What broke Fire Emblem Awakening for you?

31 members have voted

1. 1. What broke it?

If you played Fire Emblem Awakening on easy mode then you may have noticed a few things that made it a bit... too easy...

(P.S: my first post!)

Im assuming spoilers are allowed without being tagged here.

I voted skirmishing, reclassing, and children.

Reclassing is only broken with grinding thrown in to take advantage of it, but Morgan and Lucina are downright hideously broken on normal. I grinded them both maybe 2 skirmishes each and they could promote and solo entire maps. It's ridiculous.

Actually, it's less skirmishes that break the game and more the super cheap reeking boxes. They're just too tempting to not take advantage of, for me.

Nothing. Everything of that nature is optional (except maybe kids) so...i dont see the point of whinging about it. Personally, im having a great time with my Normal Classic file playing Spotpass stuff, skirmishes, etc. Its about fun. If you find harder modes to be fun, play the harder modes without using the optional content. :mellow:

Pair up is the culprit to me. Having 2 high level characters with A support (or S) is just completely crazy and the definition of overkill. Lucina can rape a whole chapter alone but can die? just make her pair up with someone and see her have stats higher than that of a maxed unit with limit breaker before the thing is even out.

I love anything that makes a hard gane much easier. |D; trying Hard mode fir the first time ever, and even with Casual mode its pretty tough. I abuse DLC so bad, yet I'm utterly shameless.

Only by abusing skirmishes is this game going to be "too" easy. Pair up also makes normal mode pretty easy but is somewhat necessary the higher you go and essential for Lunatic, so there's some parts of the game balanced around the mechanic. Just stay away from the reeking boxes and Outrealm Gate otherwise it'll be too late D:

I started with DLC abuse until I found out about abusing Spotpass for skills. At one point, I had a load of Dark fliers because DLC got too weak for them but not Spotpasses! XD

Skills like Galeforce, Luna, Armsthrift, etc. became very broken for me. Especially with units that have high skill. Equip a skill that activates based on your skill and that skill appears one too many times in battle. And then there's Galeforce: Kill and run. Best. Thing. Ever.

And children. Oh, those lovely children. It's like one unit in the place of two and now suddenly I got lots of room for units to use in maps except I don't because I got children on steriods. Haha...

I say DLC and reclassing. Among these options...

Skirmishes - not usable in Lunatic.

DLC - Lunatic's restrictions (enemies are either maxed or don't give experience) don't apply here. So even if you're going for the more innocent chapters (infinite weapons, future of despair...), you're at an advantage.

Children Characters - Consider them the reward bonus characters for working so hard on the parents (although training the children themselves would be easy enough).

Donnel (aptitude) - High growths, low cap. Nowhere close to being broken at all.

Reclassing - Yes, since this means everyone will eventually max everything. Combine with DLC to reduce the game's difficulty to almost zero. FE8's even crazier with infinite Swiftsoles, but that game requires an even crazier amount of grinding for that.

Bonus Teams - Fairly easy to abuse. They make it possible to buy brave weapons infinitely right after Chapter 3. But it's not as crazy as some other options.

RNG abuse - Nowhere close to the GBA games. This one's internal clock-reliant.

Exploits/other - You mean things like infinite money and infinitely power-uppable units? Money isn't really needed, and all-maxed units are much of a hassle to make.