Things You Thought You'd Never See In FE

deathinajar

Time travelling. It breaks stories IMO. Now I don't even know if FE2 and FE12 (FE11: see below) happened in the same timeline as FE13.

FE11 do look alternate enough that it and FE12 are on separate timelines in my mind. You don't never meet some people (sidequest characters) and call them old comrades two years later.

Also Vincent

Time travelling. It breaks stories IMO. Now I don't even know if FE2 and FE12 (FE11: see below) happened in the same timeline as FE13.

FE11 do look alternate enough that it and FE12 are on separate timelines in my mind. You don't never meet some people (sidequest characters) and call them old comrades two years later.

Also Vincent

I'm 95% sure that it was a retcon of their stupid recruitment requirements, and the game is not supposed to be on a second timeline, although, eh, can't really tell you what to think I guess.

That said, I wasn't really expecting them to make a game like Fire Emblem Awakening, combining all the best elements of the series into one, save, sadly, for the story.

To me, Fire Emblem Awakening seems to be more in celebration of the series itself than something a more serious title would be.

Although, perhaps that is just my opinion.

Edited by Starlight36

I'm 95% sure that it was a retcon of their stupid recruitment requirements, and the game is not supposed to be on a second timeline, although, eh, can't really tell you what to think I guess.

That said, I wasn't really expecting them to make a game like Fire Emblem Awakening, combining all the best elements of the series into one, save, sadly, for the story.

To me, Fire Emblem Awakening seems to be more in celebration of the series itself than something a more serious title would be.

Although, perhaps that is just my opinion.

Yes, I realized that the whole timeline thing is more of a compromise so that you can use both generations at the same time. (Should've just make them age up normally. Forty-somethings can still fight and look good.)

I'd say pretty much the same on how Awakening is more of a series celebration. I'm just disappointed that it breaks the story in the process.

- The reliativley minimal backlash for NA Genealogy names (especially after the FE11 shitstorm)

You know? You're right. I haven't even seen heavy backlash for the odd ones like Raquesis or the left-field ones like Ulster.

How odd.

Edited by Integrity