Really Neato Mafia game thread

Excellen Browning

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't RVS votes supposed to be non-serious?

##Unvote: Cam

##Vote: MancerNecro

cause anyone who hates fun is obviously scum.

Non-serious =/= joke.

People do still have to be accountable for their RVS votes.

I don't like it when players just laugh off ED1 votes as "joke so they mean nothing" votes, especially when all these votehopping ED1 is still considered scummy.

I actually missed what you said, oops.

It was less about turbo lynching and more pushing a reaction, which I haven't liked too much. Something has to get us out of RVS. My vote stays for now: sleeping.

That doesn't answer my point at all. My point is why didn't you do that right away instead of waiting for somebody else to do it first? My vote stays for now: playing TRS.

In all fairness, we don't really have much to go by. Whilst SB hasn't done much other than try and get a response from people, the town will lose if we don't lynch. Also, I still like waffles.

ED1 scumteam guess: SB/Shinori

SB based off what I said earlier and Shinori because in the convo I had with him he didn't really say much. He also indicated that he'd be okay with piling votes on Mancer for reactions and then never actually did it.

ED1 scumteam guess: SB/Shinori

SB based off what I said earlier and Shinori because in the convo I had with him he didn't really say much. He also indicated that he'd be okay with piling votes on Mancer for reactions and then never actually did it.

I told you one thing and I told Prims something else. I got the reactions I wanted.

Also forgive me for not saying much when you yourself chose to not reply.

[3:20:08 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: what do you think?

[3:20:30 PM] shinori8: Of prim's plan?

[3:20:35 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: yeah

[3:20:36 PM] shinori8: It's a blind policy lynch

[3:20:41 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: or in general about stuff

[3:20:48 PM] shinori8: It solves our issue of getting 1 lynch in the day phase which is find

[3:20:54 PM] shinori8: However I'm kind of wary of how he's doing it.

[3:20:57 PM] shinori8: It just seems weird.

[3:21:16 PM] shinori8: The plan is a policy lynch people who cause issues or whatever

[3:21:29 PM] shinori8: <Prims> would you vote him?

<Prims> Mancer tends to be weird when people press him and he's scum

[3:22:42 PM] shinori8: I think doing one lynch for the day phase is find

[3:22:46 PM] shinori8: Then seeing who mafia kill.

[3:23:08 PM] shinori8: I think piling up a few votes on Mancer would be fine for a reactiona lthough im not sure about outright lynching him

[3:23:15 PM] shinori8: I'd like to have the cahnce first to talk to some people

[3:37:18 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: what do you think of multilynching today?

[3:43:58 PM] shinori8: Eh

[3:44:02 PM] shinori8: Without any info it won't help

[3:44:12 PM] shinori8: Which is also why policy lynching won't help much either I don't think

If you wanted to continue talking so desperately then why did you choose to not say anything else? Also if you look at that convo I'm pretty sure I actually spoke more out of the two of us. Your total of two questions was definitely a lot of talking.

And moving on: I feel like putting my vote here. I haven't really liked his actions or his thought processes.

<Prims> policy lynching mancer: good idea y/n

<Shino> just stupid stuff

<Shino> I say maybe let it go for a bit and see if we can get anyone to slip

<Prims> would you vote him?

<Prims> Mancer tends to be weird when people press him and he's scum

<Shino> I guess. Unless I find someone better to vote.

<Prims> so I think we could gain reaction from it even if we don't policy lynch him

<Shino> If you want a reaction

<Shino> We could always fake logs with mancer and then post them

<Shino> just for reaction

<Prims> I think that's a bit too obviously a reaction test

<Shino> True

<Shino> Yeah I'd vote him.

To me it feels like a bad way to go around about this whole situation. If people had chose to policy lynch Mancer it would not have helped our situation at all. All that would have happened would have been a blind lynch based on policy headed by Prims. That doesn't really benefit us in the way of reads which frankly makes it so scum can kill whoever they wanted if we ended the day phase at that time.

##Vote: Prims

[3:22:42 PM] shinori8: I think doing one lynch for the day phase is find

[3:22:46 PM] shinori8: Then seeing who mafia kill.

Just saying that anybody pushing this as a good idea is playing pro-scum.

