Remaking other Fire Emblem Games

am i the only person who doesn't want the Fire Emblem games on a home console?

No. Handheld graphics and storage space are good enough this gen that I'd much rather have everything be released on the 3DS and Vita. Unless a game really pushes the limits of a home console, but IS never does that (FE5, FE9, and FE10 were all a gen behind what they should've been).

In theory a FE6/7 remake with 2nd generation extra story sounds pretty cool.

But there are like 55 playable characters in FE6 and another 54 in FE7. Let's put 100 characters with the Avatar. And a lot of them are pretty useless in gameplay, boring or add nothing to the story at all. Than we have the amount of content in both games. Then starts the questions how to put such a game together.

FE13 have like 44, including the 2nd generation and the Avatar. 50 if we include the 6 late game Spotpass Characters.

FE6 have around 32 chapters, including the sidequests to get all the divine weapons. FE7 have another 43, including all sidequests and Hector's route exclusive chapters. That totals around 75 chapters.

1 - Will people be ok playing 43 Chapters of FE7 for like 30+ hours, then continuing the game with level 1 Roy and more level 1 people for another 32 chapters and more 30+ hours ? Doubtful.

So a lot of these chapters would have to be removed/combined/whatever, but stuff would have to be cut ( i actually would be ok with that...too many useless brigand chapters ).

2 - 100 characters to support/marry, etc. Around 55 in FE7, where some will have kids for the 2nd part. Than put more 55 on the 2nd part and save for very few ones ( Karel ), remove everyone from the first 30+ hours from the party.

Not to mention a lot of supports were simply bland or dumb and many characters were simply forgettable ( is that how you say it ? ).

So how about a remake of just one of the games ? This way we could remake both! That would defeat the purpose of a 2nd generation as FE6 would be continued in another game. Unless we get something like transfering data from the previous game to the new one to get the pairings we made and special convos in FE6 remake, but that would be too much work just for this.

Even then there are a lot of characters who are just that bad both in gameplay and characterization and would need a complete rewrite like they did in FE12. Or simply remove them.

Sure, some could argue that this could give new life to bland characters ( Roy ) or characters who appeared important and just end up ''why this character is here'' ( Lyn ).

Maps would have to stand up to Awakening's standards as well. Or we would get like 35 maps with those same plains over and over.

So we would need rewriting for various characters, number tweaking for anothers ( Roy....thank God whoever made the lords good units in the other games...), massive map remaking, voices, etc...

One game will be too long. Two games will defeat the purpose of the 2nd generation.

So all this energy and effort would be better spent on fresh new Fire Emblems.

Edited by Lanko

I want a fire emblem released for the computer for once so I don't have to mooch off my friend's consoles

Don't really care about Elibe much. FE4 already has the children system anyway, so it'd work well with FE13's engine.

Not a single mention of an FE8 remake. For shame. D8

I could say it's because it's pretty recent, but I heard people talking about FE9/10...

It may be because FE8 was a spiritual successor of FE2.

And FE2 needs a remake far more.

Not a single mention of an FE8 remake. For shame. D8

Hear, hear! Even though I think the avatar and marriage system would work better in FE7, I would much prefer an FE 8 remake, sequel, or hell even a prequel! Just take me back to Magvel!

Allright well if there can't be a multi-gen FE 6-7 remake, then at least FE6 could use a touch up. I really like the Elibe setting (and getting to go to places like Ilia that we'd only really heard about in FE7 was really interesting) but the mechanics and bland, bad stat and growth characters make the game painful to play these days. Plus I'm sure there are a lot of western gamers who still have no idea who Roy is other than "He's from those Fire Emblem games".

Allright well if there can't be a multi-gen FE 6-7 remake, then at least FE6 could use a touch up. I really like the Elibe setting (and getting to go to places like Ilia that we'd only really heard about in FE7 was really interesting) but the mechanics and bland, bad stat and growth characters make the game painful to play these days. Plus I'm sure there are a lot of western gamers who still have no idea who Roy is other than "He's from those Fire Emblem games".

