On remakes of Gaiden, Genealogy of the Holy War, and Thracia 776.

Retsudo

Okay, imagine if there was a remake of any of those game in the future.

How would you say those games would be handled? Would there be a Avatar? Would any of them take from the DS FEs visually? Would there be new recruitable characters? Would characters in the previous versions who weren't recruitable be recruitable? Would any Holy Weapons be nerfed? Or buffed? And other stuff.

Okay, imagine if there was a remake of any of those game in the future.

How would you say those games would be handled? Would there be a Avatar? Would any of them take from the DS FEs visually? Would there be new recruitable characters? Would characters in the previous versions who weren't recruitable be recruitable? Would any Holy Weapons be nerfed? Or buffed? And other stuff.

Genealogy needs to update a few mechanics, and censor a few things (make Eltshan and Lachesis cousins or something). It will be inevitable that some incest pairings (AlvisxDierdre) cannot be avoided.. (don't get me wrong, I hate censorship, but in order for the game to have a chance of going through NoA, they'd need to change a few things.) Things like support conversations and some more ways to dive deeper into the characters would be nice. Gaiden needs EVERYTHING updated, from graphics and mechanics to its entire script rewritten. Holy Weapons would probably be nerfed, I imagine 20 MT instead and/or reduction of bonuses. Also, give Gaiden axes.

FE4 and FE13 spoilerz:

"What!? Where did my characters go!? W-Why can't the parents fight with their children!? I HATE THIS GAME!!!"

Calm down! It's okay. You won't permanently lose any characters! They will add in sidequests where the second generation goes back in time to save the "imprisoned" characters from the first generation. Surely this won't hurt the integrity of the story in any way. Not at all.

It would bug me if they broke up the huge FE4 maps. I love the big maps. I think it would be cool to see maybe some go into the castle missions in FE4 rather than just take it over. Things like weather and fog of war would be nice too. While I don't want this to happen I could see them nerfing things like Astra and make it where you only do half the damage rather than the full amount. Also I could see if you did have an avatar I could see them being in gen 1 to hook up with someone. Personally I would love a FE4 remake but I'm a little nerves what they might do to it.

FE4 and FE13 spoilerz:

"What!? Where did my characters go!? W-Why can't the parents fight with their children!? I HATE THIS GAME!!!"

Calm down! It's okay. You won't permanently lose any characters! They will add in sidequests where the second generation goes back in time to save the "imprisoned" characters from the first generation. Surely this won't hurt the integrity of the story in any way. Not at all.

They return as Einherjar in the postgame.

But... yeah. They couldn't really alter this too much.

I don't see the fatigue system from FE5 being liked at all.

This is a bit troubling since it's a pretty distinct mechanic for that game. Maybe they will remove fatigue in casual mode. Or better yet...

Refreshment Raiders

Oh no! A bunch of low-level bandits have raided Anna's tavern and are making off with her stash of Stamina Drinks!! Leif and pals must pursue the outlaws before they can escape!!

Award: Stamina Drinks

Difficulty: 1 star. Price: $2.50

Well, for Gaiden : Axe, Breakable Weapons (except maybe Falchion), and better Growth rates/Item Rate for sure. Also, different growth state, for Bosses and/or recruitable characters.

Weapons Triangle, and Weapon level added, as well.

Also, they will nerfed bow. Because Horse + 1-5 range is really broken.

Aso, maybe allowing Celica and Alm to reunite before will be good. And they may want to suppress the deplacement in dungeons, as well.

I would both love and dread an FE4 remake depending on how NoA wanted to handle the story. As far as Eltshan/Lachesis goes, they didn't really crack down of Eirika/Ephraim in TSS either as I recall so maybe it would be able to sneak past? Lachesis really doesn't explicitly state she wants her brother, there's only an undertone of it in the games at about the same level as Ephraim and Eirika or Clarine and Klein.

My unit would most likely return as that has been a pretty great hit. Would be epic IMO if they kill YOU off at the Battle of Barhara and you take on the role of your kid. Then again it would probably be an Oifaye/Finn/Shannan/Levin deal where you escape Alvis or leave the battle before Alvis pulls his shit.

In all honesty a Genealogy remake should be on Wii U.

As far as Eltshan/Lachesis goes, they didn't really crack down of Eirika/Ephraim in TSS either as I recall so maybe it would be able to sneak past?

there was nothing to crack down on

Eltshan and Raquesis, as far as gameplay goes, only have that one villager that goes nudge nudge wink wink as I recall. Otherwise, she's just adoring, not incestuous.

