Game of Thrones season 3

Aizenberg

If they haven't read the books, we can just make cryptic hints to mess with their heads. No-one actually explained what the Red Wedding is yet, right?

DON'T GOOGLE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ STORM OF SWORDS. You'll ruin one of the most painful moments in fantasy history.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good ol' rw

and I've said it a million times here that season 3 will not be all of a storm of swords, and a storm of swords will not be two entire seasons. David and Dan have said that they are looking to adapt the series as a whole, not book-by-book.

Pretty sure the King's Landing wedding eclipses the Red Wedding in sheer abnormality. Considering that the KLW induces more WTF moments during the wedding itself than the Red Wedding.

• 3 weeks later...

good episode. mance was bloody awesome in this

didn't know they skipped the fist of the first men battle. that sucked

Spoilers exist and I aint hiding them.

Neither wedding will be the season finale or even close to it. Let's not forget Oberyn's death, Tyrion's escape or Arya's romp with the Hound. These are things that came after both weddings, never mind the Red Wedding.

dont be an asshole and spoil it for everyone else.

if you guys want to talk about the book stuff. make another thread

Edited by Aizenberg

I started this show this week and am half way through season 2. It reminds me a lot of Fire Emblem. People betraying each other, some people loyal and others evil, different kingdoms, and dragons... and pushing it the "close" family relationships. It just has a Fire Emblem feel to me.

Edited by Guy Starwind

^Har. Especially when you think of some localization choices in Awakening....

Man, id kill for a great ASOIAF FE hack.

Oh hai! a GoT thread! WooooooooOOOoo!

Did anyone love the premiere episode? I did and im a book fan. Margaery Tyrell is awesome. I like how the show is portraying her.

I also loved me some Mance. Mance Mance Mance Mance. If only they had his lute...

Really excited about sunday. One of my favorite scenes from the series is gonna be on the tv.

Sansa and the Tyrells have lunch and talk Joff. :):

Plus some Reed action and seeing where Arya goes.

You guys are dicks talking about the RW! Yer mean!

I need to watch this show. I need to... But I don't have HBO, so I'll have to sail with my ship once more. I've read all the books, but the Red Wedding isn't the only scene I'm hype to watch:

The siege at the Wall, the Moon Gate, Uncat, Jaime comming back, Arya and the Hound, Jon becomming the Don, and all of the Daenerys scenes, including the ones with Tauroneo Barristan

I think I won't be hype for a long time, after this season ends. Book 4 was kind of boring, though Book 5 was awesome and I'm looking forward to watching some epic scenes as well.

Edited by Rapier

you could always watch it illegally....

I started this show this week and am half way through season 2. It reminds me a lot of Fire Emblem. People betraying each other, some people loyal and others evil, different kingdoms, and dragons... and pushing it the "close" family relationships. It just has a Fire Emblem feel to me.

you were probably thinking of fire emblem 4 lol. i also made that comparison when i first watched it

because, you know, fire emblem 4 is the shit

Edited by Aizenberg

you could always watch it illegally....

you were probably thinking of fire emblem 4 lol. i also made that comparison when i first watched it

because, you know, fire emblem 4 is the shit

That's it I'm making a FE4 series like this show.

For the actual show I only have like three episodes and I'm caught up on it. My brother read some of the books and said they weren't very good.

That's it I'm making a FE4 series like this show.

For the actual show I only have like three episodes and I'm caught up on it. My brother read some of the books and said they weren't very good.

Your brother has...opinions. They can be called opinions.

Trying to stay positive here.

Your brother has...opinions. They can be called opinions.

Trying to stay positive here.

My brother and I think alike on most things. However, since I've never read any of the books I can't agree with him on this one. Like you said until or if I do that's just his opinion. If they're anything like the show I might read them.

My brother read some of the books and said they weren't very good.

Your brother's full of snot. :P:

Ive read the books and they rule. The show is awesome but in parts, the books are way better due to details.

Good episode tonight! I love me some Reeds and some Olenna Tyrell!

The books are crazy good. I don't know what Guy Starwind's brother is thinking. If you like reading and you like the show there is absolutely no reason you will not like the books.

As for this episode...

Really slow episode, with some fantastically written scenes and acting. I always view TV series as a whole and not as a per-episode thing so this episode was just setting stuff up for us, something that I don't really mind. I wasn't a fan of how the Reeds had very little introduction. It was like they just appeared and were suddenly regulars or something. They barely revealed their motives on top of that. I'm sure it will be explored later in the season but their appearance just feels so shoehorned at the moment.

The Tyrion/Shae scenes feel very weak. I know that we're supposed to be seeing a side of Tyrion that we don't usually get to see but I feel like they are Dinklage's weakness and the writing was just really cheesy. Some good foreshadowing there when Tyrion talked about Sansa's objective attractiveness.

Everything else was great. I particularly like the direction they're taking Margaery in, even if she's wildly different to the books, and even if Natalie Dormer has that weird facial asymmetry thing.

[spoiler=the crossbow]Some nice foreshadowing with the crossbow, too, for other bookreaders. I wonder whose hands that one will end up in...?

Edited by Agro

The reeds stuff sucked. Did anyone catch a word of what Bran and Jojen were saying? pretty sure they were mumbling.

Thoros was the best thing about this episode. Him and his crew.

Jaime vs Brienne fight was pants. Brienne wasn't that good in the books.

Shae sucks as usual.

Olenna was awesome.

ok episode

The reeds stuff sucked. Did anyone catch a word of what Bran and Jojen were saying? pretty sure they were mumbling.

I caught it just fine ._.

The books are crazy good. I don't know what Guy Starwind's brother is thinking. If you like reading and you like the show there is absolutely no reason you will not like the books.

As I recall it he said he enjoyed the first few but said the later ones didn't do it for him. Now that I've at least watched the show I'm going to ask him about it and see what he thinks. This was all before I knew a thing about any of it. I'll give them a try though and see for myself.

Cool episode this week! Lots of shoutouts to book-readers--"Meereenese knot" was great--and a great shocker at the end (I was expecting a cut-to-black ending). Some weirdly placed scenes, though, like Catelyn crying? I feel like all she's done this season is mope. Definitely an improvement over last week's episode, and the one before that. Now that we've revisited everyone, the ball should be rolling.

pretty sure we've seen more of theon than of any other male actor

sam is still a useless fat fuck with no redeeming qualities, so they're staying true to the books there

i miss jory

lol wtf was that ending. jaime taking a minute to realise his hand was chopped off. and then the end credits music lol

Haven't you ever accidentally cut yourself before? That shit usually takes ages to register. The end credits music (not sure if you realised) is actually just a punk rock version of the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

Theon's storyline is great at the moment, IMO. Even some book readers haven't caught on to what's happening yet :D

I thought that rendition of the Bear and the Maiden Fair was awful. I mean I thought it was okay, but it kind of undermined how I'd heard it in my head, I guess. I'd always imagined each "bear" to be enunciated very strongly.

• 2 weeks later...

roose

stannis

tywin & family

olenna

robb

were the highlights of this episode

dany

jaime & brienne

jorah & barristen

jon & ygritte

the hound fight

arya

made the episode suck as usual

Edited by Aizenberg

"My name is Ozymandias, look upon my bad tastes, ye normal folk, and despair."

Jaime and Brienne are awesome and I like their scenes a lot so don't say bad things about them or I'll fight you