If they do make a remake, I just hope they make some of the battle and gaiden conditions a bit more bearable. I'm still stuck on the Sword of Seals chapter; either I take it slow so I don't lose characters and eventually miss out on the gaiden chapter, or I rush it to beat the time limit and I lose someone. Its maddening; and its not the first chapter to be like this. Its the only non localized game I have played in FE and by far the most frustrating...

I love the Elibe games but I would not want them to waste time remaking something that I already enjoy playing. I also agree with other people about Fe4-5. Those games are great as is. They wouldn't be recognizable if they were remade.

I'm hoping for a return to Magvel or a game involving Paris/Priam. Why else was Paris included in Awakening? Maybe the Magvel game can be right after the terrible earthquake happens. Grado's destruction causes the people to flock to the other kingdoms causing a shortage of food and supplies. Civil unrest causes another war.

I dunno, I think changing too many things about FE10 wouldn't be too good. In depth supports and paired endings + fixing a few unit's availability issues (Vika you're actually amazing if you can somehow get EXP) and the game would be near perfect in my opinion.

This. All I'd change about RD is the ending and support system really, as well as add more chapters/battles to parts 1, 2, and 4. Add more possible pairings to the ones already there and change up some non-paired endings (like Gatrie's and Ike's. >.>). Also give some characters multiple options for spouses.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah a combination of FE7 and FE6 as a multi-gen game wouldn't really work that well. As already mentioned there's the fact that there are way too many characters and probably too many chapters. But I think the biggest problem is the fact that out of FE6's like 50 characters maybe around 15 (i think, i could be way off tho) are related to those from FE7 making the generational thing pretty pointless, and the the plots are pretty disconnected. They really just wouldn't fit together very well.

Meanwhile a game like FE4 already has the generational system st up perfectly, although it would undergo quite a few changes to fit awakening's system. Still, I'd much prefer to see FE4 remade than FE6 and FE7. Here's hoping for an FE4 remake!

Edited by Jediabiwan

A remake of FE4 could indeed jump on the sucess bandwagon of FE13 and profit from it.

But how would they handle the explicit incest in the game ? I think they should just leave it alone, since the justification is the ability to hold the sacred weapons. Or they would have to modify that. And to probably make enough pairings maybe new characters would have to be created, like in FE12.

The other problem is the big maps with various seize objectives. I think this could be solved by something like :

1 - Chapter X begins. You are in campaign and need to capture 4 castles ( or win 4 battles ) to seize control of the country. The first castle is a single map, hopefully unique designed. Than you finish it and 2 paths open to the other 2 objectives, path A and B. Path A is to rout an army to gain control of a bridge and Path B is another castle.

Both need to be done to acess the 4th objetice to capture the country, kill the villain or etc.

You can choose which one to do first. Let's say you do Path A first. Then Path B will be reinforced, having more/tougher enemies, recruitable characters in B may be dead or not be there anymore, rewards or treasures on B may be lost, etc...

Maybe dividing the big map with 4 seizes into 4 chapters with branched paths would solve the problem with the big maps and the dominance of mounted units on them. Story and other stuff could vary depending on choices...

I really can't see a remake of FE4 with the gigantic maps. If they do remake it with the big maps, that would make the question :

How would you save ?

Anywhere ? Then you can save before any battle to ensure the outcome you want. Suspend/Bookmark will only work if you don't have brothers/sisters/friends who will also play the game. Save points like in the DS ones ? You could use them before battles or bosses as well. Checkpoints in each seized castle ? Probably will be this but i don't like that either. ''If my plan fails and i die i can restart at that checkpoint!''.

This is a problem as the big maps can take a lot of time until you complete it.

There would probably be more stuff to question,but so far i can only think of that.

I would really like to see a remake of this game, specially with a Trade command and a Convoy...

Altough my preference still goes to a fresh FE.

