Remaking other Fire Emblem Games

Well, I think it is easy to say that Fire Emblem Awakening was a pretty big success (people at my job play it now, and I've streetpassed guests while Im working) so I know its gotten pretty far.

But that made me wonder something.

What if they decided, before making a true 'Fire Emblem 14', that they decided to remake some of the previous games? (like what they dis with 1 and 3).

I mean, adding the Avatar, changing up the storyline to fit that, better graphics, ect.

Personally, I would love this, since you know they'd bring it over to North America and other countries now (it became to popular for there to be much doubt).

Personally as well, I would love a remake of Blazing Sword (FE 7), with a customizable tactician with more plot importance. (and not just becouse I'd adore the idea of fighting beside a Lyndis I can actually support then).

A chance for a Fire Emblem 6 to be brought over after being remade would also be cool..

ALso, what kinda features would you guys like?

I like all the features in Awakening, but I admit that I would like more in terms of support conversations and them effecting the overall plot. Chrom's spouse, no matter who it is, kinda dropped out of importance after the big reveal (unless it is the female avatar, and even then very few scenes even mention 'hey, this chick is my wife whom I love dearly'.)

i also want light magic back. And the magic triangle.

I also want male manaketes that dont look old as dirt. and are not enemy exclusive.

I want a male dancer.

So what would you guys want?

If they were to remake another Fire Emblem title, I'd prefer it to be either the aforementioned FE6~7 compilation or a remake of either Gaiden or one of the Jugdral games.

Avatar is neat but I really don't think it would be good if they were just crammed in to the story for the sake of being there. I can see an Avatar working in FE7, as well as FEs 2 and 6, since their stories are pretty bland as-is and could do with some touching up anyway, lending an easy opening to adapt the story a bit for the addition of a customizable "Lord". 4 and 5 I haven't played, but from what I've heard I'm not sure forcing an Avatar into the story would really be all that helpful. It could work, though, I suppose, but only if they actually paid attention and did it right.

I, personally would like to see another game taking place in the same world as Elibe, considering that Archanea's place as the first FE world makes its repeated inclusion all kinds of nostalgia-fanservicey for many Japanese fans, but the West's introductory world of Elibe hasn't received anywhere near such attention.

Edited by Starlight36

If they were to remake another Fire Emblem title, I'd prefer it to be either the aforementioned FE6~7 compilation or a remake of either Gaiden or one of the Jugdral games.

Gaiden tried to do a lot of stuff well ahead of its time but sort of failed at it. I'd be down for a Gaiden remake-from-the-ground-up.

I feel like the Pair Up feature would help to make FE4 less... horse-y, since your lower move units could be ferried along to keep up. That and it would make gaining love points a heck of a lot easier between certain characters that it is in the original.

An FE 6-7 remake would be pretty cool. It seems like it would take almost the same amount of work to properly remake the older games with Awakening's engine/gameplay as it would to make a whole new game though... I imagine that we will see the next game pop up fairly soon given Awakening's success and the fact that they have an engine to work with now. As long as it is not another glorified port like Shadow Dragon I will be happy, remake or original title.

I would agree with everyone else about the FE6-7 remake with Awakening touches in there. If they are going to do a port, they better do the port right. No offense to anyone that loves Shadow Dragon but even Pokemon does a hell lot better with their ports.

Genealogy. And Localize it.

Sorry, 7 fans, but damn, if any game in the series needs a remake (and a Localization!) it's Genealogy.

Something tells me that if it ever got localized there'd be a bit of editing to cut down on the incestuous pairings...

Awakening made it intact with cousin incest, and 7 had Raven/Priscilla...

[spoiler=Regarding Avatar]

maybe it's not a major plot point like Genealogy is, but then again the Avatar's backstory is full of selective breeding, which doesn't mean incest happened but it has implications.

I think 4/5 are the best remake candidates. Gaiden, too. They have major interface issues that could really use some modernization, plus they've never been localized. 6/7/8 might be scaled down from 4/5, but at least trading and buying items isn't so much of a hassle. Lack of skills and simplified stats might suck, but I think the GBA games have held up so far and have a certain charm with their simplicity. 4/5 is kind of stumbling on its complexity but a menu overhaul would do it a world of good. My feelings are mixed with Gaiden. With such an old game, it risks being as bland character-wise as Shadow Dragon, whereas later games started having more character development.

Edited by Samias

i say remake ALL the series people like me who want to acutaly play real version of i can try it for them self and i never tryed gaiden or any early so this is best opertunaty to remake them and allow people try it! Asome part remake they do is you can add tactition any game with what they did FE 12 and 13 its possible and with my statement remake all them so we ALL can enjoy the game but if i was only pick one ether gaiden or FE6-7 or 8

I want a remake of FE10. It's rather recent, yeah, but it has some serious flaws that can easily be solved by simply using the FE13 system.

