Crossovers with Other Series

Randoman

Seeing how Fire Emblem is crossing over with Shin Megami Tensei, what other series would you like to see Fire Emblem crossover with?

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a JRPG, SRPG, or Dissidia style fighter Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem crossover (as long as they don't shaft older FEs and FFs in terms of representation). Seeing FE characters interacting with their FF parallels (like Rudolf and Golbez, Ike and Squall, Nergal and Kefka) would be pretty awesome. Seeing Fire Emblem characters fight Dissidia style (completely breaking physics, juggling opponents with lightnging fast weapon strikes, and sending them flying across the whole area) would be the coolest thing ever.

Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest would be quite awesome too, though I don't have as many good ideas for that particular crossover.

Fire Emblem and Zelda, definitely. They'd mix together perfectly because both have medieval and fantasy elements. The gameplay is vastly different between the two, but I'm sure there could be a way to work with that.

This would also likely get FE more attention because Zelda is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises and very popular. So there are plenty of people that would buy a Zelda crossover.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, lately I've been thinking it would be awesome if Guild Wars: Prophecies were to hypothetically be remade as a Fire Emblem game. Not that that would ever happen, unless it were a daring hack or something.

Or a Pokemon Fire Emblem. Just imagine, Gerome as the champion of the Elite Four. You could only have 6 units out at a time, and they'd all be Pokemon. 649 different classes. Instead of swords, lances, etc, you'd equip moves. It would be awesome.

Edited by Crixler

Seeing how Fire Emblem is crossing over with Shin Megami Tensei, what other series would you like to see Fire Emblem crossover with?

I'd definitely be interested in seeing a JRPG, SRPG, or Dissidia style fighter Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem crossover (as long as they don't shaft older FEs and FFs in terms of representation). Seeing FE characters interacting with their FF parallels (like Rudolf and Golbez, Ike and Squall, Nergal and Kefka) would be pretty awesome. Seeing Fire Emblem characters fight Dissidia style (completely breaking physics, juggling opponents with lightnging fast weapon strikes, and sending them flying across the whole area) would be the coolest thing ever.

Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest would be quite awesome too, though I don't have as many good ideas for that particular crossover.

All those you mentioned are good, but most of all I want Fire Emblem to have a crossover with Zelda. Even if it's just a Zelda game with Fire Emblem gameplay and archetypes, it would be an awesome game. Things like Gorons and Zora's as recruitable units, acquiring the Master Sword, fighting whatever it is you'd be fighting, that'd be fun. Dungeons could be element themed maps, like a fire dungeon with fire spaces littered across the battlefield, and things like that. And it isn't too unrealistic of an idea since they are both first-party Nintendo titles. When I heard they were going to add DLC to Awakening, I was surprised Link wasn't going to be a character that could be recruited, it would have been cool. (Not that Link doesn't already have enough cameos in Nintendo games)

Fire Emblem and Zelda, definitely. They'd mix together perfectly because both have medieval and fantasy elements. The gameplay is vastly different between the two, but I'm sure there could be a way to work with that.

This would also likely get FE more attention because Zelda is one of Nintendo's flagship franchises and very popular. So there are plenty of people that would buy a Zelda crossover.

I always thought of that crossover. Link is the main hero and he uses the master sword which kind of sounds close to all the fire emblem games.

All those you mentioned are good, but most of all I want Fire Emblem to have a crossover with Zelda. Even if it's just a Zelda game with Fire Emblem gameplay and archetypes, it would be an awesome game. Things like Gorons and Zora's as recruitable units, acquiring the Master Sword, fighting whatever it is you'd be fighting, that'd be fun. Dungeons could be element themed maps, like a fire dungeon with fire spaces littered across the battlefield, and things like that. And it isn't too unrealistic of an idea since they are both first-party Nintendo titles. When I heard they were going to add DLC to Awakening, I was surprised Link wasn't going to be a character that could be recruited, it would have been cool. (Not that Link doesn't already have enough cameos in Nintendo games)

Basically what I had in mind, though with additional named Zelda characters to balance out how many FE ones we'd be able to recruit. I was actually going to write an FE/Zelda crossover fic as well, though it takes place in the same timeline as one of my current FE fics as well as my Zelda one. xP

Well, lately I've been thinking it would be awesome if Guild Wars: Prophecies were to hypothetically be remade as a Fire Emblem game. Not that that would ever happen, unless it were a daring hack or something.

Or a Pokemon Fire Emblem. Just imagine, Gerome as the champion of the Elite Four. You could only have 6 units out at a time, and they'd all be Pokemon. 649 different classes. Instead of swords, lances, etc, you'd equip moves. It would be awesome.

I'd imagine someone like Gharnef as the champion with ghost or dark/evil type Pokemon, or Medeus with dragon and/or ground and/or dark/evil types. But wan't there already an SRPG Pokemon crossover? Pokemon Conquest or something.

Basically what I had in mind, though with additional named Zelda characters to balance out how many FE ones we'd be able to recruit. I was actually going to write an FE/Zelda crossover fic as well, though it takes place in the same timeline as one of my current FE fics as well as my Zelda one. xP

There are so many FE characters, I'd think they'd keep it to a Zelda and Archanea or Zelda and Tellius crossover, rather than all the universes in one. It's also a question of which incarnation of Link they use. But now that both series have time travel and alternate dimensions, I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't meet each other.

