Which FE had the most incompetent antagonists?

Retsudo

The final boss of FE5 (forgot his name) is pretty incompetent if base Marty can take him down.

But then again, that's from a gameplay perspective. I though Lyon was pretty impressive as a villain, but he can be doubled in the final chapter by base Dozla.

Manfroy in book 2. He starts out looking like a genius for most of the game, carefully ensuring that Lopto is reborn within Julius.

Then in the Final Chapter, he spares Julia's life (AKA the last person with full Narga blood), sends her out to meet the one person who could get through to her, and keeps the one spell that can put a beat down on his reincarnated dark dragon god in the castle right next to where said demon-spawn is residing.

The final boss of FE5 (forgot his name) is pretty incompetent if base Marty can take him down.

But then again, that's from a gameplay perspective. I though Lyon was pretty impressive as a villain, but he can be doubled in the final chapter by base Dozla.

Well it's not him that is strong, it's all the chapter around him. Neun and Zwolf are absolutely deadly...

Well, does Orson count ? It's even stated in game !

None strikes me as particulary competent, in fact...

They all lose at the end, so none of them can be considered really competent

Trabant is the more competent ennemy I encountered. Dying is just the best way for him to complete his plan.

When I beat it, I always feel like it's because he chosed it.

Manfroy in book 2. He starts out looking like a genius for most of the game, carefully ensuring that Lopto is reborn within Julius.

Then in the Final Chapter, he spares Julia's life (AKA the last person with full Narga blood), sends her out to meet the one person who could get through to her, and keeps the one spell that can put a beat down on his reincarnated dark dragon god in the castle right next to where said demon-spawn is residing.

Manfroy for top tier villain :lol:

speaking of competent villains, some got a lot closer to their goals than others (lol at Begnion senators being played for fools)

honestly though, it's generally a case of stupid protagonists over "competent" villains

I would vote for Lundgren from FE7.

Lundgren somehow managed to loose a whole country to a small group of people that Lyn picked up on her way.

This isn't a case of Lyn having off-screen allies. It was specified that Lyn had no support from any of the Marquis and that Calin's population wasn't rebelling. Lyn had to win with nothing but the few people she traveled with.