Characters you DON'T like?

FrostyFireMage

I really most sincerely dislike Vaike. If you lived in Australia you'd hate people like him with a passion.

I'm not particularly fond of Sumia or Cordelia either. Cynthia is the only likable base-class Pegasus Knight in the game IMO.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm forced to make some dude at the beginning of this weird game so I make him ugly, give him a pejorative name, and bench him.

Nah. I don't hate any units. I guess I really do have to try hard to remember there's a Kellam in my party, though.

Edited by Space Flower

I don't like Sumia for some reason, her stupidity isn't really funny to me. Sully I have mixed feelings about, and Sairi, she seems boring in every way, and her lack of supports don't make me want to forgive her.

I just totally posted characters i dont like much in another thread but REPOST!

Characters That Annoy Me Utterly:

(dont worry, there isnt many)

Severa!

I cannot get over how irritating this chick is. I can hardly bring myself to use her because shes so much of a flying snotrocket! She takes steaming dumps all over everyone including her parents. I think this is Tsundere gone horribly wrong. Ive begun to get very irritated at Tsunderes anyway, but this one...holy shit she takes the cake. Her supports are just "bitch bitch bitch." D:<

Anna.

Mostly from a gameplay perspective. Her personality makes me smile, but she didnt end up awesome on my run so she ended up warming the bench.

(Anna may end up being removed from the Stinker list if she ends up awesome for me eventually.)

Yarne.

He isnt a BAD character and some of the things he says are funny. "My foot is good luck!" "BUNNY KICK!" "I got stung by a bee! Its the last moments of my life!"

But his whole timid thing is kinda annoying. Especially since his mum is awesome.

Maribelle.

Shes not HORRIBLE, but her initial attitude can be extremely off putting. I have seen her supports and i know she isnt a total Severa, but her snooty attitude can grate on the nerves at times.

But the number one is definitely Severa. killitwithfire.gif

I think Sumia's support with Gaius makes her too cute to hate, personally speaking... but I know not everyone feels that way.

Nowi is one of my least favourites, and it's not because she's childish. Her supports are generally just short and boring. Kellam suffers from a similar problem except that his supports with Stalh and Donnel are somewhat informative to what his family is like and why no one notices him. I also just don't like Cordelia... I think she reminds me too much of my mom and helicopter parenting with the way she feels like she needs to intervene in everything the way she does...

Vaike i HATE Vaike with a PASSION and Sully YES YES SHUT UP I HATE HER I HATE HER so hear me out Sully is just terrible has no personality no story and she is dumb

I know what you think I hate her cause she is a tomboy I will say this now NO I AM A TOMBOY MYSELF and Vaike is just a idiot he is a RETARDED IDIOT WITH NO BRAIN AND HE SHOULD JUST DIE IF IT IS ANYONE I WOULD KILL IN THIS GAME CAUSE I DID NOT CARE IT IS VAIKE

and Cordelia and Severa I like them both Cordelia is a amazing and Severa is the best and if anyone says other why's any more you will be seeing me in night with a sword at your neck so say your prayers

Edited by Arch Sage

I don't really dislike anyone in this game, which is great. :D Although I was a bit ehh about Panne before I started using her and supported her with Gauis.

I have a few people in the games I don't like in the game, either from a gameplay perspective, a personality perspective, or both.

Personality wise, I really didnt care for Yarne, Vaike, Gangrel, Tharja, Cynthia, and Owain.

Yarne can be funny and cute at times, but his horrific shy and timid personality that never really changes (even if he gets a wife) really grates on my nerves. The Random Number Goddess also tended to take a dump on him and give him piss poor stats to.

Vaike was annoying. Plain and simple. Third person speech can be fine, a bit of haughtiness can be funny. Turns out that combining the two makes a cluster f#ck of annoyance. (I used him long enough to make sure his kids got good starting stats then benched him in favor of whatever kid he got that playthrough)

I cant forgive Gangrel. I really cant. His recruitment chapter was one I wish I could do again and again just for the beginning to see him call himself a maggot. Through the game I thought he was lower then scum for everything he did, expecially since, unlike most other of the main villians in the games (Walhart and Aversa being notable) he had no real justification for his position. He went mad becouse of the power he was given, which isnt an excuse to me. Many great men were given power and werent driven mad by it. I did get his supports just to fill my support library but damn did I not like it. (even if he was surprisingly charming in his S support)

Tharja scares me, point blank. I liked her before I played the game, and then I started playing it. Sure, she's hot and sexy and I'd totally want to bed her, but then she starts talking and I realize that she is completely insane. Henry at least scored some points becouse he is funny. Tharja wasnt so bad for me either, until I saw her daughter and learned what Tharja did to her daughter. One thing I cant stand (due to personal experiance) is a mother abusing her daughter. I really sympathize with Noire and relate to her becouse of our shared trait of having out mothers comepletely destroy our self-confidences and self-esteems. I can't really forgive Tharja for what she did to Noire. (although I don't bash people who like her. to each their own, and i do understand her charms)

Cynthia and Owain are just far to 'out there' for me. There is being funny for the sake of being funny and then there is being an idiot. Those two tend to crisscross that line a lot. Granted, their supports were both hilarious and heartwarming.

Gameplay wise I never really used Virion, Noire, Inigo, Brady, or Maribelle much.

