level ups.

Panne’s personal bases and growths are both extremely high so when she gets into a real class (not Taguel), she’s incredibly strong. Wyvern happens to be one of the best classes as well, with high stats all around, 8 move, flight, plus skills that synergize very well (avoid-stack, plus breaker for what “beats” your main weapon, Axes). I consider Lon'qu similar even with lower stats (still reclass to wyvern) since he has a bit easier time getting started at base (C Swords and +10 avo against Plegia's many axes or low hit dark magic) and has better/more consistent skills.

For earlygame, feed Chrom as much as possible in Prologue. Hopefully that’s enough to tank C1 on a fort with Frederick’s Pair Up. I seem to remember he could get most of the kills in that chapter. Regardless, feed as much into him during that chapter as well. In C2, tank the first wave on the left mountains. Honestly pretty much the same as Robin-centric earlygame except Chrom is lower leveled (Chrom does have +1 or 2 in a few stats at base which mitigates it a bit). If necessary, just use Frederick a bit more, there’s still plenty of exp after C2.

re: No Robin Lunatic+: Hmm, it's interesting to think about. I know there are a few Frederick centric strats that some use to get to the DLC with decent success rates, so you could lean a lot on that the early chapters while trying to feed Chrom (C5 tho...). I would think you'd probably want to go Bows later with Chrom/Lucina and a few children. Perhaps try to get Nosferatu/Sol on a few of them.

Edited by XeKr

Well Panne it is then. Just need to decide on a mate for her... And I figure i'll marry Lissa off to Avatar to snag Owain. If things go well i could train and marry Lon'qu to some chick for one more son to even things out. Cherche comes to mind, since by that time I'll know where I stand. Oh, Chrom/Sumia will do their thing.

but then again, lucina and cynthia need some boys

Not really, they make a very good team at A together. The logistics of Lunatic(+) aren't very friendly toward 2nd gen S supports.

Soloing: Sumia is extremely capable even without Robin around. Just get her a few levels prior to Cht.8, and then she can trash everything.

This game is broken. Trying to get through Ch2, and all seemed to be going well.... right up to the point where Chrom misses a... 99% hit chance on a myrm during wave 2. Then fails to dodge any of the next 3 hits in the mid 60% range. Well with my luck, the remaining barb and boss would have probly hit him with their 10-15% chance anyway.

I used to think Ilyana missing a 96% hit in Path of Radiance was the worst thing that ever happened. Well I guess I was wrong.

Also i'm just doing vanilla Lunatic, I dont really feel like attempting L+, I probly suck anyways.

EDIT: Chrom just got his sweet revenge on that same myrm. Dodged his 61% hit and 8% crit one shot him. The boss terrified me with his 6% crit, but never touched Chrom. He's now level 9, and while his 10 def leaves something to be desired, 14 speed is not too shabby. His level 9 only gained hp and luck tho so meh.

Also Robin gained a couple levels weakening/luring random enemies here and there, and his first level was a perfect level up... Games basically telling me to use Robin lol.

Edited by Varidan

I have the worst luck with that stuff. I have stuff below 25% hit me and 99% miss. My brother quit playing Binding Blade because 90%-100%s were missing on his game every time. Not sure how that happened. I played his and I just mixed the weapon triangle around and it actually worked lol.

I'm doing a no avatar Lunatic run, I've finished ch 6 but not par 2. Sumo's hit level 10, and my plan was to promote her now, and get to 10/15 in time to give Lucina galeforks.

1) what's the deadline to get sumia to 10/15, and is it feasible without dlc?

2) is it worth it? I haven't been very careful with my Exp distribution so far, and I don't want to make it any worse.

You're in a good position to get her to 20/15. It's definitely worth waiting for the extra ten levels, they'll make the latter part of Dark Flier much easier and she'll be a useful combat unit all the way through endgame.

For reference, if no concessions are made whatsoever, there's (barely) enough exp in the game to get both Sumia and Cordelia to 20/15, with Robin/Chrom husbands, in time to get all four children with GF before Cht.14, even on Lunatic+. Sumia alone, with greater training opportunities due to not having to avoid L+ skills, will have a much easier time of it.

It's also absolutely worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

What is a fun Robin build for Vanilla Lunatic? I went with VV AT GF Sorc FeMU x Chrom for the most trivial and generic run ever. I am considering a physical class because every Robin I have ever created has been a Tome user. I am also thinking MaMU could be a good challenge because he won't have GF.

