Things in Awakening you thought were weird, yet funny?

Anacybele

So, I'm sure in any game we've played, we eventually get that moment or two where we go "lol wtf?" :P:

What things in Awakening did you find to be weird, yet funny? I've got a few examples.

First, Chrom's tunic only having one sleeve. I still giggle at this, but I think I now know why it was done this way. So the mark on his right shoulder could be seen, as it actually has importance. Still, I just find Chrom's tunic to be odd, yet funny. XD

Next, when I picked up a log from a sparkly spot. That's right, a LOG. I mean, WTF, how is a log a weapon for battle? Just...lol.

And also, Frederick's C support with Chrom. He said he went in every tent and put up posters that show Chrom...naked. I mean, Frederick, I love you man, but why the naked part? Seriously. I cracked up though. lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also, Frederick's C support with Chrom. He said he went in every tent and put up posters that show Chrom...naked. I mean, Frederick, I love you man, but why the naked part? Seriously. I cracked up though. lol

lolwut

Battle Clerics. Pure awesomeness.

I also found this to be weird.

Also, obligatory mention of the conversation between Alm and Lissa in the first DLC map.

How'd I forget Sumia punching Chrom...?

Edited by Levant Fortner

That gave me a good chuckle.laugh.gif

Ladles. Freaking. Ladles.

Sumia Punching Chrom.

I had respect for her. And then she said sorry.

That scene made me chuckle hard. laugh.gif

Also, pretty much any scene with Henry. And sometimes Miriel.

...I really should pair them. Oh lord.

Virion and Libra's supports. Oh lord.

My Avatar: .oO(Ohhhhh....this is getting good...)

The above is a thought bubble.

Henry. His personality was something i was not even close to expecting for a Nintendo game. Let alone a youthful looking chap like him! Gods i love Henry.

Battle Clerics. Very much.

Tiki on a Griffon. wut.

Ladles. Freaking. Ladles.
Next, when I picked up a log from a sparkly spot. That's right, a LOG. I mean, WTF, how is a log a weapon for battle? Just...lol.

Virion smacking Validar to his death....

With a log.

:awesome:

"What rolls down stairs

comes only in pairs

rolls over your neighbor's dog

Whats good for a snack

what fits on your back

Its Log log log.

Its Log

Its Log

Its big

Its Heavy

Its wood.

Its Log

Its Log

Its better than bad

Its good!

Everyone wants a Log

Come on and get your Log!

"Quick and dirty...i like it!" Oh Sully.

Tharja. Just Tharja.

Owain. Hes kinda out there but holy crap did i laugh like hell at "BY THE RED HAIR OF ELIWOOD!"

Edited by Virion

When Chrom found out that Inigo was his future son AND a womanizer. His recruitment line was funny. I honestly wanted a different support conversation between the two instead of the generic 'Why are you smiling all the darn time?' father-son support. I mean, come on, Chrom, you're son hits on women. Isn't that a problem for you?

Henry's oh so horrible puns that makes me laugh all the time. The disarming one was by far the best I've seen

Owain's Fire Emblem references

Inigo running around smacking and killing people with a ladle. It was then that I realized how broken Armsthrift was and I kept that ladle for the lulz.

And just recently, my Avatar is paired with Gaius and his B support with Libra states that he's willing to sacrifice Morgan for raining donuts. I cracked up in laughter

Also: Pega-pony princess. Will probably never marry Chrom with Sumia but it's worth noting.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but Gaius and his forever love for sweets. It's bad to the point I think candy should be a potential wife for him. Or...just name an Avatar Candy for the sake of sweets o.o

Edited by LeThiAnh

I love Owain as a character altogether, every line he makes is gold. Lucina and Inigo's sibling supports have a sad tone to them, but I still chuckle at Falchion becoming a "Royal Fruit Cutter." Henry's cruelty is so evil it's funny, and Gaius's love of sweets as well.

As for actual flaws in the game, I still can't get over the lack of feet, but even worse is Walhart's "ONE MILLION!" (1 000 000) soldiers, it's just too many. It's even worse than the 20 000 men in one castle on chapter 3-13 in FE10. 20 000 men could be an entire countries army in the late middle ages, and Skrimir says "only." But now I'm getting off topic, I liked the humour in this game, probably some of the funniest lines in FE since "father of Sothe's children."

liked the humour in this game, probably some of the funniest lines in FE since "father of Sothe's children."

Much funnier. Its obvious that this game is a bit more on the mature scale and innuendo is rife throughout. Its all over the place. So the humor is better as a result.

Yeah the no feet thing really does make some scenes a bit narmy. D:

Man... the liberties they took with Henry in the English localization were just the best.

You're one to talk with your REYgn of puns. But the localization did do a good job on Henry. Was not expecting a pun master.

Frederick x Panne.

Panne: All right, Frederick. I'm in animal form.

Panne: Now, how is it if I stand over here? I'm quite a long way from you.

Fred: Yes. That's fine.

Panne: Good. Now, if I come a little closer...

Fred: Y-yes, that's fine. ...I think.

Panne: And if I move a liiittle biiit cloooser...

Frederick: BEGONE, FOUL SHE-WITCH!

Edited by Balcerzak

Weird but funny... Hmm... Character design, yeah. Weapons didn't amuse me as much as FE12's.

The bandit brothers in the DLCs also qualify. And pretty much everything Owain says.

In Kellam and Sully's paired ending, "her husband's name was lost to history" or something like that.

[spoiler=↑]Same for all pairings involving Kellam.