There are so many FE characters, I'd think they'd keep it to a Zelda and Archanea or Zelda and Tellius crossover, rather than all the universes in one. It's also a question of which incarnation of Link they use. But now that both series have time travel and alternate dimensions, I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't meet each other.

If it must crossover with only one FEverse, then Tellius please. <3

If it can crossover with every FEverse, then that's great too. And they'd probably use the latest incarnation of Link just like Smash Bros.

Speaking of Zelda with Fire Emblem gameplay, I've actually thought how it could all work out.

There could be regular Link, using a sword and then when he gets the master sword, he could get a 2 ranged sword because he can shoot beams out of it (to stay true to the series, Link's gotta have full health). Zelda could be a mage/healer, there could be 4 swords Link but instead of giving swords, have them all Link's arsenal of weapons. Young Link could be tweaked to be a thief, Tetra can be a pirate, and you can use the Deku Scrub, the Goron, and the Zora from Majoras Mask.

My imagination ran wild for a bit when I was waiting for Awakening...

I'd imagine someone like Gharnef as the champion with ghost or dark/evil type Pokemon, or Medeus with dragon and/or ground and/or dark/evil types. But wan't there already an SRPG Pokemon crossover? Pokemon Conquest or something.

Well, I said Gerome because I think he looks a lot like Lance, who was the champion in G/S/C/HG/SS. But someone like Gharnef or Medeus could work, too.

True, I believe that's what Conquest is. I think it was closer to FF: Tactics than FE, though. Never played it, myself, though, so I'm not sure.

Throw FE into Dynasty Warriors.

That, and/or Mount & Blade. With Fire and Emblem: Wil's Revenge

I'd love an arcade stick 2D fighter. Not sure how the system king of fighters would king of fighters work out king of fighters, but I've had a picture of how the art'd look in my head for a while.

Pairing with SMT kinda opened up the floodgates in my head for things I otherwise wouldn't have expected in a million years, though a crossover with a western series still seems far-fetched.

That said, I am now imagining a Dragon Age: Origins expansion

It is good

Throw FE into Dynasty Warriors.

Well in the 3DS Dynasty Warriors, Samus and Link are bonus costumes so it may be SOMEWHAT possible :P

Plus the fact that Koei already did a crossover with Nintendo via Pokemon Conquest

Edited by Jedi

Breath of Fire Emblem, anyone? Kidding on that one, but the name sounded cool. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Seriously though, I could potentially see IS crossing FE with some of its other series. A Panel De Pon (Known as Puzzle League in America) game with FE characters would be pretty cool to see; perhaps something like Tetris Attack or Pokemon Puzzle League. A crossover with Wars seems unlikely despite the gameplay similarities, but if they're willing to mix with SMT, then who knows. blink.gif I would love to see a fully decked out Great Knight owning a (modern) tank with a critical hit.

Another tactical RPG series could work though. Perhaps Shining Force, which has been around almost as long as FE could be a good choice, though FF Tactics or DIsgaea would be fun as well. FE and Pokemon crossover would be amazing, but since the latter already did one with Nobunaga's Ambition (and I'm seriously hoping for a Pokemon Conquest 2), this probably won't happen.

The Tales series, hands down. Instead of moving a unit to attack an enemy and having them wack each other a couple of times, I'd love to take control of that particular unit for a short 20-30 second Tales style battle, which would last until either someone wins or the timer runs out. Each class would have their own skills and movesets. Outside of battle though, everything would be classic Fire Emblem.

Can anyone else see this happening, or does it only sound good in my head?

The Tales series, hands down.

This, and Golden Sun. Using Psynergy to attack, heal or make special actions such as unlocking chests and doors, instead of the classic magic, staves and thieves. (Though, I'd like them to keep up the thief class, if that were to happen.)

Edited by Caladbolg

Fire Emblem + Trauma Center

Priscilla: Oh no! L-Lord Brother! Your shoulder... there's blood everywhere...

Lucius: Dr. Priscilla, we need to operate immediately!

Priscilla: I-I don't know if I can...

Lucius: It's okay, I'll guide you. First, use the stylus to select the Mend staff. Next, touch the wound.

*tap* *tap* *bloop-bloop-bloop*

OPERATION COMPLETE!!

Priscilla: Oh, Lord Brother! I thought I was going to lose you!

Raven: Priscilla, get off me!

Though we have FE x SMT, even the craziest ideas become possible

Gharnef looks a lot like Ghetsis...

I would love to see a Magvel sequel/Pokemon crossover. Now, Formortis returns with his Dugtrio Army.

Helped by the legendary swordman, Farfetch'd, The hero's children must fight for the peace. (Seriously, Farfetch'd makes a perfect flying Swordmaster, and perfect Jeiganb. ). Somehow luvdisc are alos involved, because they makes EPIC Villain.

Or FE : Slime Edition. Every Hero is transformed into a Slime, Imagine Jeigan as a Shogum. Slime knights replace cavalier. Angel Slime replace Pegasus Knight, and Dragonslime replace Wyvern Knight. Like your FE, with 100% more cuteness !

...Or for something completely different, FE x Alien. Or FE x Doom.