Eltshan and Raquesis, as far as gameplay goes, only have that one villager that goes nudge nudge wink wink as I recall. Otherwise, she's just adoring, not incestuous.

Unfortunately everyone loves to play the incest card in regards to every single fire emblem. Apparently if siblings are even SLIGHTLY close in a FE game its incest, and it's a dumb way of thinking imo.

I just want to throw my 2 cents in if there are remakes of FE2, FE4 and FE5 to NOT have MU/Avatar, we have enough self-inserts in the series and we don't need more shipping wars with peoples avatar's in fe4's case because they themselves want to pair themselves with the characters and kill everyone else who is even close to said character.

Just going off of memory here as I seemed to recall hearing the JP version having a more explicit paired ending for them as well?

Unfortunately everyone loves to play the incest card in regards to every single fire emblem. Apparently if siblings are even SLIGHTLY close in a FE game its incest, and it's a dumb way of thinking imo.

Genealogy is the only one with any sort of egregious examples since, you know, it's a main plot point. Again the TSS thing is something I've just frequently heard, I never bothered with Ephraim and Eirika supports so I have no idea whether it's true.

Just going off of memory here as I seemed to recall hearing the JP version having a more explicit paired ending for them as well?

It's a lie spread by fans who just see what they want to see. You have heard it before, but it's wrong.

Damn. At this rate, Google searches for "incest" is gonna start directing people to the Serenes forums. LOL

I just want to throw my 2 cents in if there are remakes of FE2, FE4 and FE5 to NOT have MU/Avatar, we have enough self-inserts in the series and we don't need more shipping wars with peoples avatar's in fe4's case because they themselves want to pair themselves with the characters and kill everyone else who is even close to said character.

Anyways, the Avatar thing really wouldn't work well in FE2 since Alm's and Celica's teams remain separate for most of the game. Well, unless the game allowed you to create an Avatar for each team. Which means you can marry your Avatars when the teams combine-- and, uh... this is a terrible idea. Pretend I never said that.

I also think if they did a FE4 remake they should change children's hair like they do in Awakening depending on the parent. For example I pair Aideen with Midir and they have Lester who has blue hair. Where did the blue hair come from? It's not a huge deal but I think it would be a cool little feature to adjust the hair color to the parent's like in Awakening.

@incest Hmm. I thought I heard something about an FE manga in which Lachesis and Eltshan are paired...?

I'd enjoy them all over again even if they didn't change anything but there are some things I'd want, like support conversations in those games for more interaction between the characters. Trial maps with unlockable characters too (same as the stuff in FE8).

I don't think an avatar should be introduced in any remakes of those games. I can't see how an avatar would fit in (well, maybe in FE2, but the army split and all...). For the individual games I do have a few minor nitpicks:

FE2: I think female mages promoted around 10 levels later than males for no reason, lol. That should probably be done away with. Something would have to be done about those OP bows too. Or not. It's nice having a game with amazing bows. I don't really remember much about FE2 tbh. Did I even finish that game? Who knows? I certainly don't.

FE4: Nerf holy weapons and fix weapon balance. Do something about the ridiculous mounts (I hate to say it, but the enormous map size exacerbates the problem) so the game isn't Sigurd emblem genealogy of the horsey war. It would be nice if holy weapons weren't exclusive to characters with holy blood. Maybe they could make it so that the amount of holy blood a character has determines the statistical boost (like, none for no blood, 1/2 of the bonuses for 1/2 blood, all of the bonuses for full blood)

FE5: dumb it down so i dun have to think so much :(

I can't think of anything that hasn't been said really.

I'd like to see Thracia remade. I love Thracia but it really seems like certain aspects were rushed, a new coat of paint would do wonders. Of course that would probably mean that they would end up doing Seisen first unless they combined them into one giant Jugdral game

If memory serves, Sigurd hint that Elto care a bit too much for his sister, and then there is Beowulf that just drop the bomb during his conversation with Lachesis in chapter 5.

If memory serves, Sigurd hint that Elto care a bit too much for his sister,

I'm willing to buy that Sigurd says this, but could you kindly point me to where?

and then there is Beowulf that just drop the bomb during his conversation with Lachesis in chapter 5.

If we're talking about the same conversation,

Beowulf:

I've known your true feelings all along.

I'm pretty positive he's talking about Finn.

I'm willing to buy that Sigurd says this, but could you kindly point me to where?

Beginning of chapter 2 I think.

I'm pretty positive he's talking about Finn.