Edited by Lanko

Honestly, I think FE5 is amazing and I would love a remake of that, but FE4 would be cool too, and I think it has a larger chance due to Awakening's children system. But really, I think FE2, FE4, FE5, or FE6 would be cool with me. But I would heavily enjoy FE5 laugh.gif

A lot of the posts here seem to be working on the assumption that it would have modern mechanics, so that might solve that problem.

A remake of FE4 could indeed jump on the sucess bandwagon of FE13 and profit from it.

But how would they handle the explicit incest in the game ? I think they should just leave it alone, since the justification is the ability to hold the sacred weapons. Or they would have to modify that. And to probably make enough pairings maybe new characters would have to be created, like in FE12.

they would probably gloss over the explicit incest. like instead of saying that Deidre and Arvis are half-siblings, they'll probably just say that they have a common ancestor in Saint Maira. after all, they don't HAVE to be siblings in order for the plot to work, they just needed to both have Loptous blood.

honestly, Awakening got away with doing the same thing, since although not explicitly stated, in order to breed the perfect host for Grima they probably had to keep it in the family for quite a long while

Deidre and Arvis is the only really explicit incestuous relationship in FE4 that would have to be modified

when it comes to supports, the rest could probably be treated as LucinaXOwain is treated in Awakening

EDIT: ah, and the holy weapons would probably be modified so that anyone could use them, but only those with holy blood could use them before having the max weapon level. i mean, i honestly doubt they would leave them as is, since in Awakening anyone can use them if they have the appropriate level and have been massively nerfed down.

Edited by Liz

Hey all -new at the forums, been coming to the site for a while though. laugh.gif

I honestly think the most likely to get a remake (at least right now) is FE6. After the success of Awakening it's pretty much a safe bet that whatever the next FE is will be well-received, even if it is "just a remake." But why not ensure that even more by finally introducing Roy to non-Japanese fans? He's already pretty popular and for those who haven't played the ROM or the Japanese release, Roy would be a very attractive piece of marketing for his Smash Bros fans who might still not have gotten into the series, Awakening "newcomers" who likely know of him, and everyone who played FE7 but not FE6 and are still wondering wtf that ending was about!

Granted, I haven't played FE1-5 so I may be biased here, but there's no denying FE6 could use a remake! The story, imo, is good as it is, but it has the potential to be awesome, especially as a direct sequel. Since it was originally released before its prequel, connections between the two were quite limited, but I think that with a remake IS could do a lot more fun stuff with characters, locations, scenarios, etc. taking into account things that came up in FE7 that maybe could be incorporated a little more into FE6's story to spice it up a little. One example I can think of is Lyn. Totally absent from FE6, but with a remake that could change.

I do think the idea of combining FE7/6 into one "multi-generation" game would be awesome, and I'm not sure if it'd be as difficult to do as some people seem to think. The only tricky thing would be what happens to the 1st gen characters when we start Roy's story. Maaaaybe one way to deal with that would be to implement third tier classes that are unlocked at the start of the second campaign? So, for example, in the events retelling Blazing Sword's story we would have first tier classes promoting to second tier by the endgame. At the start of Roy's story, the new units and the enemies would be mid to high level first tier units (with adjusted stats of course), so as we got some 1st-gen units back they wouldn't be ridiculously overpowered nor randomly unpromoted. Re-classing might have to be a bit more limited than in Awakening if this were the case, though... And obviously we wouldn't get all first-gen characters back to use in the story, though they'd probably remain available for multiplayer stuff. As for the amount of characters/chapters, I'm sure a lot of things could be cut without too much consequence.

Bottom line though, whether it's done as a combo of FE7/6 or just FE6 I just really want to see this happen tongue.gif

I would like a remake for any non-localized FE game as long as it doesn't use the goddamn double system, or at least not make you fricking rely on that crap.

I've been waiting since the release of Blazing Sword for FE6. I'd like to see an English version myself. That being said, I'm greedy. I want all of them >:)

Since we're talking about remakes, how about ports? I might like to at least see the NES, SNES games translated and put on the VIrtual Console for $5. Not sure how well they've aged though...