Do you seriously want the main character(okay, fine, anyone in the game) to be your mom? That would be weird.

How is that weird? Stories always have the children of main character fathers in the sequels, so why not with a mother?

I would be interested in seeing why Robin's mother ran away with him/her, and why Robin ends up the way he/she is before he/she met Chrom in the original timeline.

I don't deny that her story wouldn't be interesting, but... I dunno, it's just the concept of playing with YOUR mother, it seems strange.

(And how would it handle names? Would the game ask what the player's name is in the beginning, then proceed to make them unplayable? Or would we have a 2-generation thing that leaks into FE13? Actually... I take this back in general, alternate timeline stuff could make it rather interesting.)

Edited by 47948201

I'll be honest, as much as I love this game, I don't find any of the antagonists to be compelling enough to be featured in any sort of sequel/prequel. Hopefully if such a thing happened we'd get an all new set of bad guys, because I think this set was quite weak. Probably the biggest flaw with the game in my opinion.

Do you seriously want the main character(okay, fine, anyone in the game) to be your mom? That would be weird.

I would've made it subtle. She would be a dancer or a dark mage. Her ending would be something like, "Her child both damned and saved the world."

How do you damned the world then saving it?

Isn't that sorta of canceling each other out?

Would be better to just say, her child prevented the fate from plotting world's destruction.

How do you damned the world then saving it?

Isn't that sorta of canceling each other out?

Would be better to just say, her child prevented the fate from plotting world's destruction.

Because in the original timeline s/he kills Chrom triggering the apocalypse and in the new timeline he kills/seals Grima away, saving the world.

You can't be subtle... She married Validar, how are you going to only hint at that?!?

They should just have a MU type marriage for her... And if you marry anyone other than Validar, he mind-controls you into marrying him.

...And if, well, you do decide you want to marry him... Uh, he's kinda surprised it was that easy? And, uh, extra dialogue?

Subtlety is for wimps.

For me, I think it comes down to two thoughts.

First: boy this was fun, let's have more like this.

Second: wish some of this was more fleshed out...

I like making the protagonist(s) go through hell so I can feel darn happy for them when they get their treats at the end. While the story in Awakening was pretty good and the ending felt satisfying to me, I was among those who 1-shotted the final boss and that felt a touch anticlimactic. Compared with FFXIII where there was no way in hell to overlevel and the suspense was just lacking. I'd like to know more about the history behind the story of Awakening, but I agree a prequel would be difficult to pull off for a variety of reasons. If I really had my choice, I'd actually want a "way to break it, hero" scenario where killing Grima off permanently actually causes severe problems. A lot of worlds in fiction express that light must have darkness for balance and so on, and I think if properly executed that could be very interesting. Too much daylight and things die, too much night and things die - why not have it be so with the dragons? Since Naga and Grima are seen as having always been there, they don't know what happens when one suddenly ceases to exist. Perhaps there's long-term repercussions which were not anticipated.

Alternatively, they mention many gods and number Grima and Naga among these. Who/what are the rest and how involved are they (or uninvolved as the case may be) in the world's affairs post-Grima?

I feel like there're things to work with, so long as there's decent writing.

Edited by blizzara

I'll be honest, as much as I love this game, I don't find any of the antagonists to be compelling enough to be featured in any sort of sequel/prequel. Hopefully if such a thing happened we'd get an all new set of bad guys, because I think this set was quite weak. Probably the biggest flaw with the game in my opinion.

I think we should have a Prequel with Walhart as the main character showing how he became the Conqueror. Maybe this could give everyone their much desired Yen'fay background and it would undoubtedly feature more Cervantes, perhaps even as a playable character. I know it isn't gonna happen but neither are most of these suggestions. IMO the only plausible one is the prequel with the first exalt.

I don't think a direct prequel or sequel would be such a good choice.

The whole time travelling thing would really mess things up.

Even more than it does right now.

They could make one, that's much earlier or much later.

Personally, I'd prefer another Tellius game >_>

Not a direct prequel or sequel, but maybe something that happened much later, after they rediscovered several continents.

With MU, children and class sets.

I want to breed some kitties and ravens.

I know a lot of people hate the laguz, but they could make them like taguels and manaketes in this game.