Which character have you had the hardest time leveling up?

Kaze

So I know we all have that one character that we have the hardest time leveling up due to either very poor stats or their default class and I was wonder who that character was for everyone. I have a feeling that a lot of people will say either Lissa, Maribelle, Donnel, or even Brady due to their default classes.

So personally, I think the unit that gave me the hardest time when leveling up would have to be Kellam or Sumia...Both weren't used much for me and when I got around to leveling them up, they took some time to level up...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's been the characters I never used at all, and now want to level to pass some skills on to kids. Sully, Stahl and Vaike mostly, so low leveled that I have to baby them on Marth DLC but try not to kill them myself.

Lissa for the beginning of the game was my highest level unit up until I changed her to a Pegasus Knight. Healers are easy to level.

Kellam for me. He's good as a support unit, but pretty trash as a combat unit imo. It might have been cause I kept him in the knight-general route. Reclassing him probably would have made him better, but oh well.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I kept Kellam as a Knight/General. He got dwarfed by Kjelle easily...Currently having problems leveling up Brady because he can't fight back and I'm used to healers that can fight back now. XD May decide to either reclass him or promote him once he learns his lvl 15 skill.

Lissa was the difficult one for me. She was beastly at the start of the game when I reclassed her to War Cleric and then she fell short somewhere in between with the lack of speed. I paired her up with Lon'qu and sadly that pair was the hardest pair to work with for some strange reason. Need to reclass Lissa to a different one than her current Sage class...

Hmm, I won't count people that I haven't used so I would say without a doubt that Virion was the most difficult to raise, he just never got any decent level ups, even with re-classing I still find him difficult to raise.

Cordelia is a hassle for me to train because she got RNG screwed, yet I somehow got her high enough as a Dark Flier to get Lightning Speed.

Training Sumia is less of a hassle, but she's still pretty frail, so that causes problems at times when I want to use her but not risk her dying.

Even my Avatar has problems with staying alive sometimes, but that's just because I chose my flaw to be defense... And I promoted myself too early without reclassing.

Virion, Donnel, Kellam, Stahl and Vaike. Although Donnel is such a beast when you reclass him. And my healers out-leveled all my other units.

Kellam. Armor knight curse strikes again. He just wouldn't proc speed so outside of being a double partner for training units, he doesn't really get any training treatment himself. Nowi is also somewhat irritating to level despite her growths and fast exp gain as a manakete. With a regular dragonstone her bases just kinda stink. Donnel sucks in the villager stage but afterwards he's no problem.

In this game healers are easy. Healing ends up netting more exp than killing. And mid/lategame if you need to blast through levels you can spam the rescue staff.

For me it was Lissa at first, but now that she has an S support with Lon'qu (and an energy drop or two) she's grown into her War Cleric role well. Now my pain in the ass are Frederick and Sumia; Frederick got shit for strength so far and Sumia is not much better and is rather frail, even with their S Support.......oh well, a little more leveling and luck should hopefully even things out, so I've learned with this game.......

Nowi and Tiki were surprisingly difficult for me to train. D8 Manaketes don't seem as useful in this game to me. Tiki got knocked out in her first real battle. >>;

Huh. I had more trouble with Panne because beaststones don't give much in the way of defensive boosts.

Lissa was the difficult one for me. She was beastly at the start of the game when I reclassed her to War Cleric and then she fell short somewhere in between with the lack of speed. I paired her up with Lon'qu and sadly that pair was the hardest pair to work with for some strange reason. Need to reclass Lissa to a different one than her current Sage class...

Lissa's soft, gentle and somewhat spoilt personality makes it difficult to pair her with him.That's why I paired Lon'qu with Tharja. As they are absolutely perfect for each other. Lon'qu is a man of few words and Tharja has always been a mystery to her existence and having a jealous streak. That's why that they are perfect for each other.

It's too bad since Severa is kinda cute...

She would be irritated by someone saying that about her. xD

Although Donnel is such a beast when you reclass him. And my healers out-leveled all my other units.

He also cannot promote with a Master Seal from his Villager class.

Ricken especially appears determined to never gain magic, ever.

Unless it's personnel experience, his speed isn't good either.

Tiki got knocked out in her first real battle. >>;

She always was difficult to save in her recruiting chapter with all the Griffon Knight reinforcements coming about doing a good job to surround you.

-----

It was hardest for me to pair Tiamo with Gaius (Japanese run). Probably because of Tiamo's soft and bubbly personality. =P

And Donnel was by far the hardest to raise even on normal.

Edited by Katarina

Lissa was tricky for me. Not that she didn't level, but later on, well, I'm the type to try to always use the lowest-possible-equipment for my situation - which meant Heal staves even nearing the end of the game (eventually I gave up and just brought Mend but). I also had very little times where I needed Physic or Fortify, and rarely did I need the full strength of a Restore, so by the time she'd gone Priest -> Troubadour -> War Cleric, she was getting maybe... eight EXP from a Heal staff use? Yeah, it started feeling really slow D:

As a more unusual answer, Ricken. Probably because I decided "eh why the hell not promote him now" and it led to a very, very long time where it felt like he was not getting any EXP at all. He very nearly got benched due to falling behind in stats as well; I'm not sure what exactly changed that though but he boosted back into a spot in my final roster by the end.

Lissa was tricky for me. Not that she didn't level, but later on, well, I'm the type to try to always use the lowest-possible-equipment for my situation - which meant Heal staves even nearing the end of the game (eventually I gave up and just brought Mend but). I also had very little times where I needed Physic or Fortify, and rarely did I need the full strength of a Restore, so by the time she'd gone Priest -> Troubadour -> War Cleric, she was getting maybe... eight EXP from a Heal staff use? Yeah, it started feeling really slow D:

As a more unusual answer, Ricken. Probably because I decided "eh why the hell not promote him now" and it led to a very, very long time where it felt like he was not getting any EXP at all. He very nearly got benched due to falling behind in stats as well; I'm not sure what exactly changed that though but he boosted back into a spot in my final roster by the end.

By changing a characters class, it's always best to do it at LV10. As EXP gains go down overtime after class change.

Edited by Katarina

I do DLC-grind, and I'd say Cordelia. She's useless as a magic unit, and that makes using her as a Dark Mage/Sorceror difficult. Genius, huh? Her in-game stats say otherwise.

Ricken fails as a magic unit too. He's anything but magical. So little speed and resistance. Dear Intelligent Systems, please make the next FE with a proper shota mage like you did with FE5 and FE6. High speed, good resistance, green hair.

And who else... Definitely Chrom, if you aim to max all stats. Vaike and Gregor too. Again, no resistance whatsoever. And then there's Kellam, who is very difficult to use as a priest.

But none of them are truly unusable. For really unusable units, look into FE10 instead. Now I want an FE10 remake with reclassing.