MM LTC playthrough

Chiki

Does anyone want to see me record one some time in the future? It's currently on my to do list along with an Awakening LTC.

I'm also wondering whether I should use Jill or Marcia. Jill has some issues thanks to her not being able to be shoved by Mordecai and Muarim though.. but Marcia is also too weak--though that can be remedied with Adept and some Javelin crits.

Is there any way to get Adept on 17-3 on turn 1?

I never finished MM so I'm not sure about this, but I don't think there's enough bexp to give both of them good enough combat, at least in a reasonable timeframe.

Jill would probably be more reliable, but not being able to be shoved is a problem. If you were able to get the Statue Frag in the prison, that would fix that, but then he couldn't be carried by promoted Oscar and Kieran, which I recall being useful. I'm guessing Marcia would probably still be the better choice, but that would mean more resets.

Isn't doubling a much bigger issue on MM? That might make Marcia the better unit to invest into, and Killer Lance could somewhat replicate Adept's luck-reliant activation. Jill's most noticeable advantage over Marcia is her physical durability, but you might be worried about the slight difference in strength more for ORKOing enemies.

With Maniac mode's increased difficulty and significantly less Bexp, Im pretty sure Jill only costs 1-2 turns when using Marcia. So you should use both of them.

Lets see, Marcia costs 1 turn on Chapter 3, and the 6 turn clear of Chapter 9 would be impossible on Maniac so she would cost 2 maybe 3 turns there. Thats 4 turns for Marcia.

If you skip Marcia, Jill would cost 0-1 turns on Chapter 11. The 3 turn is impossible and a 4 turn might be pretty difficult on Maniac. And im not sure how many turns would be lost on Chapter 12. You would need to 8 turn Chapter 12 without Marcia, and Im not sure what would be possible with her. Im pretty sure 2 turns is impossible so it would end up being a 4 or 5 turn clear. So thats 3-4 turns for a total of 5 turns for only Jill. With Marcia though, Jill doesnt cost any turns on Chapter 12.

If you get them both it would cost the 4 for Marcia + 1 for Jill for 5 turns. So if im not mistaken: 4 for only Marcia, 5 for only Jill, 5 maybe 6? for both.

Well, maniac's less bexp means even more so that I can only use one of Jill and Marcia.

I think I'll be able to get promoted Marcia by 12, since I would go for a seven turn of chapter 9 instead. No bexp for Mia.

I think I can RNG abuse for durability so no need for that.

I actually need to buy the game on eBay first though...

Is it true that I can forge 255 crit on any weapon? Serenes seems to say so. I could forge 255 crit Javs for Marcia though that's kinda cheap.

Edited by Olwen

If you're willing to reset for stuff, Marcia seems to be clearly better. I'd imagine it'll be a lot of resets, however. It's also possible there's some optimized combination that uses both.

It is extremely difficult to one-round stuff at 1-2 range in general, even with Adept. 50+ hp/20+ def is very common on lategame enemies. I was planning on 255 crit Calill for my run. It's on Fixed though, and has been severely delayed by various Awakening runs. >_>

The enemies near Oliver move whereas they don't in HM iirc, so if they move before Oliver on enemy phase, Adept is obtainable. Otherwise, probably not.

Edited by XeKr

255 crit slim lance doesn't seem that amazing when you consider that it a) is really expensive and b) still has less MT than a steel lance, which is a dealbreaker when the user's str is close to the opponent's def

MM has very high enemy density though so you might actually be able to get away with using both fliers, you just have to focus on one of them first.