It makes more sense for him to talk about Elto, Beo boast about being his friend after all, and Lachesis has nothing to do with Finn during the entire game. (Before the oblivious FE5 reference coming, FE5 was certainly not even in consideration back then seeing how some things in it contradict FE4, and Beo!Nanna was canonized by Nintendo themselves during some time, making FinnxLachesis more or less completely fanon). I won't debate over the most infamous "love triangle" since from experience I know it will go nowhere, and it's not the goal of this topic.

@incest Hmm. I thought I heard something about an FE manga in which Lachesis and Eltshan are paired...?

Oosawa's... it's not that they're paired, but instead are obviously in love with each other.

Edited by Sartek

Beginning of chapter 2 I think.

Dug through to find it, it was there.

Sigurd:

Why would they seize Eltshan of all people!?

Well, let's gear up. We're heading for Nodion. I'd put my life on the line for Lachesis if it came to it.

Eltshan would never admit it, but he cares for that sister of his more than anything.

If he ever lost her, there's no telling what he'd do.

I'm not sure how this is telling at all, man. I'm sorry. The manga bit, yeah no argument there. The bit with the villager (that doesn't seem to be on SF :( i love that guy), yeah, but this isn't anything at all. This is like taking Ephraim stroking Eirika's cheek as canon incest - *I* care about that sister of mine more than anything, and I'd say as much in as many words.

It makes more sense for him to talk about Elto, Beo boast about being his friend after all, and Lachesis has nothing to do with Finn during the entire game. (Before the oblivious FE5 reference coming, FE5 was certainly not even in consideration back then seeing how some things in it contradict FE4, and Beo!Nanna was canonized by Nintendo themselves during some time, making FinnxLachesis more or less completely fanon). I won't debate over the most infamous "love triangle" since from experience I know it will go nowhere, and it's not the goal of this topic.

I get what you're saying, but my rationale here is a combination of the fact that Finn/Raquesis was later confirmed half-canon (just for Nanna), plus an earlier line in the same conversation:

Beowulf:

Lachesis, if anything were to happen to me, I want you to go to Lenster.

Fin is there with Cuan's children. Give him a hand, okay?

Beowulf is explicitly sending Raquesis to Finn, two lines before he cryptically says "i know how you feel." The implication I got was that there was an "-about him" hiding there.

EDIT: I see that partially as why explicitly namedrop Finn? It serves no other purpose unless it explains that line. Noish just sends her generically to Leonster.

Edited by Integrity

IMO, FE2 is the game in the series most deserving a remake. It would probably need to be a radical one too: strip out pretty much everything but the world, characters and what little plot there is and try to rebuild it more like the modern FEs while keeping the spirit of Gaiden. I say that like it's easy but I'm not going to pretend that I think it would be. They'd probably need new characters and some of the classes not in FE2 (little things like, y'know, Fighters and Wyvern Riders) but maybe keep the 3-tier class system. They might want to either remove the villager class or give each villager a pre-determined promotion on the first run so new players don't have to worry about something as big as a promotion choice in the first hour of gameplay.

I don't think Gaiden needs a new plot but it needs embellishing and improving. It's pretty much broad strokes anyway: Alm becomes a champion fighting off the invading country of Rigel and Celica is trying to find out what happened to Mila. There's a bit of entanglement with dark cults, warlord kings and the like but it really needs developing more than anything else, the basic story is fine and has a couple of neat twists. Like, for instance, you could make a lot more of Dozer's death quote/final words....

IMO, FE2 is the game in the series most deserving a remake. It would probably need to be a radical one too: strip out pretty much everything but the world, characters and what little plot there is and try to rebuild it more like the modern FEs while keeping the spirit of Gaiden. I say that like it's easy but I'm not going to pretend that I think it would be. They'd probably need new characters and some of the classes not in FE2 (little things like, y'know, Fighters and Wyvern Riders) but maybe keep the 3-tier class system. They might want to either remove the villager class or give each villager a pre-determined promotion on the first run so new players don't have to worry about something as big as a promotion choice in the first hour of gameplay.

I don't think Gaiden needs a new plot but it needs embellishing and improving. It's pretty much broad strokes anyway: Alm becomes a champion fighting off the invading country of Rigel and Celica is trying to find out what happened to Mila. There's a bit of entanglement with dark cults, warlord kings and the like but it really needs developing more than anything else, the basic story is fine and has a couple of neat twists. Like, for instance, you could make a lot more of Dozer's death quote/final words....

Rudolf's fight could really be improved.

FE2 really have a lot of underexploited idea.

Rudolf's fight could really be improved.

FE2 really have a lot of underexploited idea.

Hence why I think it would be well suited to being remade. There are indeed some really interesting plot elements and characters that aren't explored at all, what with it being a Famicom-era game.