Does any...?

zez4eva4

I use casual and I've been playing fire emblem for years. I honestly find it expands my tactical options, since I no longer need to twist myself into contortions to keep everyone alive, which means I can use my characters as more disposable lures. If I have, say, Chrom near a forged silver axe berserker and he can't survive the hit, I can have, say, Lissa jump in front of him rather than needing to scrap the whole run. Similarly, it also gives me a lot of leeway and therefore flexibility in where I move and put my units. Easier? Absolutely, but I'd almost say it gives more tactical options.

I use casual because I hate one tiny mistake, oversight, or bad luck ruining an otherwise good run. |D; I hate when games are too hard, so anything to make Fire Emblem fun is a plus for me.

Does anyone use casual over classic and are the people who do new to the series?

First run was a Normal Classic because Casual mode kinda made me go "wut..."

But the second run is Normal Casual because im gonna be really fucking around with it. Like using everybody ever and unlocking some junk i may have missed and pair up all the kids, etc. Also because resetting on the 3DS is cumbersome as fuck all for me. Not to mention i really fucking hate it when i get a string of awesome level ups and then someone dies. So i restart and miss all those great level ups. D:<

If i play the harder modes, yeah itll be Casual because fuck the police.

resetting on the 3DS is cumbersome as fuck all for me.

Turning the 3DS off and back on and then starting up the game is annoying, but just pressing the home button and closing the game, then restarting it isn't that bad.

I don't play Casual because Classic is the way Fire Emblem was meant to be played. Just kidding. I like it because it's the way the other games are and it's more challenging. If I play Lunatic mode though, I'll definitely be playing it Casual. It's just too hard.

Turning the 3DS off and back on and then starting up the game is annoying, but just pressing the home button and closing the game, then restarting it isn't that bad.

I don't play Casual because Classic is the way Fire Emblem was meant to be played. Just kidding. I like it because it's the way the other games are and it's more challenging. If I play Lunatic mode though, I'll definitely be playing it Casual. It's just too hard.

Better yet just do a soft reset. Hold down L and R, then press select while holding L and R.

... Oh my god how did I not think of this?

I don't think I could play casual because I have an almost Pavlovian reaction to death in the series.

I accidentally made my first file Casual because I was just rushing through the options but didn't want to redo all the character creation stuff, as quick as it is. I'm lazy that way. I didn't mind it, honestly, even though consequences of losing a unit in battle are usually trivial. Making mistakes like forgetting the archer in Chapter 9 having a killer bow who easily critblicks Tharja becomes a lot less stressful.

Has anyone ended up ditching all their non-reclassed characters in the final few chapters like I did?

It seemed like after the chapter with walhart everyone that I had not reclassed multiple times became absolutely useless because they died too quickly and couldn't dodge for beans. I ended up only using the five characters I reclassed multiple times because only they could take multiple attacks and not die.

Also, for the original poster's question:I play casual but I play like I'm in classic. I like the mid-chapter saves. :x

Edited by MagicLeafy

I am playing it for the first time, so I went with the default options, as I always do, normal and classic. I am playing in Japanese right now, which is a total pain because you have to set the language every reset. In my second playthrough, I'll mix it up with... oh, probably hard and casual with English.