Tanith losing her "main sword" trait in FE10? FE13 has unified weapon level cap. Nolan being speedy? FE13 has personalized stat caps. Vika can't fight properly? Reclass her into a mage. Part 1 people too weak? Go ahead and grind.

... And so on. Seeing how FE10 is my second favourite FE (and top favourite if the above problems aren't there), combining FE10 and FE13 would be what I really want to see.

I'm for a remake of FE4 too, although I may not be interested. The Seliph x Julia bug won't carry over (they probably won't even start with any lover points, since players knowing FE13 first would already know their relation), which is... well, too bad. I'm not a fan of incest, but the fact that such a relationship can exist in a Nintendo-published game just made me laugh over and over when I first stepped into the FE fandom.

I want a remake of FE10. It's rather recent, yeah, but it has some serious flaws that can easily be solved by simply using the FE13 system.

Tanith losing her "main sword" trait in FE10? FE13 has unified weapon level cap. Nolan being speedy? FE13 has personalized stat caps. Vika can't fight properly? Reclass her into a mage. Part 1 people too weak? Go ahead and grind.

... And so on. Seeing how FE10 is my second favourite FE (and top favourite if the above problems aren't there), combining FE10 and FE13 would be what I really want to see.

I'm for a remake of FE4 too, although I may not be interested. The Seliph x Julia bug won't carry over (they probably won't even start with any lover points, since players knowing FE13 first would already know their relation), which is... well, too bad. I'm not a fan of incest, but the fact that such a relationship can exist in a Nintendo-published game just made me laugh over and over when I first stepped into the FE fandom.

I dunno, I think changing too many things about FE10 wouldn't be too good. In depth supports and paired endings + fixing a few unit's availability issues (Vika you're actually amazing if you can somehow get EXP) and the game would be near perfect in my opinion.

My main issue with FE10 stat-wise is that in a lot of cases, growths and caps don't match. Vika's 60% magic and 20% strength growth really makes me think she should be a mage instead. She also has fairly high luck despite being a raven. Of all characters, she needs the reclass system the most.

Speaking of mages in FE10, the tome's weapon might need some serious improvement too. Saying all these makes me want to hack FE10 again - I thought of that years ago, but ultimately gave up after learning that certain things (like magical damage from physical weapons) can't be done. But maybe I can still do whatever I still can, like weapon stats and stat caps.

And if anything, I still want to see FE13's personalized caps in FE10, especially since units tend to max all stats when raised to 3rd tier level 15-ish.

I agree with the FE6/7 multi-gen ideas completely.

FE4 and FE5 are already great as they are. And I can't exactly see how a remake will look.

But, I think that Gaiden is the one who is the more in need of a remake.

Gaiden have a lot of good ideas that were used again later (World Map, Trainees, Branching promotion/Reclassing, 3 tiers...).

But he really have aged, and not extremely well, honestly...

Edited by TendaSlime

Am I the only one who doesn't want a remake of the Jugdrall games? Disregarding the fact that I think FE11/FE12 are complete monstrosities that were worse than the originals.

Gaiden was a game with many interesting features back then that didn't appeal and would the best to have a good remake IMO.

Edited by Sartek

am i the only person who doesn't want the Fire Emblem games on a home console?

and as far as remakes, i would be most happy with FE4 and 5 being remade, as long as all the nice good things used in FE13 were also used in those games. i don't believe in remakes if they are kept nearly identical to the original, they should be updated to be up to par with the current games being made.

FE6/7 as a cross-generational game is a terrible idea

the plots aren't even related and roy is so incredibly bland it would be awful

fe7 was good when it first came out but the story would not hold well at all if it were remade

am i the only person who doesn't want the Fire Emblem games on a home console?

and as far as remakes, i would be most happy with FE4 and 5 being remade, as long as all the nice good things used in FE13 were also used in those games. i don't believe in remakes if they are kept nearly identical to the original, they should be updated to be up to par with the current games being made.

Don't worry, you're not.

It's not only because I haven't any home console.

I like to be able to play my strategy game all the time.

Don't worry, you're not.

It's not only because I haven't any home console.

I like to be able to play my strategy game all the time.

i feel the same way. i don't know, i would feel constrained if i had to be in front of the tv to grind my lovely Owain

Vika's 60% magic and 20% strength growth

It's 50% Magic and 25% Strength. Oh, and she has a Magic cap of 10.

Also Laguz are incapable of using Beorc weapons (Sephiran doesn't count as he lost his Laguz powers by mating with Altina).

Edited by NinjaMonkey