KoT's Mystical Magical Lunatic "Efficiency" Run

8 members have voted

1. 1. Chapter 7 Or Prologue 2 First?

For Chapter 5, did you send Frederick and Sumia up the right side to aggro the boss and his cohorts on turn 1? I was messing around with that, but it tended to result in Avatar getting mobbed and dying, even on the fort.

I'm trying to catch up on chapters right now so that I can post my strat, but basically I had to hold out on pulling the boss until turn 3 to make it feasible. I had to position it so that nobody but Freddy killed most of the Wyverns, since he has like 19 DEF, a low chance to be hit, and ORKOs them with an iron sword. I fed MU about 2.5 levels on this map, though. I did go up the right, though.

Basically, the reinforcements on turn 3 screw my chances of 4 turning the map, in particular the one that spawns on the southwestern-most fort.

Basically, the reinforcements on turn 3 screw my chances of 4 turning the map, in particular the one that spawns on the southwestern-most fort.

The part that screwed mine up was actually the top area. I don't have the save for this chapter anymore, but if Lon'qu takes Chrom and sits on a forest, he can kill the Bandits in the south area with a crit or dual attack on turn 1. He has to dodge the Bandits and Dark Mage, and you need someone strong enough to finish the Mercenary (or a crit/double), but if you get that far, Lon'qu gets healed on turn 2, kills the Dark Mage, and then can drop Chrom on the fort on turn 3 before it spawns.

I didn't give either of them any stat boosters, so it should work. Unless you needed Lon'qu elsewhere.

The Physic staff obtained in Paralogue 2 isn't necessary to quick-clear Chapter 7. Minimizing cumulative turn count would probably be easier if you first do Chapter 7, which should be easily cleared in three turns with your current team and which I think cannot be cleared below three turns if you opt for full recruitment (people have cleared it in two turns on Hard mode, but I'm not sure if you'll recruit Cordelia that way). The more you postpone Paralogues, the faster you'll be able to clear them once you attempt them. My Chapter 8 clear was rather slow, so I can't say if the Physic staff might be important for a quick clear of that stage.