<Prims> Really, I think this D1 should be played like that one assassin in the palace where Helios was the king

<BBM> lol

<Prims> find universal scumread, quicklynch, find another then do the same, then use remaining discussion time for final lynch

<Prims> SF is terrible at consolidating so discussion time cuts down the odds we'll be able to triple lynch tbh

<Prims> This sounds really anti-town on paper but I still think it's the best way to go about today

##Unvote

##Vote: Shin

Pretty obvscum active lurking post.

Shinori, you said that you told me and Prims different things. From what it says from the logs you posted, you told both of us the exact same thing- that you'd be willing to vote Mancer. Except you didn't. You're also completely missing the point of Prims's plan. It wasn't about turbolynching Mancer, it was about lynching multiple people today.

I didn't say much because someone came to the door and I had to go for 10-15 minutes.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Shinori

Since SB won't be here for a while anyways.

i would post my obligatory "mancer doesn't like fun = scum" but that's been done so uh

##unvote

I personally don't like the idea of randolynching since that's statistically unlikely to hit scum yet and there are enough reactions go go off so far

That still doesn't answer why you didn't come back and continue talking when you got back. I assumed you were busy so I waited.

And no I didn't miss the idea of his plan. I did say I would be willing to vote Mancer. I never once said I was going to. You should actually look at what I said to both of you.

To prims I told him I'd vote him in accordance to his plan. Never did though because I didn't have to.

To you I said I would vote him but I also said I wanted to talk to a few people first. Besides only about an hour after we were done talking Mancer had replied and I had no need to vote him at that time.

At this point in time, I'm not liking the Prims/BBM pseudo-alliance. It feels a little bit too opportunistic and they could honestly just be scum collaborating with each other to lead easy mislynches on town. I propose that town does not hand lynch sovereignty over to both of them first.

I'd like SB to reply to BBM's questions as well as respond to the issue on his "joke" votes. SB's skirting around the bush with his posts and comments is making him look bad. It's like active lurking without much contribution to scum hunting.

[spoiler=Shinori Issue {Contains some speculation}]The whole Shinori thing is neutral to me for now. I question his motive behind laying down his vote and him delaying it though, since Shinori's vote could potentially cause me to have been quick hammered. I'm wondering if Shinori was actually waiting for me (or anyone else) to get to L-1 before he leaves his vote on and "accidentally" hammers. I realise this is a lot of speculation, so I'm placing this in a spoiler tag for those who want to ignore it.

##Unvote: Serious Bagels

Since it seems SB won't be around for a while (according to BBM anyway).

[b[##Vote: Doofina[/b]

1) Quick to defend SB, almost as if me attacking SB is akin to me attacking her.

2) Only made one post so far to comment on me taking "joke" votes seriously but did not comment on other in-thread issues at that time.

3) Not sure if this is a point, but she vote parked.

4) She's kinda MIA and lurking, I guess.

Ignore my previous post, I made a formatting error

##Unvote: Serious Bagels

Since it seems SB won't be around for a while (according to BBM anyway).

##Vote: Doofina

1) Quick to defend SB, almost as if me attacking SB is akin to me attacking her.

2) Only made one post so far to comment on me taking "joke" votes seriously but did not comment on other in-thread issues at that time.

3) Not sure if this is a point, but she vote parked.

4) She's kinda MIA and lurking, I guess.

1) I didn't like your reasoning for voting for SB, because I consider RVS votehopping to be worthy of a serious vote this early in the game. To me, I think it's more of a grasping at straws vote than anything else.

2) No defense against my lack of posts in thread, which at this point is something I do in /every/ mafia game, but aside from my meta, you have my Skype if you want to OC with me. I've been OCing with Prims, Shinori, BBM and Shin. You have my Skype if you want to get information out to me.

3) Why is vote parking this early a problem? You're my biggest scumread right now, so I'm sticking with it. See point one for reasoning why.

Yeah, between your third and fourth point, I really think you're grasping for reasons to vote for me, which isn't helping your case with regards to my opinion.

How come I have like every one of you on my skype, and only a single player has sent me a message? Do I honestly have to initiate conversation to get people to talk to me?

Prims is likely town because he pulled his gambit with only a select few versus going full on public. My thoughts anyway.

##Vote End Phase

I'll gladly collect your votes now, that's if you're up to the task of voting for me with this dumbass attempt at bait.