Who is the best pairing for Eliwood

Aisuko Lyrical

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best pairing for Eliwood

Ninian is the obvious pick for a variety of reasons that shouldn't really require explanation. Lyndis is a neat idea and would probably work well with Eliwood, but they're clearly not destined for the same thing; Eliwood is to be the Marquess of Pherae and become entrenched in Lycian affairs, Lyndis is to return to the plains she calls home. They just aren't going the same places. And while I personally actually really like Eliwood x Fiora conceptually, there's just no supporting evidence for it.

I wouldn't necessarily call Lyn's default ending (especially if you leave her unpaired) her most destined one. I mean, heck. By that logic, one can say Ninian is supposed to return to behind the Dragon Gate, but I don't see you saying anything about that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninian is the obvious pick for a variety of reasons that shouldn't really require explanation. Lyndis is a neat idea and would probably work well with Eliwood, but they're clearly not destined for the same thing; Eliwood is to be the Marquess of Pherae and become entrenched in Lycian affairs, Lyndis is to return to the plains she calls home. They just aren't going the same places. And while I personally actually really like Eliwood x Fiora conceptually, there's just no supporting evidence for it.

FE6 Lilina's support convo with Marcus implies Roy's mother was from Ilia. It'd be either Fiora or Ninian. Lyn who?

• 7 months later...

I think Eliwood/Ninian has the best story, and the extra music is a nice touch too.

But for gameplay, Eliwood/Ninian is... not so good. Ninian's Ice affinity isn't nearly as useful, IMO, as Lyn's or Fiora's Wind affinity... and even if it were, Eliwood can't take advantage of it for the last few chapters, when he probably needs it most.

For gameplay, I'd say Eliwood/Lyn, since that support has a ten-point head start on Eliwood/Fiora, both increase at the same rate, and you get Lyn earlier than Fiora.

(I'm not sure what to make of Eliwood/Hector or Eliwood/Harken. They increase at a greater rate than most of Eliwood's other supports, but Hector's Thunder affinity isn't too useful to me, and Harken comes quite late in the game even though his Fire affinity is nice. And Eliwood/Marcus is NBG.)

(P.S. Eliwood/Lowen seems alright; same rate as Lyn and Fiora, Fire affinity, a ten-point head start on Lyn [twenty points on Fiora], and the best availability next to Marcus and Hector. I guess, gameplay-wise, it's even better than Eliwood/Lyn.)

I guess my final verdict is Eliwood/Ninian for the lover, or Eliwood/Lowen for the fighter. And if you favor both lovers and fighters, Eliwood/Lyn.

Edited by Paper Jam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...