Long ago I try first 5/6 chapters(enought to get dlc) lunatic casual(only for save when you want feature) to try get a strategy without use frederick much possible as main damage dealer and tanker. Because I'm lazy I didnt start lunatic classic.

Now, I dont perfectly remember the strategy, only most of positioning, but I start lunatic classic. I get chapter 2 and I only use frederick as main only 4 times(because prologe mage you can't safely kill them with chrom or Mu). Chapter 1 I'm lucky and I get Kris's confect. During lunatic casual I didn't use it when I get because I can't get same lucky, but now I'm not maso enought to not use it.

Well, I said I stopped lunatic casual after get access to dlc because easy farm but now, my feeling say me to be more reckless and limited to the characters I don t intend to use during the story(yeah, I choose to reclute all characters and don't let them die).

That's very interesting. Frederick is an absolute neccesity omg. Pretty much Frederick and Chrom are the only two that will actually do anything in the beginning.

Edited by ChocolaChao

Veteran alone makes pretty much a Robin of any build more like to contribute than Chrom. Thunder may have poor base Hit, but the range lets Robin safely do things that Chrom would have to put himself at risk for. Chrom is better off hiding behind Robin because of the Spd boost he provides, in addition to being 1.5x as likely to provide Dual Strikes as other units, at a time when supports either aren't available or are barely getting started. Once supports do become available, he's likely to be the first to C with Robin, making him twice as likely as most of the other units, even more if Robin is doubling stuff.

I have recently started Lunatic+ run, so wish me luck. I have gotten past the first 4 chapters and grinding for life. Any general advice to give me? And holy fuck many enemy units has counter. The most disgusting skill ever... Heck regular Lunatic wasn't this unfair...

My avatar has +Def, don't remember which flaw it was again. I think it was one of the recommended ones to have as a flaw.

I rather avoid having archer and magic team only but considering how many that has counter it might be my only option... I like to have a varied team :/

Edited by FoliFF

Hand Axes and Javelins are also easily accessible 2-range weapons that can be used to neutralize Counter.

Since you're grinding, there's several options open to you for using swords, lances and axes. Get enough of a combination of Str and forged Steel/Silver and you should be able to simply one-shot Counter enemies. Bonus Box items are good for this too because of their raw base power. You can also forge Killer weaponry for +15 Crit, which should give your units a pretty good chance of scoring one-shots through crits. Sol and Galeforce are both abilities that let you work around it too. You could also roll with classes that just have bows as an option. That is, you can deploy Warriors, Bow Knights and Assassin, using bows when they're in range of Counter enemies and using their axes/swords otherwise.

Additionally, forged Beastkiller/Hammers can go a long way in some Valm chapters and make ORKOing really easy, you can buy those from the Einherjar teams. Unequipping weapons/trading weapons away is another way to avoid Counter albeit a very situational one. Also, Rescue staves can be really helpful as well for picking of dangerous enemies and retreating out of range, it works even if the units in question isn't a Bow/magic user. They allow you to trivialize most "Kill Boss" chapters too if you want. Due to Luna+ and Hawkeye pure dodge/def-tanks don't work as well on Lunatic+ so try to get both good Avoid and concrete Def on most of your units instead of specializing on one of the stats. Since you're grinding, consider making a Rally bot at some point (you don't really need them early/mid-game but they're great when enemy stats go up again during late-game), stacked Rallies are really OP and can make your life a lot easier.

By the way, if memory serves, Lost Bloodlines 3 is the easiest way to grind, assuming your unit already has enough stats to solo it with a Pair-up.

Hmm so there will be a lot more forging this time around. At least it gives me other options to deal with counter so I can play my preferred playstyle. Thanks for the tips. If there is anything else noteworthy I'll gladly take it too.

By the way, if memory serves, Lost Bloodlines 3 is the easiest way to grind, assuming your unit already has enough stats to solo it with a Pair-up.

It's the dlc map for paragon scrolls iirc. I'm still early at the game so I can't take them on as of yet.

Whats the best asset and flaw to start a new lunatic gameplay?

I think people usually roll with either +def/-luck or +spd/-luck so you can get past the early levels. +spds helps you better late game though. +def/-luck seems to be more common for Lunatic+ runs. Honestly it depends if you want to grind or not in Lunatic. I went +mag/-luck or something, i don't remember what I picked, and grinded after I got past the first 4 chapters.

Edited by FoliFF