Brady and Maribelle were just plain nightmares to level-up. Healers tend to be this with me, since the times I need them they'd be faaaaaaar far away in a distant galaxy called the other side of the fracking map seperating my desperately needing healing unit and their glowing staff of healing light. It never ended well (and a Sage!Lissa was worth raising)

Virion and Noire were just hard to level up becouse gameplay kept screwing me over. Archers not having the ability to attack the space right next to them really hurts, so it made it difficult to level up anything that started off as an archer (hence why I always reclassed Noire the SECOND I got a Second Seal to her). Virion was just an ungrateful pain in the arse that insisted on not dodging each blow, never crit anything (even with a Killer Bow facing a damn Griffon Knight), and his stats tended to come out rather poor. I usually never promoted him (except for one playthrough were I decided, come hell or high water, I WOULD use him, got him to be a Bow Knight or whatever it was called, and then laughed when he got ahold of swords and then proceeded to solo about 5 chapters on his own before getting crit to death by a boss)

I also dont care much for Nowi. She is cute and adorable and I think she is a good character (that will only be decent in combat if doubled becouse she tends to have crap stats with me) but not as a love interest. I would have been much happier if she had a much SMALLER support pool that had only the youngest characters to support with her (like making it so only a 'shota' Avatar could support with her)

The lolicon and shotacon implications with her scare the crap out of me.

They do with Ricken to but he is easy enough to NOT pair off since he wont give you a child if you do pair him off (his wife will, who can easily be paired with someone else).

Donnel doesnt scare me becouse he's older than he looks.

Severa. So much so Severa. She's alone in my hatred, too. Her only redeeming factor is that she turned out to be one of the most powerful characters in my army.

I did not initially like Maribelle or Panne at all, either. Maribelle got better during her supports with Libra, and Panne ended up alright as a mixture of her mother supports and the fact that she ended up kicking so, so much posterior.

I really most sincerely dislike Vaike. If you lived in Australia you'd hate people like him with a passion.

I'm Australian and I love Vaike, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I love everyone in this game though. Dialogue is a real joy to read so I find it difficult to not like anyone. If there was anyone I didn't like it might be Ricken, but that's just because he's such a shitty mage.

I don't really have one(luckily).

The hate on Vaike surprises me, I'd say he's a nice individual but some people have their standards. Same as Sully, she's kinda unique and funny sometimes.

Why would you hate Cordelia though? I don't really find what's to be hated on her. She's a great character, at least for me.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

My strong hate goes towards Sumia. She reminds me too much of Colette in Tales of Symphonia where, yes, she does this too, she trips over absolutely nothing. I don't even know how Chrom manages to like someone like her. Lloyd (from Symphonia), I can understand, but Chrom's smarter than that. The pairing was definitely NOT cute at all. I avoid her like a plague. If this was Fire Emblem with their permadeath and I wasn't so keen on keeping all of my units alive, I'd drop her dead the minute she joined the game.

I tried so hard to like Severa.. but I just can't do it. She is the only character I can say that I absolutely do not like. I find nothing about her personality or character appealing.

I have no problems with anyone else, though.

I'm Australian and I love Vaike, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fair enough. I just have a low tolerance for loud egotistical meatheads.

And I may have been too harsh on Cordelia and Sumia. Sumia is kind of cute and I love her voice, and Cordelia is great too - she just seems "too" perfect, if you know what I mean.

Sumia (Gameplay Only).

I like her somewhat, but on the end, I did enjoy her personality (reminds me of Colette, my favorite RPG character ever)... but unlike the character she reminds me of... she falls flat. She dies if so much as a fly sneezes at her, and doesn't do any damage with anything. Getting her some skillage was an adventure and a half. (And yes, I know, she somehow incurred the RNGoddess's wrath. Probably because my MU left her-- She was the first "S-Rank" I saw... I reset. And never had my MU with her again. After that point, she started getting Dud levels (0s. "I can't do anything right...") left and freaking right.)

Panne.

Too damn close to those disgusting sub-human trash units that I generally hate from FE9/10. She hit the bench immediately.

Donnel

Worthless and bad and I know it. He got used for gold grinding then his job got taken by Gold Gaffe. Benched. Never getting un-benched.

Gangrel.

I don't care what his motivations were, he was a ****, and he reminded me of that one bastard from FE4 who got Elty killed for whatever reason. I murdered him on his Paralogue and finished the chapter with a smile. And then saved.

Moulder.

Because him and Marisa took Joshua and Natasha's spots.

I like Vaike quite a lot and find him really endearing, but I'm not surprised that there are people who dislike him. Strongly defined personalities more easily have people either quickly like or dislike them.

Based solely on characterization, I'm REALLY not fond of Sully or Donnel. And while I wouldn't say I dislike her, I LOVE Sumia and Cordelia while Cynthia is just... there.

So far, I only dislike Sumia. I just don't find her stupidity funny or her character interesting. I do like her talent with animals though. Also, she's so dumb that she doesn't know a punch from a slap. I just don't find that funny either.

Every other character I do like enough not to dislike. So far. I haven't met every one of them yet.

So far, I only dislike Sumia. I just don't find her stupidity funny or her character interesting. I do like her talent with animals though. Also, she's so dumb that she doesn't know a punch from a slap. I just don't find that funny either.

Every other character I do like enough not to dislike. So far. I haven't met every one of them yet.

Just wait until you meet Severa.