Game of Thrones season 3

Aizenberg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you use....unscrupulous means.

I said that with my fingers steepled and laughing evilly.

Just buy the box set later and it's fine IMO. I did that for Season Two and am now the proud owner of two pretty looking box sets next to my collection of hardcover main series novels and my bank where I save money up to buy a Longclaw replica next Montreal ComicCon

Still, I'm really excited for this season, as Storm of swords is easily the best book in the series, and it's split. In. Two.

Which means we won't have the Season 2 problem of 'not enough screentime'.

Also?

MAJOR SEASON 3 SPOILERS/RUMORS NO SERIOUSLY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ STORM OF SWORDS DON'T OPEN.

I cannot wait to see the Red Wedding televised, because we all know that's going to be the final episode (Or maybe Episode 9). My family has never read the books but watches the show with me, and their favorite character is Robb Stark. Mwahahaha.

Just buy the box set later and it's fine IMO. I did that for Season Two and am now the proud owner of two pretty looking box sets next to my collection of hardcover main series novels and my bank where I save money up to buy a Longclaw replica next Montreal ComicCon

Still, I'm really excited for this season, as Storm of swords is easily the best book in the series, and it's split. In. Two.

Also?

MAJOR SEASON 3 SPOILERS/RUMORS NO SERIOUSLY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ STORM OF SWORDS DON'T OPEN.

I cannot wait to see the Red Wedding televised, because we all know that's going to be the final episode (Or maybe Episode 9). My family has never read the books but watches the show with me, and their favorite character is Robb Stark. Mwahahaha.

It's practically confirmed for episode 9 (some band tweeted that they had just finished filming a certain song for Episode 9 or something)

Yes I am very very excited for this season and it's breaking records again again which is always nice.

I enjoyed the first season a lot, much less so the second one which seemd to make less sense and sometimes was just random to me. I hope the third season will be better.

And more like the books, because second season took liberties I did not like at all. Like not doing the proper siege of King's Landing

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Also?

Yeah. Storm of Swords was just magnificence. That entire book has so many badass things happening at once.

Oh god I hope they actually show them sewing Grey Wind onto Robb's shoulders. It will ruin so many fanboys/girls fragile little minds. :newyears:

I enjoyed the first season a lot, much less so the second one which seemd to make less sense and sometimes was just random to me. I hope the third season will be better.

And more like the books, because second season took liberties I did not like at all. Like not doing the proper siege of King's Landing

I haven't seen the end of the second season but I'd heard it was a fairly accurate representation. What did they end up getting wrong?

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Yeah. Storm of Swords was just magnificence. That entire book has so many badass things happening at once.

Oh god I hope they actually show them sewing Grey Wind onto Robb's shoulders. It will ruin so many fanboys/girls fragile little minds. :newyears:

I haven't seen the end of the second season but I'd heard it was a fairly accurate representation. What did they end up getting wrong?

They didn't have Tyrion's Chain, which is the big thing I can think of. Oh and

It was Loras instead of Garlan Tyrell leading the Highgarden forces. I honestly can't recall if he was disguised as Renly or not

Oh god I'm having so much fun talking about this with friends. They'll say who they dislike, who they like. It's great to hear them say how much they hate Tywin when I know about Roose Bolton.

"You think Tywin's pretty ruthless eh?" with a smile is the most I've said. It is getting harder to resist as time goes on.

In terms of rulers he would probably actually be the person I most prefer. He's about order. He's not afraid to stoop to disgusting means to get the job done, but he's definitely about maintaining a well-oiled machine. If he were the guy in charge instead of psychos like Joffrey or drunks like Robert, the kingdom would probably be much better off.

He's one of the better written "bad guys" of the story, I think.

that depends on which book you read

True, I guess.

Jeez, how much of this thread is spoilers?

But yes, Tywin would be a competent dictator. Still a dictator, but actually good at his frigging job.

Y'know.

Not Joffrey.

and then Jon gets his hands on the nuclear reactor beyond the Wall? Yes, it will be a grand moment indeed...

Spoilers exist and I aint hiding them.

Neither wedding will be the season finale or even close to it. Let's not forget Oberyn's death, Tyrion's escape or Arya's romp with the Hound. These are things that came after both weddings, never mind the Red Wedding.

Spoilers exist and I aint hiding them.

Neither wedding will be the season finale or even close to it. Let's not forget Oberyn's death, Tyrion's escape or Arya's romp with the Hound. These are things that came after both weddings, never mind the Red Wedding.

Seasons 3 and 4 encompass Book 3 (and perhaps some of 4), so the RW can easily be the Season 3 climax.

Why would you be reading a speculation thread for a future season of a show if you gave a shit about spoilers? That's why.

Because it could involve discussion and speculation from people that haven't read the books?

Why would you be reading a speculation thread for a future season of a show if you gave a shit about spoilers? That's why.

Because not everyone has read all the books and doesn't want to get spoilered by the people who did?

Anyway, way to be assholes you chumps

We could set up a seperate thread. I mean, the having-read-the-books crowd is basically nothing BUT spoilers, and it's kind of ridiculous.

We could set up a seperate thread. I mean, the having-read-the-books crowd is basically nothing BUT spoilers, and it's kind of ridiculous.

Why does it matter? It requires like a half-second extra effort.